Indy Name Poll

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by barroldinho, Feb 10, 2016.

?

Shouls Indy Eleven change their name to IPAFT?

Poll closed Feb 13, 2016.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. barroldinho

barroldinho Member+

Man Utd and LA Galaxy
    England
    Aug 13, 2007
    US/UK dual citizen in HB, CA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Should Indy Eleven change their name to IPAFT (Indianapolis Professional Association Football Team)?

2. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    No, that is a stupid name worse than Indy Eleven, already not a good name.

BTL97 repped this.
  3. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is this a genuine question? No, they should not.

I wasn't crazy about Indy Eleven as a name when it was first announced, and it still sometimes strikes me as a bit odd, but it's now an inextricable part of the team's history (and, if unusual, is still not stupid like, say the Kansas City Wiz was). There's no good reason to change it, and even less reason to change it to an acronym.

USAsports6 and The One X repped this.
  4. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've been thinking about a rebrand if/when we get into MLS. I would like a rebrand for sure. Yes, the Indy Eleven name and brand is a part of our history, but even as much as I love this team, I still cannot get behind the name and the "forced history" behind it. Also, our colors are really unoriginal (at least in MLS)

The One X repped this.
  5. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    If they go MLS I would like to see a color change. I'm not a fan of 11 as the name, but changing the name most likely means changing the logo and man do I like that logo. So just a color change would work for me.

6. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I can definitely understand that. I would like the logo to revamped more than anything. I feel like we screwed up by the Circle City not having a circular logo. Although, I feel like toying around with the logo could be playing with fire. We have one of the best in the US, and I feel like this would-be next one wouldn't be as great if they messed around with it.
    My vote for this potential new color scheme would be navy blue and gold. It's original enough, with only LAG using it in MLS. I think we can get away with it since we have the connection with the Pacers, as long as we never wear white jerseys. Checkers HAVE to stay though, regardless of what direction we go.

7. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The One X repped this.
  8. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    I do like how they did the checkers. it pays homage to our racing history without being in your face about it.

BTL97 repped this.