[International Friendly] Korea vs Colombia 2017/11/10 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Nov 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Great result that has unfortunately been overshadowed by Cardona's despicable act. Racism against Asians is always swept under the carpet and laughed off, so expect the spineless cronies at FIFA to give him a grandiose 1 match ban.

2. The Hyphen

The Hyphen Member+

Jun 29, 2014
    The guy needs to be made an example. 5 match ban (word it as 1 year ban) minimum

The federations complicity has been a function of the overall tolerance. They need to throw the book at him if it's to stick.

3. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Well 5 months ago in the world cup u-20 federico Valverde

upload_2017-11-11_12-42-45.png

He only received a letter of fifa. Bad call imho

4. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It wasn't when it was just a discussion about the match, including Cardona. It became relevant when some of posters here started to attack Colombians and Latin Americans as a whole and accusing us of being irremediable racists. That's when it became relevant. It's the kettle calling the pot black... And the further irony is that some (probably even most, idk) lump us all, over 20 countries, together.

Yes, Cardona is at fault. Not all Colombians... Of course it doesn't negate it. But racist responses makes you hypocrites at best.

I agree. And so do all Colombians who have commented on this. We also hope that he gets sanctioned.

5. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Actually that @10August2012 have had the most offensive posts towards Colombia

6. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It only became a point when... It's in my previous post.
    As for the rest of these, I agree with you on most of your points. Particuarly about the non-apology apology. I cringed when I first heard it.

Korvinus and pepinointer repped this.
  7. BlueDamian

BlueDamian Member+

Jun 7, 2005
    In the shade
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ironic, ain't

pepinointer repped this.
  8. Bomb8

Bomb8 Member+

Jun 19, 2017
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    #308 Bomb8, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    The level of hypocricy goes through the roof on this Korean forum. First you complain that people are racist against Asians. Then you take racism beyond comprehension. Now you are even making fun of handicapped people. What are you, cavemen? (Sorry cavemen, don't take this personally.) This type of stuff makes your jaw drop!

Penguinpeanut, Korvinus and pepinointer repped this.
  9. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    So will the Colombian FA or player issue any sort of sincere apology or disciplinary action?

10. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

You still did not state what is the response you are looking for. private message to me and I will post it for you.

If you don't and still persist on posting aimless replies then you are just trolling...My best regards, back at ya!

11. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The player apologized one time. Don't think he will improve it the apologize as you want.

Colombian FA will respect fifa decision but I haven't noticed about disciplinary actions from the federation

12. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    ofcourse not but at the same time I don't think he is a racist either, just the spur of the moment thing.

13. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    It was super racist

14. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    "Sorry, but that wasn't racist"

I don't think you can improve much on that.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    be precise, are you talking about the person or the gesture?

16. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    #316 12th Player, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    I see nothing that I would consider trolling from any Colombian posters. But I see several angry posts from BSKers that may not be trolling but go over the top in a way that even I find completely offensive. There really is just one actual troll here, and I don't need to point out who that would be.

ETA: I completely understand the anger. We have the right to be pissed off, given the history and the continuing occurrence of these kinds of racist acts and the muted response they receive. But I also think we are all smart enough to focus on what ultimately matters: not allowing these kinds of acts to make us take away ANYONE's humanity, individually and collectively. That is not in our or anyone's interest.

17. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    time to close this thread

18. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    hes right. next time someone makes a squinty eyed gesture, lets be careful not to offend people who come in here accusing us of racism

19. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    No one besides Cardona was accused of racism until people started making racist remarks.

pepinointer and Seol Korea repped this.
  20. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    If a korean player made a racist gesture and issued a non apology, I wonder how the Colombian board would react?

21. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    This is so hilarious. You are a quintessential social justice warrior. Let's not demonize Nazis either. No need to dehumanize a red-blood flowing human beings. right? They did not want to kill Jews, they just wanted to live among themselves without foreigners, right? Let's all sing Gumbaya. People of the world are One.

Koreans got increasingly upset as the coach came to defend him and then well known Colombian media figures all popped up to underhandedly defend and praise him.
    They are essentially saying making fun of gooks is nothing to fuss about and you slavishly agree with them.

22. ConcernedK

ConcernedK Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Busan I Park
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    @Fector
    You're such a cuck. Get over it, as someone here said its like arguing to a chimpanzee. We dominated the match while they acted like pansy losers. There was a certain distinction in class and skill in that match.

23. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    Let's not the forget the main point here. Latin cultures have a racism problem. Call me a racist I don't care. They are outrageously racist against asians for some reason as we have seen over and over again and over again. If they're not even willing to apologize, then I don't see the point in walking the high ground

GoonerDoz and Fector repped this.
  24. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    This is pretty simple:

1. FIFA - if they don't come down hard on Cardona, they've exposed themselves to be hypocrites that tolerate certain types of racism.

2. Cardona - with his insincere apology, he's compounded his mistake. He's clearly not smart. Just another stupid person who found himself with money through football.

3. Colombian FA - they're trying to protect their player by condoning and/or drafting this insincere apology. If they don't issue an actual sincere apology, condemn Cardona, suspend him, etc., then whatever Colombians on social media, TV, internet claim about racism and their culture, it's moot. Their country's official stance is they're ok condoning and/or downplaying racism against Asians.

GoonerDoz, 12th Player and doraemon repped this.
  25. Fector

Fector Red Card

Jeonbuk FC
    Timor-Leste
    Jun 6, 2017
    I am old enough to remember a former Daily News editor or something who yelled ,at a fellow Korean female staff member, "Yellow cur" when she accused him of something he felt unjustified. He probably does not consider himself a racist since as a NY liberal he certainly worships Blacks, the most important sacred cow among the liberals, and gays, feminists etc. In other words he defers to all the right people that liberals should defend.

On the other hand, Asians, even Asian women( whose status is mightily higher than Asian men in the eyes of most Americans) are fair game. As long as an Asian is utmost cordial and does nothing bad against him, he is so incredibly generous as not to use racial slurs except for a few nasty jokes after a drink or two. But even at the slightest provocation he lashes out and he thinks it is OK.

Latin Americans are probably similar. They think of Koreans as essentially a lower class race and inferiors but Koreans have higher living standards and the world recognition and all that. They think this is deeply unfair.
    They will be civil as long as Koreans behave but even at the slightest provocation they will lash out and they think it is OK.

Most Koreans are like 12th player. "As long as we are extra careful they won't hurt us." But i am not one of them. I will not desist until the total destruction of racist rats is accomplished.

GoonerDoz repped this.