Is FSC in the USA still relevant?

Discussion in 'UEFA and Europe' started by vaindioux, Oct 28, 2018.

1. vaindioux

vaindioux New Member

May 22, 2004
    Hi

I apologize if this is the wrong forum but I looked and couldn't find anything for TV.
    I pay $15 a month for FSC and wonder if it is still worth it. With all the rights going to Spanish channels which I have, I wonder what FSC will show.
    I am mainly into champions league, euro and euro qualifiers, world cup and euro zone world cup qualifiers and nations league. I have ESPN+.
    Secondary would be ligue 1, la ligua and EPL.

Thanks a lot

Pat

2. vaindioux

vaindioux New Member

May 22, 2004
    Well it's funny my bill says "Fox sport world" but I don't have it but have "FS1".
    I guess that's FS1 that I m being charged for.
    Is that channel still worth it?

Thxs

Pat

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You're out of date. Fox Sports World changed names to Fox Soccer Channel (FSC). After FSC lost the Premier League rights, it stopped existing. If a bill still says Fox Sports World, the TV provider is negligent. Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 were created as general sports channels that included the leftover soccer rights including the Champions League and FA Cup. What you're paying for is Fox Soccer Plus. Last season, it had Multimatch 90 that switched between Champions League games. It had a little of the FA Cup. Now Fox has the lost the rights to both of those. The biggest competition Fox has is the Bundesliga, which is on Fox Sports 1, Fox Sports 2, and Fox Soccer Plus. If you only care about Bayern Munich, they're rarely going to be on Fox Soccer Plus. If you root for a less popular club, you'll have a few games a season on Fox Soccer Plus. Fox Soccer Plus also has Women's National Team games, Women's College Soccer, MLS, Liga MX, and Copa do Brazil; but most of that are replays of games that originally aired on Fox Sports 1. In general I don't think Fox Soccer Plus is worth it.

For La Liga and Ligue 1 you need beIN Sports.

4. NaBUru38

NaBUru38 Member+

Mar 8, 2016
    Las Canteras, Uruguay
    Club:
    Club Nacional de Football
    The UEFA Champions League airs on TNT, B/R Live and Univisión.

The Fifa World Cup airs on Fox, Fox Sports 1 and Telemundo.

The UEFA qualifiers and Nations League air on ESPN and ESPN+.

5. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    Bundasliga and MLS play-offs I guess. And FA Cup. And, when the time comes, World Cup qualifiers I think. Probably Gold Cup too, if you care about that.

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fox Soccer Plus doesn't have the MLS playoffs. ESPN Plus got the rights to the FA Cup. None of the Gold Cup was on Fox Soccer Plus.

7. AlbertCamus

AlbertCamus Member+

Colorado Rapids
    Sep 2, 2005
    Colorado, USA
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I read this as FS1. My bad. FS1 has MLS playoffs, used to have FA cup, and I think had either Gold Cup or Copa. Actually, I didn't know Fox Soccer Plus still existed.

8. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FS1 had the Gold Cup and the Copa America Centenario (I hope they still do have them), but not the 12 team Copa Americas.