Issue with File Upload feature (Chrome only, OSX)

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by Salvatore Giuseppe, Aug 22, 2015.

1. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    I've had this issue for a while, and finally decided to complain about it, I'll try to make this as clear as possible:

When I use the Upload a File button to embed an image, the dialogue box comes up normally, I find the file I want to upload, it shows the usual loading image in the right hand corner of the screen, but then it stops and the dialogue box goes back to saying "no file selected" instead of popping up a box beneath the post box giving me options imbed full image or thumbnail.

If I then click on "more options" though, to go to the full details, the box will be there, so the file is obviously being uploaded.

If however, I start on the "more options" screen, or for example, when creating a new thread like this, there is nothing I can do to make the box appear. However, if I go through the process of uploading a file, it will still upload, and then attach at the bottom of the post without me getting the option of inserting the full image instead.

I've gone through that process here, to illustrate both how the file will attach to my post and what box i'm talking about that will only appear after I hit "more options". To be clear: I do not see the box in that image for this post, despite the fact that there is (I hope) a file uploaded with the post.

Specs: Chrome 44 (but this has been going on probably 4-6 months at least). No extensions turned on/off make any difference
    OSX 10.10

This appears to only be an issue on Chrome, it works as it should on both Firefox and Safari

Attached Files:

2. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went though the process, and could not duplicate.

But I am having a chrome issue at work. Do you use McAfee by any chance?

Attached Files:

3. Salvatore Giuseppe

May 4, 2012
    Club:
    Chicago
    nvm I found the problem. It turns out that, despite me saying I didn't have any extensions that should be messing it up, I did. I only fiddled with the couple that I have installed that meddle with how pages are displayed.

Today I decided to dig deeper.

For some inexplicable reason the Chromoji extension prevented the box from appearing. All that is meant to do is display emoji properly. Why that would mess it up, I have no idea. In any case it appears I'm behind on the times and Chrome for Mac as natively supported emoji since March now. I've since deleted the extension and everything works fine.