Iraq doping allegations...

Discussion in 'AFC: Tournaments' started by Farhad Khan, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vasilli07

vasilli07 Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Singapore
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Singapore
    Will AFC disqualify Iraq now?

2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Shows what kind of sore losers Iran are. They did the same thing against Bahrain in 2001, and now against Iraq. If they knew about this before why didn't they file a complaint when the squads were announced?

Anyway, even if the player failed the doping test (which I highly doubt) he would get a ban, and not the nation thrown out of the competition :)

HydrogenFluoride repped this.
  3. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/arti...-question-after-iran-claims-ineligible-player

4. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Guys this is so serious. Fifa has confirmed the doping and they will reveal the verdict tonight. Iraq could actually be eliminated!

5. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Kaffashian claimed there is 90% chance that Iraq will be eliminated. He talked on TV. This is why our team's flight was cancelled. It might not happen but it is so serious.

Navid1337 and KiarashM repped this.
  6. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    There are 3 reasons for eliminating a team after the game and doping is one of them.
    Why would they say it before? They hold it just in case :))

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Typical Iran. Blaming everyone but themselves.

Get over it. You lost. All our players were eligible to play. Alaa himself confirmed he left Tractor Sazi because of family reasons. It had nothing to do with doping.

8. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Fifa has confirmed the doping and Iran has sent the documents to AFC and they have confirmed it. The chances of Iraq elimination are slim but the doping is for sure and at least Ala will be punished. If any sort of verdict has been made then Iraq will definitely be eliminated but I think they haven't made a verdict yet so I don't think the result will be changed. But there is slim chance that it might change. Iran has stayed in Australia for a reason.
    However, as I said the chances are slim. Asian Cup is definitely over for Ala though.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  9. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Nope Iraq will never get eliminated unless we lose to South Korea.
    You say this is from last year right? I mean if its true. Then do we really need to talk about something that silly?
    If Iran bribe fife then maximum Alaa will get banned not Iraq eliminated.

Now Sore Losers Eat Piaz (Onion) Out of here your mouth smell is so bad.
    Say something about South Korea Iraq match or leave.

10. Amir14

Amir14 Member

Mar 10, 2012
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let's hope the justice system gives the cheaters full punishment for disgracing the Asian Cup.

11. Ali(Iran)

Ali(Iran) Member+

Mar 31, 2014
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Why would I want to talk about that? :))
    I know Iraq will not be eliminated but there is slim chance :-D
    Iran federation says that Iraq will be eliminated but I don't believe them. But as I said, Iran stayed in Australia for a reason :)
    Iran had told AFC before the game about it (I just read) so he must have been banned. Tonight it will be announced. Fingers crossed :-D

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  12. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    FIFA confirms Iraqi player's positive doping test
    TEHRAN, Jan. 24 (MNA) – FIFA confirmed 23-year-old Iraqi midfielder Alaa Abdul-Zahra had tested positive for doping.

After a formal complaint filed by Iranian Football Federation over fielding an ineligible player by Iraqi team in Friday's quarter-final game, FIFA confirmed Iraqi midfielder had tested positive for doping.

23-year-old Iraqi midfielder Alaa Abdul-Zahra allegedly failed a drug test when he was playing in Iran with Tractor Sazi Club.

Iraq defeated 10-men Iran squad in penalties 7-6 after a tense 120-min game with 6 goals exchanged between the two teams on Friday to reach semi-finals facing with South Korea in 2015 AFC Asian Cup in Sydney on Monday.

Following the lawsuit filed against Iraqi team, Iranian side has delayed its exit from Australia due to AFC request awaiting a response from the world governing body, which is expected on Sunday.

If approved, Iran would be announced the winner of the game 3-0 to head for next round instead of Iraq.

http://en.mehrnews.com/detail/News/105684

(I got this from KiarashM who posted it in another thread, creds to him)

KiarashM repped this.
  13. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Cheaters ? Dude how we would know if he failed the test or not if you covered it up in Iran in the first place and our player continued playing with his club? How come this is our own problem now? If we knew we wont play him. Thats of course if the news you mentioned is true which i doubt it.
    Make no sense

14. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Funny thing Alaa Abduzahra is 27 not 23
    NEXT

15. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    it's a tiny typo. doesn't mean it isn't true as FIFA confirms it lol.

