Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Jul 8, 2012.

1. soccercrazed 3235

soccercrazed 3235 New Member

Oct 11, 2016
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    minhha2309 repped this.
  2. PirateCaptain

PirateCaptain Member

Sevilla
    United States
    Oct 6, 2016
    Bozeman
    Club:
    Sevilla FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hello all from Bozeman, MT where I coach U10 rec soccer and play a pretty ugly center back in our local adult league. Favorite teams are Sevilla FC and the USMNT.

minhha2309 repped this.
  3. Tyyama

Tyyama New Member

Oct 15, 2016
    Club:
    --other--
    Hello all from not so sunny northwest Florida (USA), found this forum because I've gotten to the point of utter disgust with my region's AYSO and kid's HS varsity soccer coach and needed to vent. Not sure if this is the right forum or if this problem is endemic to just US youth soccer. I always believed soccer was a game of laws and sportsmanship evident through professionalism, pride and passion (sometimes too much like when the stands empty) regarding all aspects of the game and passed on to our children. Not sure where AYSO and HS soccer went awry or maybe I'm just a crazy old goat. I've played soccer in Korea growing up, made the varsity team as the starting center defender and goalie and went undefeated (I know who cares), and played in college at the intramural level and pickup games as an adult. I trained and volunteered as a local AYSO coach and referee but due to the lack of support from the last local commissioner, stopped refereeing. However, I now referee only my youngest daughter's games because the high school JV and varsity soccer players acting as referees were largely slow moving obstacles on the field exhibiting a lack of knowledge regarding the laws of the game, confidence and professionalism I believe a referee, professional or volunteer, should exhibit. Again who cares...well I do.

I was preparing to referee my child's game today but its a new season and a promising HS varsity player volunteered to referee (in Florida, HS students must volunteer 100 hours of community service as one of the prerequisites to obtaining the Bright Futures Scholarship) so I approached the referee dressed in high school attire and asked her to make sure she did an equipment safety check and to ensure AYSO rules were followed. I missed the check setting up my kid's team canopy (I know I said it was an overcast day...but it started to look like the sun was going to break through) and assumed a varsity player would know better than skip this pregame requirement. I enjoyed the game until the fourth quarter when I realized the U12G player had earrings. I searched for the commissioner, because our region no longer has a head referee or DoC (that I know of) to address this problem. Unfortunately, no one knew where the commissioner went so I proceeded back to the game and asked the coach (who coached my daughter for three or four seasons but not this season) if her player was wearing earrings. She was into the game, so she shrugged her shoulders and stated I don't know. So I asked if a equipment safety check was accomplished, again a I don't know. How, as a coach do you not know? At that point her team scored a goal so there was a natural stoppage in the game and I yelled to the CR (because we had no ARs) to check the player while the coach was trying to figure out the player's name (this is halfway into the season). The player finally realized she had her earrings on and promptly took them out to a still perplexed HS player. I entered the field (inappropriate and blast me since it is deserved) and asked the HS player/referee to speak with me after the game. I left the field before the earrings reached the sidelines. The backlash that ensued from coach and her parents regarding my concern for one of their player's safety was ridiculous and the support from the current commissioner, nonexistent. I always thought a child's safety was more important than the game but apparently was misinformed.

My problem is this, why does AYSO permit the use of HS JV and varsity players as referees when they are apathetic about following and enforcing the laws (my region does it because of the dearth of adult volunteers and no training for referees in at least three years). I approached HS Varsity coach about his player's omission and lack of enthusiasm and was told they are volunteers and it's the adult coach's and parent's responsibility. But last I recall, the referee was responsible for all aspects of the game on their field. Was I wrong (other than entering the field...but go ahead and blast away)? Has this world become so PC we can't even enforce the laws of the game or expect professionalism from our referees?

Lucky you...this is my shortened version of my venting and its over.

minhha2309 repped this.
  4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  5. Kim Grindley

Kim Grindley New Member

Oct 16, 2016
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York City FC
    Hi Guys,

I'm Kim from Rabona57! We are based out of NYC and huge soccer fans looking forward to being part of the community.

minhha2309 repped this.
  6. marjus

marjus New Member

Oct 18, 2016
    UK
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    #1631 marjus, Oct 18, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
    Hello from UK London !

