Is this thing on...?

Discussion in 'Houston Dynamo' started by txsn, Dec 2, 2017.

1. txsn

txsn Member+

Jan 22, 2008
    Texas
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    These boards are dead. Have people moved on from the Dynamo or just moved on from BigSoccer?

2. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Bit of both. It’s easier to be on twitter and not follow folks with differing opinions and end up in a pool of Orange Kool Aid. Or be wrong a lot and no one calls you out on it

3. *rey*

*rey* Member+

Feb 22, 2006
    Houston
    Still here. December is going to be interesting. Can’t wait to see who stays and who goes.

4. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    my money is on jc being the last one standing. hell outlive god just to get the last word in.

txsn and Dynamo_Forever repped this.
  5. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes - next 3 weeks lots of player transactions. Here’s the thing, Dynamo preseason camp is probably about 7 weeks away, not as long of a break as last few heads

6. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I read enough anger, and negativity on Twitter, so no need to read all the complaining here :D

7. Heft

Heft BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 20, 2011
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    We should all meet up in the preseason.

*rey* repped this.
  8. Dynamo_Forever

Dynamo_Forever Member+

Aug 9, 2007
    Clear Lake, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I lost track, how many players are on loan and how many have an actual contract? It's like we're sponsored by Rent 2 Own except we don't have the cash to ever own.

Westside Cosmo repped this.
  9. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
  10. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, it was yesterday but the Dynamo haven’t released what they turned into the league. There is also a twitter post that the Dynamo cancelled their Monday night STH party due to unforeseen circumstances - which some speculate is due to not wanting to have the party with players they already cut

11. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Does that suggest high profile cuts? Or are we just that sensitive suddenly?

12. Westside Cosmo

Westside Cosmo Member+

Oct 4, 2007
    H-Town
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    A January date gets you probably the other side of the combine and draft. New team, future marketing. Way MLS has done this you do it one day and the option players and out of contract are gone, few days later we're in free agency. But is January a celebration of 17 or a preliminary to 18?

I would say they need a single option deadline for everyone including Cup teams. The eliminated teams have time for closure events, and to make decisions, and can basically begin lining up new players waiting on the deadline to make it official.
    Failing that, giving Columbus and Houston a midweek deadline would help resolve the issue. Ditto MLS Cup teams that literally have to spoil the broth by filing option decisions the next day, a Sunday. Teams eliminated in the quarters get most of a week, admittedly Thanksgiving, but on through to the following Wednesday. We played a road game one night West coast and had to file option decisions noon central next day. We might have still been in Seattle or be on the plane back.

I think the solution is a celebration in one of the gaps before or between playoff games where no deadline is imminent, but then it becomes a regular season celebration and you lose the element of celebrating advancement. Or you get MLS to build in space which I think would be more classy anyway. I mean way this works you just played a big game and you're sending a fax and probably telling them on the plane or at the hotel coming off that run, or filing something and then postponing telling the pertinent individual, which isn't exactly great etiquette, possible something leaks and that's how they hear. A cooling down period makes more sense and is less cold blooded, "your money is on the dresser."

But I assume some of this is the season extends on and on now. I can remember when this was done in November, and now they have to dodge Turkey Day and try to complete free agency for Xmas after a midmonth final. We're signing people so late they can be virtual Xmas gifts like last season.

14. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    I am still here - lurking more and posting in brief intense periods when I actually have time.

I think Big Soccer suffered when most internet consumption started being on the smartphone. wonk website to begin with and more painful to use on a smartphone.

Orange til I die no matter how long or painful it gets. Don't even think that I will go out with a whimper tho

Grimmjow316 and ChrizG13 repped this.
  15. juvechelsea

juvechelsea Member+

Feb 15, 2006
    Did they hold the party anyway but as a team event and not as a fan event and with league agreement to embargo the option deadline results until afterwards and they get a chance to meet with the victims. Or are we talking today and/or tomorrow and it's released tomorrow.

I don't know why they put in the earlier deadlines for eliminated teams because free agency doesn't start in earnest until this is all done.