FIFA confirms Iraqi player's positive doping test
    TEHRAN, Jan. 24 (MNA) – FIFA confirmed 23-year-old Iraqi midfielder Alaa Abdul-Zahra had tested positive for doping.

After a formal complaint filed by Iranian Football Federation over fielding an ineligible player by Iraqi team in Friday's quarter-final game, FIFA confirmed Iraqi midfielder had tested positive for doping.

23-year-old Iraqi midfielder Alaa Abdul-Zahra allegedly failed a drug test when he was playing in Iran with Tractor Sazi Club.

Iraq defeated 10-men Iran squad in penalties 7-6 after a tense 120-min game with 6 goals exchanged between the two teams on Friday to reach semi-finals facing with South Korea in 2015 AFC Asian Cup in Sydney on Monday.

Following the lawsuit filed against Iraqi team, Iranian side has delayed its exit from Australia due to AFC request awaiting a response from the world governing body, which is expected on Sunday.

If approved, Iran would be announced the winner of the game 3-0 to head for next round instead of Iraq.

http://en.mehrnews.com/detail/News/105684

16. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The whole thing is absurd. Even if the news was right then ur club will be banned and charged for allowing him to play. Oh wait or you will only ban the player? Do we really need to go further in this silly no logical discussion?

Maximum the player will be banned. Not Iraq eliminated.

17. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He left after the doping charges. Iran had already notified FIFA then and given them his sample which they approved of as well. But you obviously can't bring your head out your ass thinking he left because of family problems.

Iraq won't be eliminated but most likely Zahra will be punished. People deserve to know.

Edit Tex: Stay Classy.

18. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    No he left just like the same reason of how all of Iraqi players did Hawar, Sader, Nasser, among others they do not get paid in time.
    Beside when he signed to Tractor he went thru drug test and passed it and played 4 months for his club. That means if he failed another test after signing that means ur club is involved. Duuh

19. Navid1337

Navid1337 Member

Villarreal
    Oct 29, 2014
    Athens
    We didn't lose. You people paid the ref, even then you could only manage a draw. Regardless, this is looking great for SK and Australia, they are more or less guaranteed a final appearance.

KiarashM repped this.
  20. Farhad Khan

Farhad Khan Member

Jul 27, 2008
    Asia
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    How is the club involved? The club requested him to be tested due to suspicious behavior in trainings...

I give up. You don't understand shit.

21. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    If we have money to pay we would sign a contract ti a new coach not to loan Radhi Shneishel. If we bribe referees we would be in the last world cup. We would never do that. You know its a stupid thing to say

22. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    FIFA has already confirmed that Zahra was tested positive for doping. Once in Iran when he was playing for Tractor Sazi, and then subsequently in Cologne, Germany.
    Its no longer of question of whether or not he was doping. He was doping (documented by FIFA).
    The issue now is whether the Iraqi federation was informed of these tests and whether or not there was issued a formal ban on Zahra.

BTW, Iran did not file this complaint as a reaction to the loss against Iraq.
    Iran filed this complaint to fifa BEFORE the match started.

23. Mussab86

Mussab86 Member+

Jan 20, 2006
    Jabriya, Kuwait
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I dont know why this deleted but here it is again.

Alaa Abdulzahra: this news is fake and fabricated. He said he signed to Al-Shorta from Tractir Sazi after the approval of FIFA. He added that he signed for several professional clubs in different countries and he never failed any tests.

http://www.iraqfpg.com/Docs.ArabicViewer/46527253-efae-4cf9-8683-c887da1c66a9/Default.aspx

24. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We'll see what happens. If it turns out that Zahra was doping, then it is a major scandal.
    Many news sources are saying that to be the case and that FIFA has confirmed it.