Inter Milan v Schalke 04 CL QF L1

Discussion in 'Champions League' started by Kampfschwein, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    2-2 at halftime. Very entertaining game.

Schalke as the clear underdog in this game would be very happy were that the final score.

Pity Farfan picked up another yellow card and will be missing the second leg game. :(

Go Schalke! Hold the German colours high!

2. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Whoopie! Schalke 3 - Inter 2.

Raaaaauuuuul!!!

3. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    And another goal for Schalke!

Gifted by Inter.

4-2. If it stays that way, it's gonna be very very hard for Inter in the second leg.

4. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    5-2

Good Night Ireen!

5. JSS85

JSS85 Member

Sep 18, 2009
  6. lost

lost Member

May 24, 2006
    England
    v upset about what is happenning to spurs as we speak, but almst cheered up by the complete humiliation that leonardo is continuing to bring upon the city of milan. how a coach of zero pedigree has managed these two behemoths of football is mind boggling, and both times its been a disaster.

7. guelch27

guelch27 Member

Apr 7, 2008
    Bremerton
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That was beautiful. I'm not really a Schalke fan, but I love watching Inter get decimated.

8. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I wonder whether this will sway Neuer towards staying with Schalke.

9. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think the only thing that could make that happen is them winning the CL... Or Bayern ending up 4th.

I'd be happy with either, tbh :-D

10. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Why doesn't it surprise me that a Hannover fan is rooting for the latter? :p

I tend to agree that a Bayern transfer remains very likely. Perhaps, they should in turn take Kraft?

Personally I think selling Neuer makes good sense for Schalke. Those debts need to be reduced, after all... But then, I'm not 100% pragmatic and that little voice that defies financial reason keeps nagging at me as well.

11. 96Squig

96Squig Member

Feb 4, 2004
    Hanover
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Soft spot for Mainz [/Pessimism ;-)]

Kraft is an average BL keeper at best imo. I think they can do better than him, so he'd only be good for the short run.
    But then also maybe he'll get better with experience (look at Enke's career).
    Same here.

12. Cirdan

Cirdan Member

Sep 12, 2007
    Jena (Germany)
    Well, with a CL semi and a DFB cup final I don't think the situation is that pressing anymore. Certainly not if they win the cup. Schalke obviously has to find a balance between investing into the team (and keeping Neuer is something of an investment) and ensuring that not meeting the expectations on the pitch will immediately lead to a financial collaps, but they'll make a ton of money from this season, that should be enough to mitigate a lot of the problems.

13. JSS85

JSS85 Member

Sep 18, 2009
    thing just is that Neuers contract ends in 2012 and supposedly he informed the management already that he is not going to sign a new one .. so that's the last year they can get cash for Neuer and with Scheisses money situation they just cannot give him away for free next year

14. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Yeah. And given that Neuer has at least in public ruled out a transfer outside of Germany, we're looking at Bayern...

Do we really have to stoop to infantile name-calling? Come on, no need for that and it just makes you look bad.

15. Kampfschwein

Kampfschwein Member

Jan 3, 2011
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    LOL.

I think we're all incredulous at 96 sorta defying gravity.

I gotta confess I'm a coefficient-monger with my sights on the Bundesliga surpassing La Liga. So whilst I'm generally no friend of Bayern, I do want them take 3rd place and hold up Germany's colours in the CL.

Besides, Hannover and a refashioned Mainz in the EL make for more natural fits. Though there again, I wouldn't mind the HSV being part of the mix.