Inter-forum off-season challenge request

Discussion in 'Hattrick' started by Escafeld, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Escafeld

Escafeld New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Sheffield, England
    Hello folks

I'm here to request/offer/suggest an off-season inter-forum challenge between BigSoccer & the forum in which I participate.

We have had these off-season challenges in the past with other federations & forums & they have been well received. Plus they add a little bit of spice to the off-season.

I would suggest a series of one off games played in the final week of the off-season so that those teams involved in qualifiers can take part if they wish. Games would be split 50/50 home & away

How does this sound? If your forum accepts our challenge we can then further discuss the format. Cheers. :)

2. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I won't be able to compete most likely, I'll be in the KC Metro Fed cup probably, and if I happen to not be in that I'll likely take part in the US challenge.

3. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I'm in even though my team might not be the best representative.

4. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I'll join in as well....what are the caliber of teams in your forum Escafeld?

5. Escafeld

Escafeld New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Sheffield, England
    It's quite a broad church really. We've got plenty of established experienced users that include current & ex national coaches, national champions & national cup winners. We've also got plenty of newer users either just embarking on their HT careers or a couple of seasons into it.

This our fed page at alltid. FFHF. Though many of our forum members don't have supporter so aren't included in the fed stats but it gives you an indication of how our better teams are performing.

If our previous challenges are anything to go by we'll be able to get around 40-50 clubs agreeing to take part. Some good, some average, some not so good. We fill available slots on a first come first served basis regardless of how good or not the team is.

6. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What he said about the end of season US v whoever challenge. I haven't missed one since I started HT 2 years ago.

7. Escafeld

Escafeld New Member

Nov 19, 2005
    Sheffield, England
    Any more of you guys interested or do most of you have prior commitments?

8. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I'm in but when are you planning on holding this?

9. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think USA vs England is going to be the off season challenge.

10. Kermmy803

Kermmy803 Member

Jul 10, 2002
    Denton County, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes it is. Time for another Tea Party.

11. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005

What is this challenge?

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Every season the US and many other countries in HT set up friendly challenges at the end of the season, there's a thread on this years in the USA conference on HT. Basically you sign up on a website that'll be link in the thread, and it'll rank you based on your league standing, then you'll be paired against a guy in England with a similar standing in England.

That help?

13. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    Yep, thanks very much.