We have started building an online platform where all players are welcome to upload their performances (training, matches etc). The goal will be to have professional teams, agents, coaches and ex-players join us and give them the opportunity to select potential talents across the platform and also learn from them (tips, success etc).

Your feedback is welcome to allow us to build the perfect platform for you.

Thank you !

Click here to join : http://worldtalentzlaunch.com

minhha2309 repped this.
  7. woody599

woody599 New Member

Oct 20, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    hi guys woody599 here, finally joined up after lurking :p

woody599

minhha2309 repped this.
  8. staiz

staiz New Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    hello, i have football channel on youtube :

minhha2309 repped this.
  9. FCCali2016

FCCali2016 New Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hi! Im from California, and I love soccer. I like to be at the forefront of the soccer conversation.

minhha2309 repped this.
  10. Jaha Wilder

Jaha Wilder New Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Hello around the world! Thanks for having me!

Gilma1990 repped this.
  11. Jonathan Kopp

Jonathan Kopp New Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Hi, I am Jonathan Kopp. I played Division I soccer at IUPUI until I tore my ACL. You can read my story here. I started a new website called collegesportschronicles.com. Check it out and let me know what you think. We are always looking for new writers if interested!

minhha2309 repped this.
  12. Ildiavolobianco

Ildiavolobianco New Member

Oct 25, 2016
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hello, I'm John. Big Milan and Italy fan.

minhha2309 repped this.
  13. The Shaker

The Shaker New Member

Oct 26, 2016
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hi I'm Leigh from the UK. I currently own two football related websites. One is about what your favourite ex Premier League player is doing in retirement www.premierleagueheroes.com and the other is a football merchandise site www.footballgiftsonline.co.uk

Looking forward to getting involved.

minhha2309 repped this.
  14. JoeySpe

JoeySpe New Member

Oct 26, 2016
    California
    Hi there my name is Joey,
    I am a soccer enthusiast and I have been playing this great sport
    since I was a kid.
    Also I am a software engineer and as a side activity I do
    develop android apps.
    I Noticed that even tough soccer
    is one of the most played sports in the world there was a
    lack of apps dedicated to soccer players.

So I came out writing one by myself, it is actually published
    on google play store and its name is Shingo Soccer Referee.
    I tried to put in all the features that could be useful
    for handling soccer matches and related statistics,
    also it is possible to design custom team suits and publish match
    reports online.

Here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]
    I am also actually working in building an online
    community dedicated to soccer teams and tournaments.

I would be glad if you guys could have a look and give
    me feedback to make it the best soccer app available.

You can get more info at http://www.shingosoccerreferee.com
    and download the app for android phones at
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.spinkeysoft.shingo
    Help me to make it big :)

Thanks
    Joey

15. Los Santos

Los Santos New Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm Lucas, born and raised in Atlanta, GA. Have lived in multiple countries. Trying to learn Spanish, and I follow Valencia.

minhha2309 repped this.
  16. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What countries have you lived in?

17. Los Santos

Los Santos New Member

Oct 27, 2016
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Club:
    Valencia CF
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Russia and China.

18. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow, I'd love to visit those countries.

19. iversteins93

iversteins93 Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    Vietnam
    Hello you guys, I'm new here. Glad to join. ;)

minhha2309 repped this.
  20. akitt

akitt New Member

Nov 1, 2016
    New York, NY
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Hi all, Andy here from New York, NY.

I'm a big soccer fan and former youth/college lacrosse coach. Tottenham is my favorite team although I enjoy watching MLS and the EPL. Recently I started a tech company called FieldVision - we've built camera that can autonomously film a soccer game and we're currently looking for beta testers :)

minhha2309 repped this.
  21. BorussiaandBayern

BorussiaandBayern New Member

Nov 2, 2016
    Paris, France
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Hello, greetings from France. Half German, half French. Currently playing for the Stade Français Paris youth academy and also enrolled in college. Big fan of BVB and the Bundesliga.

minhha2309 repped this.
  22. Peyton Valentine

Peyton Valentine New Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Love Manchester United!

23. Ffion Davis

Ffion Davis New Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Hello from the UK!

Peyton Valentine repped this.
  24. Ffion Davis

Ffion Davis New Member

Nov 9, 2016
    Club:
    Swansea City AFC
    Certainly some strong footballing roots there!

BorussiaandBayern repped this.