Is Luis Suarez underrated?

Discussion in 'BigSoccer Polls' started by Guigs, Mar 11, 2014.

1. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    I never see him on anybody's list of best around, I never see him on Ballon D'Or voting top 3, I never see him being mentioned as currently one of the best strikers in the world.

But over the past 2 years he's been better than Cavani or Forlan for Uruguay and has scored 30 goals 12-13 and is following it up with a 24 goal season, with 10 assists...

yet no mention of him anywhere.

2. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Luis Suarez has Messi like ability but has played in lowly clubs for his entire career first with Ajax and now with Liverpool. If he was playing with Real Madrid, Bayern or even Barca he could put up Cronaldo and Messi like numbers. Heck I was hoping Pep took him to Bayern and use him in the Messi role over there to see what he could do but it didnt happen. And now with liverpool close to earning champions league play I doubt he'll get the chance to go to a bigger club to play.

But he deserves to be playing on a better club surrounded by world class talent and not with a bunch of average english players. To me he's easily a top five player in the world but perception is against him.

[]__[]

Majin repped this.
  3. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    He is a very talented FW and easily the TOP5 along with Messi, CR7, Ibra and a few others ...
    However it was his "dirty trick" that made him less rexpectful and turned off people's admiration

4. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    Even Rooney a ManU soon legend has to agree that Suarez is a great talent

Premier League news

Rooney: Suarez 'one of the best'
    March 15, 2014
    Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney rates Liverpool's Luis Suarez as "one of the best players in the world."

5. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Underrated? Perhaps.

I think he is a sort of prime example of the situation where player's actions outside his stats affect his rating. I mean, biting (twice), the racial abuse incident. If he is underrated, it's his own fault. If you want to be considered as a player of the very highest level, you can't act like that (imo).

But even considering the stats alone, he isn't as impressive as the very best attackers (Messi and Cristiano). I'd say that Cavani's stats are also more impressive, though it somewhat comes down to how you rate Serie A (I think it isn't as good as EPL, but not THAT far behind).

Currently, he is somewhere in positions 3-10, depending how you compare players in different positions. But he has no business in top two.

6. santi1196

santi1196 New Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Club:
    CA San Lorenzo de Almagro
    he is a good player but not that much

7. Guigs

Guigs Member+

Dec 9, 2011
    Club:
    Vasco da Gama Rio Janeiro
    He was voted 19th on this past Ballon D'Or

8. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sure, but at least in my opinion, he is better than 19th now.

3rd, 5th, 7th, 10th, whatever: but he is somewhere up there with the best (after Messi and Cristiano) currently.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  9. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, he is underrated. As a Liverpool fan, Suarez is a true pleasure to watch. He plays for the biggest club in England and one of the biggest in the world, surrounded by quite a bit of talent. When LFC qualify for the CL after this season he will get the recognition he deserves.

JamesBH11 repped this.
  10. wangfeng

wangfeng Member

Mar 21, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Suarez's personal abilities be undervalued

11. puertorricane

puertorricane Red Card

Feb 4, 2012
    Carolina PR
    Club:
    Santos FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    That's the thing, he's not surrounded by that much talent and he still does what he does. If you look at the best players in the world like Cronaldo and Messi they are surrounded by world class talent at almost every position. Suarez plays with some players that are average or below average and not even close to world class. Liverpool has some good talent but not that much compared to the others.

[]__[]

Guigs and JamesBH11 repped this.
  12. microwaves

microwaves New Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Agreed. They say," a reputation of 100 years is decided by an action that took 10 minutes." Suarez is pretty close to the top though. We will see what playing with Neymar and Messi will do for him.

13. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he underrated? I don't know...where is he rated?

14. HomietheClown

HomietheClown Member+

Dusselheim FC 1971
    Sep 4, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    He had three biting incidents not two.

As for him being underrated , all I will say is he probably is but it does not matter in the grans scheme of things as long as he does not lead a professional sportsman like career.

15. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Three? In March?

16. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One in the World Cup, one in the Premier League, and one on a club he played for before Liverpool.

17. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Sure, but when the "twice" was written it was March aka pre-third-bite.

18. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    and keep counting in ... liga LOL

19. Rana catesbeiana

Mar 11, 2008
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Well, dunno about how much I trust he has learnt his lesson, but I hope he has.

20. JamesBH11

JamesBH11 Member+

Sep 17, 2004
    like CR7 learned his lesson of bad diving ? I hope not