Introducing New Iraqi Football Website (Iraqi-Football.com)

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by iraqifan, Nov 11, 2016.

1. iraqifan

iraqifan New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Hello everyone,

It's been years and years since I posted in this forum! Great to see that it's still active with Iraqi fans. I've been reading through all the recent threads last few days and I've actually found a lot of news I didn't know before which is great.

I don't know if any of you have heard of iraqfc.webs.com, you probably have not. I was the creator of that website, back in 2006 I set it up. It got very popular in its early days and I was getting very high views (in the thousands every month) especially around Asian Cup 2007 time. It was easily the biggest Iraqi football site back then. After a few years, I gradually lost some of my passion for Iraqi football and wasn't as motivated to improve or update the site. I also had less time, so naturally the website kinda died down, which I didn't really mind at the time.

But recently my passion for Iraqi football returned. Mainly because we FINALLY have an actual new young squad. Pretty much every player from the old generation is gone and we have new young hungry players and genuinely quality players playing in abroad leagues. A few years ago players like Noor Sabri, Bassim, Qusay, Hawar, Emad etc were all in their late 30s just playing every single game and not even playing well and I got fed up of it. Even players like Nashat and Younis even though I love these players started playing horribly but we still just kept playing them. Only recently they've all gone after Ali Rehema, Noor and Younis retired and even Salam Shakir. Most of our new players are young and have a lot of experience behind them already and now this is a new generation and that's what I like.

Anyway to the main point of this thread. I decided to completely recreate my website with a whole new design and a whole new concept and also a new URL: www.iraqi-football.com

On the site there will be news articles for all major news stories and also match reports for every game, which are all available through the slideshow on the homepage. Once the news becomes outdated it gets moved to Reports Archive page which is categorized by month/year. There is a results and fixtures page and also a videos page which has all recent highlights and also videos for historic tournaments like Asian Cups, Gulf Cups, WAFF Cups and World Cup qualifiers. Furthermore there is a history page with a short summary of our national team's history and also links to further pages from there including "Iraq NT's 10 Best Moments" article.

Also, we have a forums page on our website for fans to discuss anything Iraqi football related or just football related in general. Hopefully we will get some new fans on there who aren't on BigSoccer so we can increase the discussions! If you join our forums, you will also receive a monthly newsletter via email. If you do decide to join the forums, make sure you read this page before making any new posts or threads because it's got important info.

I hope that all sounds interesting to you guys!! Right now there isn't really a proper Iraqi football website in English, there are a few of them around but they don't update regularly and aren't very interactive. This will hopefully be the #1 Iraqi football website online in English and we would appreciate it so much if you help us spread the word about our new site! It would be great if you joined the forums too or told any friends about it so they can join. If you guys have any feedback on the website please post it in this thread! All feedback whether positive or critical is welcomed as we want our site to be as good as it possibly can be.

Also, if any of you are interested in writing articles for our website please feel free to contact us through the contact form on the homepage of the website. Some of you guys seem to be very knowledgeable and passionate on Iraqi football and your contributions would be fully welcomed. I have already used some news here on the website that you guys posted (e.g. someone posted about Al-Talaba possibly withdrawing from Iraqi League and I think Suren01 posted that Ali Hosni refused to have an MRI scan, and I've used both pieces of news on the site which just shows you guys have a lot of knowledge that I won't have.

Apologies for such a long post but please provide feedback it will be much appreciated and I hope you all like the new site and become regular visitors!! :)

Yas-The-Gunner and Suren01 repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Welcome bro!

Feel free to DM me if you need any information :) Good luck with your website.

3. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Welcome to bigsoccer :thumbsup: I've taken a quick look at each page and overall it looks awesome. I'll read the UAE match preview soon and join your forums as well bro. Really good work and excited to see how the site develops. Best of luck! I'll try and share the site elsewhere and get raise awareness of it.

4. iraqifan

iraqifan New Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Thank you guys I really appreciate it, thank you for sharing and raising awareness! Hopefully sharing it will get some more fans to join the forums. Interested to hear more feedback! :)