Is the NASL dead?

Discussion in 'NASL' started by Rick O'Shea, Aug 31, 2010.

1. eclipse02

eclipse02 Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Actually it says needs SSS within the next 5 years.

2. VioletCrown

VioletCrown Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Aug 30, 2000
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    Austin Aztex
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, it doesn't.

Under "Markets; Stadia; and Fields", General Requirements, it says

Under "Markets; Stadia; and Fields" for D2 it says

In the preliminary information there was a 5 year requirement. So everyone expected that was going to be required. But when the actual standards came out, it wasn't part of it.

3. teucer

teucer Member

Dec 17, 2009
    Raleigh, NC, USA
    Club:
    Carolina Railhawks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, if you're some random newspaper sports writer covering a local minor-league team, there's not a lot of incentive to go into probing analysis beyond what its ownership is telling you.

So yeah, the N&O really is at least sometimes a mouthpiece for the Wellmans. This is one of those times. It's not a surprise, and it's only a disappointment if you were expecting an interview with somebody in the news to be anything more than a chance for us to hear things from the interviewee about what's going on.

I'd love to see a guy like Quarstad weigh in on the matter. I trust his analysis of almost everything we see in the D2 world. But as for the data that's there to analyze - well, here's a bunch of stuff straight from the league leadership.

4. Fiorentina lives!

May 5, 2004
    If US 2nd Division becomes MLS2... any MLS team could lobby for Puerto Rico as a 2D market, since it's an attractive destination for Caribbean and Latino players >> Any MLS team would love to have access to promising Caribbean and Latino players. I could see Navas Cobo (Dynamo) getting developed in PR, for example. Just sayin'...

5. WhiteStar Warriors

Mar 25, 2007
    St.Pete/Krakow
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How the hell did he become the CEO of NASL?

NASL CEO, Aaron Davidson.