[Int'l friendlies] Guatemala v Paraguay & v Guyana Pre/PBP/Post; 22/2 & 29/2 [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by ChaChaFut, Feb 20, 2012.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    So Almeida tonto, takes out Jonathan Lopez, Henry Lopez and Nacho lopez, and in comes Pando, Loco and Selvin Mota. And he's playing back to 3 defenders and 5mids and 2 forwards, he doesnt learn does he.

2. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    This is Pando and Loco's last chance. If they don't play well, they should be left off against Costa Rica and in qualifying games.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
    update on score and half?

4. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
  5. G Dawg

G Dawg Member

Apr 28, 2011
  6. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Still 1-0

Guyana came out attacking in the first 5 minutes. Two good shots on goal in the first 2 minutes. Not much since then.

The field is still crappy so not alot of action because of it.

Loco is doing a good job running back and forth on the right side with Enoc. Pando is clearly out of shape and not doing much. He had a clear shot on goal (literally alone with no defender around him for 15 feet) after a lobbed ball in from a busted Guyana clearance. He kicked it in mid air and the ball went way over the goal.

Guyana isn't giving up and still moving the ball forward when they have possession.

Pezza in for Pappa. Another bad game for Pappa.

7. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    lol sorry Dawg, wish you guys would of beat Trinidad, Guate's worst rival. Guate still winning 1-0, Dwight Pezzarossi of Guate just got injured, not good. Good news he's back

8. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    red card for Guyana. Handball

9. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Guyana down with 10 men, #5 just got a red card. Let's see if Guate takes advantage of this

10. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I can't tell because of the bad video feed. But it looks like Pando and Pezza the forwards and Loco is the wing.

Really dumb attack formation. Not working at all.

11. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Hey Dre how u see Contreras, i think that Ciani is beginning to be a better option than Pando, what u think?

12. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    UYYY!!!!1

Guyana almost scored. Free kick and Jerez came out, totally missed the ball.

13. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    im so glad Leon is out, so glad. Put Arreola Almeida

14. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Absolutely. Pando is OBVIOUSLY out of shape. Definitely need a play maker.

15. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    GOL! Guate 2-0

Pezza on a bad clearance/pass by Guyana

16. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    Pezza and Campollo need to start :D

17. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Goooooooooooooooooooooooooool, Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool de Guatemala
    Pando

18. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    FINAL Guate 2 - Guyana 0

REALLY CRAPPY GAME. I hope our next friendly is played at home on a better field.

19. BallinBear

BallinBear Member

May 31, 2009
    La Serena 2
    Guyana 0

20. edcalvi

edcalvi Moderator
    Staff Member

Olimpia
    Guatemala
    May 1, 2005
    US
    Haha.

21. MauriceDel-Taco

Nov 20, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Pando may be out of shape, but i still think he can contibute, maybe not as an attacking mid like he is right now but rather at a defensive mid type of position. That way he can sorta direct the attack and not be tired within 10 minutes

22. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Nah. Just do away with him. Not NT material at the moment, an probably won't be again.

Parece que no me perdi de mucho y que seguimos mal.

23. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    It really was a bad game. The field conditions had alot to do with it. Granted we did control the ball most of the game and we were able to get some good rhythm at times but it was very hard for the players to do much with the ball. A better conditioned field and it woudl've been a much different game.

-Pappa and Contreras couldnt do much, but were able to hold the ball and setup plays when they could. Glad to see them working together again.
    -Lopez and Campollo at the front were good, neither one was selfish and they both were looking to set the ball up for shots. Played very aggressive.
    -Jonathan Lopez has definitely grown into his spot and continues to be good on the wing, but I'd like to see him more on the attack, as opposed to just crossing the ball in. Good game none the less.
    -Cabrera and Yony were really lax in their play and it showed a few times when they Guyanese attackers were easily able to get behind them off good feeds from their mids, these two were the jack asses of the game IMO.
    -Enoc hung tight, still needs some NT play time but he had a solid game and played much better than Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum.
    -Jerez was solid. Guyana had two clear opportunites in the first minutes of the 2nd half and stopped both. Although he did miss one cross in late the game he still had a good overall game.
    -Gallardo did OK. Most of the attacks were generated from middle or out to J Lopez so the left side didnt really have to do much. You could've put anyone in his place and you'd get the same out of them.
    -Leon was OK as well. The Guyana attack was nothing compared to Paraguay. He had a decent game when you compare both teams. Still he did have some awful passes and at times didnt really help in the attack. I still think he sucks though.
    -Pando was bad. He's obviously out of shape and not playing well right now. We need a better all purpose mid QUICK. I as much as anyone else am a fan of his, but right now we need someone who's going to play balls out, and I dont see that from him.
    -Loco did as he was told. He was running up and down the wing attacking and playing defense. His defense was a bit rusty, but if he listens to the coach and keeps playing full speed he's definitely going to help us out in those tough 2nd halfs in the next round.
    -Motta didnt do much to impress me. Alot of running around and not much to show for it. Should've kept Minor or Lopez in

24. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well put Dre, hopefully as Wilfred Velasquez recovers from his surgery, he should fill in the spot of Leon. But I think we should also give a chance to some other midfielders as Jean Marquez, or Tulio Ciani. As we can see Leon is Almeida's favorite son :rolleyes:

25. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I'm in shock that Jean Marquez hasn't been called up since he was on the U-23 squad and heart of our starters are directly from that squad. And I think he usually plays the right side, so he'd be the sub for Leon. Hell even if we got Noriega back and kept him on the right with Enoc it'd be a good defensive/offensive combination than having Leon out there.

I dont know much about Tulio Ciani, but I can't stress enough of our need for a multi-talented mid fielder.

Granted we have Pappa, but Almeida wants him to be more of an attacker. We just need someone else in our mid that can drop back in defense, and be a ball distributor as well.