News: IRAQ vs QATAR - TO BE Re-Decided in "Cour of Arbitration for Sports - CSA"

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by hammad_friend, Sep 15, 2008.

1. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Wahabia and that is just the start!

2. adelo

adelo Member

May 9, 2007
    Mother of Pigeons
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nobody attacked your faith here. Please keep arguments football related only.

La tfarrej al-nas 3aleina:cool:

3. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    Come on we are are arab brothers!:)

4. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Sadly we don't have many Qataris or Bahrain members over here (Otherwise it would be nuclear explosions over here). :D

5. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :eek: You don't work for those hacks bush and blair, do you?

6. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia

Arab brothers?? MUSLIM brothers !!!

The Last Prophet (P.B.U.H.) said in Qutba Hijatul Wida that all Muslims are brothers and that Arab & Non-Arab don't supersede each other ....

7. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    What´s wrong? I talked about Iraqi69 and Saudi64.Yes,we are arab brothers or muslim brothers.I was correct.

8. Sahand

Sahand New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    Bro, you're very nationalistic, that is sad.

You either respect your brother as a Muslim ... or you go to artifical borders and ethnicities..

One of God's signs is that he has made us different in tongue and colours ... so that we may understand each other not dispute with each other.

And of course, hammand has quoted the beautiful last, short and potent Sermon by the Prophet (peace and blessings of God be upon him) ... where he denounced all forms of racism. God only knows us by our sins/ idolatry and good deeds/ faith... that's it.

9. Massilia

Massilia New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Iraq lose appeal, Qatar able to play on

Qatar have been given the all-clear to continue their World Cup qualifying campaign after the Court of Arbitration for Sport dismissed Iraq's appeal over the appearance of an ineligible player.
    The Iraqi Football Association appealed to the CAS after Qatar fielded Brazil-born Emerson in their clash in March.FIFA had earlier determined that despite the fact Emerson was unable to play for the Middle Eastern nation, Iraq had taken too long to appeal and therefore the result of the match, which Qatar won 2-0, stood.
    If Iraq had been successful in getting the result of that match overturned, then they would have finished in the top two positions in that qualifying pool and felt they had every right to demand they take Qatar's spot in the final group stage.
    However, the CAS have dismissed the IFA's appeal, confirming the FIFA decision which determined the IFA's original appeal to world football's governing body was not admissible due to the late payment of the appeal fee.
    A CAS panel held a hearing in the Lausanne offices on September 10, with CAS secretary general Matthieu Reeb announcing afterwards that, as the parties did not request an urgent ruling, the decision would be released along with the grounds in two to three weeks.
    "The panel noted that the appeal fee was paid by the IFA to FIFA 11 days after the expiry of the time limit and that the IFA did not have any particular reasons to justify such a late payment," read the CAS verdict.
    "The CAS arbitrators also emphasised that the IFA was fully aware of the conditions for the filing of an appeal with FIFA, in view of the correspondence exchanged between the two federations at a time when the appeal was still possible.
    "As a consequence, the appeal filed by the IFA is dismissed and the result of the match Qatar-Iraq of 26 March 2008 is confirmed."
    Qatar sit top of Asian World Cup Qualifying Group One - which also features Australia, Japan, Uzbekistan and Bahrain - having picked up four points from their first two matches.
    They travel to Brisbane to take on the Socceroos in their third game on October 15.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story?id=577292&sec=worldcup2010&cc=4716

10. Syriaman

Syriaman Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Stuttgart,Aleppo
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Syria
    Racism?

Hello?

I said we are muslim brothers I haven´t talked about anything.

And an arab brother can be christian,jew or muslim,we are arabs.

I haven´t said anything about that.I am not nationalistic.

It is sad that you don´t understand me.You and hammad repeated nearly this what I said.So come on it´s Eid don´t let us argue on the first day.But please read it one time .

I respect my brother whether he is black or a chinese or arab or irani!Especially I am saying this.

