Info on playing for US...[Rs]

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Jamil, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Jamil

Jamil New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Re: Info on playing for US...

Thanks...

I actually played Pearce back in May, but never got a chance to talk to him. I've got some good friends playin for their side, so I'll get 'em to hook us up.

2. Palermo10

Palermo10 Member

Apr 7, 2005
    San Diego
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jamil, screw Denmark, come play in MLS.

3. Osnator

Osnator Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Osnabrück, Germany

I had an infamous Kraut incident by myself, including to much alcohol, to much Krautsalat and unfortunately a very nice young lady as well.

But I don`t know about the infamous yanks-abroad Kraut incident. Please enlighten me!

4. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA

I know it. The two goals is tongue on the cheek. Also the smily. :p

5. Shaster

Shaster Member+

Apr 13, 1999
    El Cerrito, CA, USA

Bad advise. If Jamil can get certain amount of playing time, he should stay there. Much better training there.

6. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL

Jamil! Play for USA!!! We are going to be great in the future and hopefully you will be a part of that. We finished 2nd at the Milk Cup (U-20's) without our full strength squad and we have dynamic young players such as Freddy Adu, Josmer Altidore, Dax McCarty, Danny Szetela, Benny Feilhaber, Johann Smith, Heath Pearce, and many others in MLS and abroad. We're building a strong, young national team set-up and I hope that you are able to contact the right people to explore your interest in joining it.

Good Luck with your season at Copenhagen!

- USvsIreland

7. fusion101

fusion101 Member

Jan 11, 2002

Jamil my brother good luck in whatever happens. I hope to one day see you suit up in a US kit and represent us; especially since you really want to. Keep us informed on what happens and take care.

8. sidefootsitter

sidefootsitter Member+

Oct 14, 2004

Can there be such a thing as too much alcohol and too little Krautsalat?

Others touched on this briefly. A veteran Regional Liga player Grover Gibson decided to do the "Ask the Kraut" bit on these boards and it got very ugly very fast.

IIRC, it was in the summer (German off-season) in 2,004. I assume the thread is still around.

9. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It's known that many people that work for the USSF frequent these boards. It's likely one of them have seen this very post.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

i would've said that your best bet would be to move into bruce's basement for a bit, but I guess that ship has sailed.

good luck, jamil!

:)

11. asdf2

asdf2 Member+

Oct 11, 2004
    San Francisco

Jamil, two things:

1) good luck to you.
    2) please kick that Pimpong dude at practice for flopping against the aforementioned "Gooch" and thus getting a PK and costing us a possible trip to round 2 of the 2006 World Cup.

12. SoCalian

SoCalian New Member

May 17, 2003
    San Diego, CA

good luck to you, I hope you make it.

13. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999

Jamil,

You got plenty of good advice here... I just sent you a PM with a bit more. Good luck!

14. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

http://www.yanks-abroad.com/content.php?mode=news&id=002051

Great article by YA after Jamil posed his questions here. Most of Jamil's thoughts were expressed hear on these threads but no there's no doubt that YA.com will help him out. I'd be willing to bet over the last few days Jamil has been in contract with USSF in some capacity. I like that the kid has some ambtion and drive and I really hope he succeeds in his dream. He sounds very focused and has really embraced him American heritage. We all need to keep an eye on him this season.

15. USvsIRELAND

USvsIRELAND Member+

Jul 19, 2004
    ATL

Great article is right! Well done Yanksabroad.com!

I really applaud this article.

16. Parmigiano

Parmigiano Member

Jun 20, 2003

Kudos for that one, bluedaddy.

This is an awesome story. Great to see BS involved in this stuff, chasing players with dreams (theirs and ours) of the national team. Though, Jamil went to BS on this one, it is true, still this story brings back a shiver of the Torino days for me (were it always so easy to reel in a lost Yank abroad!).

I just hope the kid is actually up to pulling off what he wants to achieve. It would mean he's a damn fine player, because it won't be easy to make the US Olympic team. Nobody knows much about him as a player. But on paper, he looks about as good a bet as many of our top prospects his age, given his pedigree and stature.

Well done, Jamil!

Now go get some playing time at your club...

17. DaMa

DaMa Member

Jun 17, 2002
    New York

A helpful bit 'o advice for you if you continue to read these boards.... develop thick skin early. Criticism on public boards like these can be very harsh. Even the kindest poster here can give a young kid a harsh rating or review without thinking they will ever see it or how it will affect them. Know that the vast majority of us are pulling for your success as it can only help our team down the line. Work your butt off and hopefully we will be writing about you in the US Men News and Analysis soon :)

Good luck.

18. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jamil,

For your sanity ... never go to "US Men News and Analysis". Ever.

Best of luck and say hello to Joe Zewe, Robbie Russell and Heath for us.

19. Osnator

Osnator Member

Dec 3, 2005
    Osnabrück, Germany

I believe that "nectar and ambrosia" in ancient greece actually was "Beer and Krautsalat". Truly divine food.

Thank you for the answer. Gonna look if I can dig that thread up.

20. Scotty

Scotty Member+

Dec 15, 1999
    Toscana

Has anyone seen Fearrington's height and weight statistics?

21. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC

Jamil - Never trust anyone who presents themselves as more sane than the rest of the inmates - you can trust me, I'm not like the rest of these wackos.

But seriously, for some reason we have trouble with depth at outside back, so your chances might be better there. Good luck to you!

22. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Also, don't talk ignorant shit about MLS. That has a history of getting Yanks Abroad chased. (See Gibson, Grover.)

23. Wahoo

Wahoo New Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Seattle, USA

Jamil,

Actually all you need to do is to tread carefully around the SuperMods, they are quick to anger ;) There are a lot of self righteous people on here who think they are right all the time --- and it really annoys those of us who are always right. == hehe, just kidding.

In all seriousness now...

The one thing that you can be sure of, the vast vast vast supermajority of us on here are interested in those of you who are giving it a go... Yes there are some here that will criticize, and sometimes it will be an attempt at constructive criticism, so yes you might need a tough skin at times becuase some will call you out if you have a bad game. However, if you keep it nice and polite, then you shouldn't have to worry (the mods will keep things nice and constructive) and if you ever do have a problem from posters, just bring it to the attention of one of the mods/supermods

Hopefully you'll be able to continue to post on here from time to time, I know I'd enjoy it.

24. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jamil sounds like a very well-spoken and educated kid.

He also sounds like the exact opposite of G. Rossi, which is refreshing. :)

Please keep posting updates here on your progress at Copenhagen, I find your story fascinating. Like your dad, Jamil, I am from Philadelphia. Do you like cheesesteaks? :D

25. Shaydee

Shaydee Member

Apr 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I posted on page 2.