Is REPUBLICA DEPORTIVA the worst soccer sports show ever?

Discussion in 'Copa América Centenario 2016' started by albertorei, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. albertorei

albertorei New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    No analisis, no interviews with the protagonists, no statistics, no highlights.

Instead a lot of emails from fans with their predictions, interviews of the cook of some restaurant where fans have gathered or some drunk fan, dances, loud music, people jumping and shouting, and a lot of bad jokes of that bufoon Fernando Fiori.

Is this the worst show?

2. BorrachoNJ

BorrachoNJ New Member

Apr 8, 2001
    NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
    Re: Is REPUBLICA DEPORTIVA the worst sports show ever?

i'm gonna have to say bass fishing is the worst sports show ever.

3. albertorei

albertorei New Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Re: Is REPUBLICA DEPORTIVA the worst sports show ever?

OK, I fixed the title, Borracho.

4. Danilo-11

Danilo-11 Member

Dec 20, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    I agree
    the girls are hot... but that's all they got

All that Univision does is talk crap from their air conditioned studio in Miami/LA and interview fans from LA, NY, Miami.

Anybody told this people that the tournament was being played in Venezuela and that a plane ticket from Miami to Venezuela is about $400?

5. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    In all fairness, I can bet that 99.9% of Republica Deportiva viewers watch it for reasons other than the actual sports information. :)

Metro

6. Ombak

Ombak Moderator
    Staff Member

Flamengo
    Apr 19, 1999
    Irvine, CA
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  7. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    Yes, it's the worst futbol show by far.

You can't tell what's going on half the time because you have all these retarded fans and stupid hot girls who don't have a clue about futbol screaming like idiots.
    Plus Fernando Fiore doesn't know what he's talking about. (Me gustaria que alguien me diga como se dice "chanta" en ingles porque esa es la mejor manera de describir a Fernando Fiore.)

8. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Personally, I don't mind that at all. Do you? :confused:

Metro

9. albertorei

albertorei New Member

Jun 26, 2007

Que significa "chanta"?

10. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    When it comes to futbol, yes, I do. If I really want to watch hot girls Ill just change the channel to something else or some other show ("Asi es la vida" ;) )

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Good point. :D

Metro

12. olimpia84

olimpia84 New Member

May 22, 2006
    Bosque de Para Uno
    Club:
    Olimpia Asuncion
    Nat'l Team:
    Paraguay
    es dificil de explicar, es un termino solo usado en Paraguay, Argentina y Uruguay (creo). Un "chanta" viene a ser una persona "falsa" que siempre tienen una sonrisa en la cara y dicen un monton de pavadas y bromas con el proposito de ganarte o comprarte (en este caso seria la audiencia)

13. simont

simont Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I absolutely agree that this worst soccer show on TV. I tuned in about 4:50 while GOLTV was running commercials to see if I could catch some pre-game and what do I see?? Half a dozen or so bikini clad women dancing in what appeared to be a bar set. I couldn't help laughing at this and someone asked me where Howard Stern was.

It was tacky and stupid.

What happened to a regular pre-game show with analysis and expert opinion? In stead of this being called Republica Deportiva it should be called Copa america Adult pre-game. Does Univision need parental advisories for pre-games now? I wonder? This stuff should be rated R. Not approriate!
    Seriously, if I want to see this kind of stuff I would go to PPV and order "Girls Gone Wild"
    With this kind of garbage I am reminded of why I don't watch this program too often.

simon t

14. Nitrain00

Nitrain00 Member

May 23, 2006
    I think in school those people are called "suck-ups" - like a student who tries to get the teacher to like him and get good grades by bringing in an apple.

I have heard many people say about people like that "he's an Eddie Haskell"
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Haskell

Most of the time probably just call them "fake" or "a fake"

15. Pønch

Pønch Saprissista

Aug 23, 2006
    Donde siempre
    En Costa Rica sería un "bombeta" :D

16. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    En Chile tambien utilizamos el termino "chanta" de la misma forma que lo explico olimpia. :)

Metro

17. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    En lo que a mi concierne, este programa no es de futbol... Si alguno lo ve para obtener informacion deportiva, esta jorobado...

Mis razones para verlo, por los 15 minutos que me lo soporto:

[​IMG]

18. tigersoccer2005

tigersoccer2005 Member+

Dec 1, 2003
    North Bergen, NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Republic Deportive Copa America Edition was very poor indeed--there was no real info as most of you have already noted. The hot girls are nice, but my liiitle nephew who is into soccer was in the house cause he wanted to watch the game with me ---his favorite uncle ;) Obviously under those circumstances i wasnt about to tune in that show. But i must admit, that even when i am alone i only tune in that show for about 5 to 10 minutes and then change the channel --it is simply a tedious program to have to endure for too long. Who cares about the fans in a bar in Miami vs the ones in a restauruant in Newark, NJ? This is just a complete waste of time....

For most of the Copa America games i found myself doing the following---watching the pre game show on Gol TV, switiching to Univision to watch the game (i like spanish style commentary--personal preference) and then switching once again to Gol TV at halftime for the mid game analysis.

I dont want to go without saying something positive about Republic Deportiva. While it is true that coverage during this Copa America tournament was absolute garbage, usually once the Mexican soccer season starts (August) the pregame show does turn a bit more serious. During that time they usually have actual news stories, sports interviews, and game predictions and some light analysis interspersed between the nonsense fan segments and the risque T&A segments. However no one will ever mistake Republica Deportiva for a true in-depth soccer analysis show.

19. HINCHADERIVER91

HINCHADERIVER91 New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
  20. KesOne

KesOne BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I just put it on to look at thighs.

21. HINCHADERIVER91

HINCHADERIVER91 New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    LOS ANGELES
    especially the one on the left..

22. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'll be honest, I cant remember the faces :D

23. dapip

dapip Member+

Sep 5, 2003
    South Florida
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Tele-Basura
    Garbage-Vision
    Uni-ficcion

I ended up listening to Ramos on ESPN Radio, could not take the slow scottish guy and the stupid mexican from GolTV.

24. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Republica Deportiva is a futbol show? I watch it for the girls and Rosana Franco who was pretty flirtatious with DeMarcus Beasley after the Copa Oro win.
    She's already better than any other female commentator on ESPNDeportes.

25. KesOne

Mar 11, 2005
    Nueva Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    I'll tell you what. I can watch this one talk about international futbol on fse for an hour a day. I dont really get to watch her that much though.She just needs to get rid of that annoying accent :D

[youtube]4FSJibs-KnI[/youtube]

[youtube]pQpjZWasIGw[/youtube]

Sad Sad Moment

[youtube]5JRgKboGH3I[/youtube]