Invaldi URL or Not Page Looking For

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Smithsoccer1721, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I posted this on the Crew forums but didn't receive any help so I thought I would pass this forum in search of help.

I use Google Chrome as my web browser. It works great for every single site but one, Facebook. Every day I get either a "Not the page you are looking for" or "Invalid URL". If I come back in an hour and try again I can get straight to the site. I have deleted cookies, cleared cache, and a few of those simple things. However, it is not fixing my problem at all. Any other ideas?

I tried FireFox and got the same issue. Now I am not sure what to do. Is there some sort of settings on my Wifi??

2. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Looks like other people have been experiencing the same problem and this is the solution I found...

http://dotnetfish.blogspot.com/2012/05/facebook-invalid-url-requested-url-is.html

I also found folks that said to try www.www.facebook.com instead and it should work just fine.

Smithsoccer1721 repped this.
  3. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow thank you. I did what the directions said but couldn't save because if some restrictions on my profile. It's my personal laptop. Below in the comments section I found I was one of many who had this issue so someone else had step by step instructions to get me to allow me to save it. I repeated the steps and successfully saved the file. I don't know if it worked yet but I am hopefully I won't be getting an error soon. Thank you!

4. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. GiuseppeSignori

Jun 4, 2007
    Chicago
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well...you could try to flush your DNS cache. Just follow the instructions in this video...

6. Smithsoccer1721

Smithsoccer1721 Member+

Feb 16, 2007
    Middle of the Table
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Worked temporarily. Very confused as to why this is not working.