I think you understood something wrong brother!:)

I have a friend from malaysia and he is muslim,we are best friends.i am really sad now that you say I am nationalistic.

I saw how two arabs are arguing,and that is not good,both are muslims.

11. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  12. Massilia

Massilia New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    from the Court of Arbitration for Sport website:
    http://www.tas-cas.org/news

FOOTBALL - IRAQ FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION V/FIFA & QATAR FOOTBALL ASSOCIATION

Lausanne, 29 September 2008
    - The Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) has dismissed the appeal filed by the Iraqi Football Association (IFA) against a decision taken by the FIFA Appeal Committee on 9 July 2008. The CAS has confirmed the FIFA decision which determined that a previous appeal filed by the IFA with FIFA was not admissible due to the late payment of the appeal fee. To read the press release in full, please go to Media / Press Releases

13. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

Mother Fu%cker...is that all LATE? LATE? bin hammam should be hangd in Eid like saddam

14. nimrooo

nimrooo BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jan 16, 2005
    dude you're muslim?
    arab/muslim brotherhood has no place w/in our borders! We have our own culture, history etc... And you should know that Iranians are the most nationalistic ppl on earth so you don't make any sense

15. Laith

Laith Member

May 10, 2006
    Club:
    Al Nasr Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    To the Iraqis:

[​IMG]

16. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    "FIFA has welcomed yesterday's decision by CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sport) to dismiss an appeal filed by the Iraqi Football Association (IFA) regarding a decision made on 9 July 2008 by the FIFA Appeal Committee.
    In doing so, CAS has confirmed the decision taken by the FIFA Appeal Committee which declared an appeal lodged by the IFA inadmissible. Although the IFA appeal to FIFA was not filed within the correct time frame, the case was thoroughly examined by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee.
    The decision by the FIFA Disciplinary Committee ascertained the decision reached by the Qatar Football Association, which declared the Brazilian-born player Emerson no longer eligible to represent them after major irregularities had been discovered in the player's documentation, which has also led to a criminal investigation against the player.
    With this decision, the Asian Football Confederation's Preliminary Competition for the 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa™ will proceed as scheduled. "

http://www.fifa.com/aboutfifa/feder...0.html#fifa+welcomes+cas+decision+iraq+appeal

17. Akumastarr

Akumastarr New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Hard luck Iraqis but I'd be lying if I said I'd rather play you talented bastards than South America & Co.

18. Iraqi69

Iraqi69 New Member

Oct 21, 2007
    Mesopotamia
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

Thanks buddy

19. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    You callin Iraqis bastards?:confused:

The Qataris are talented too. They are topping your group right now.

20. glennaldo_sf

glennaldo_sf Member+

Houston Dynamo, Penang FC, Al Duhail
    United States
    Nov 25, 2004
    Doha, Qatar
    Club:
    FL Fart Vang Hedmark
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Problem is they're not exactly Qataris. :rolleyes:

21. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    :rolleyes:

Only because they have a game in hand and have just finished playing their 2 weakest opponents at home.
    I will be a little disappointed if Japan walks away from Uzbekistan and Bahrain at home with just 4 points. I think Australians would have a similar take on that.

22. almango

almango Member+

Sydney FC
    Australia
    Nov 29, 2004
    Bulli, Australia
    Club:
    Sydney FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    In Australia its often used as a term of endearment. Its also used as a term of derision, but if you know Australian English then you can easily know it was used as a term of endearment in the original post.

They are, but it is often the case that teams seem to handle one group of talented players better than another. We seem to struggle against Iraq, but haven't done so against Qatar so far.

23. Massilia

Massilia New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    I seriously hope Iraqis are right now looking into their own federation, and question the officials "in charge" who are not capable of filing an appeal on time, and not capable of paying a fee on time. These people are a danger for the interests of their country....!

24. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005
    Qatar national passport --------- means they are Qataris.

Now if you want to argue between original Qataris and duplicate Qataris - then that's a different topic.

25. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    When did they start the cloning process?