Indoor Soccer Hall Enshrines First Class Since 2014

Discussion in 'Pro Indoor Soccer' started by NSL2004, Apr 27, 2019.

1. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow. I did not realize it had been that long

2. NickWISoccer

NickWISoccer Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Club:
    --other--
    congrats to tozer who got the most votes. an absolute no brainer of a choice, as the Wave haven't won a title without him, or for that matter appeared in the finals,prior to this year. is there any indoor coach that has even 600 wins, besides Tozer?

3. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No.

Ron Newman and Kenny Cooper are second with 465 each, but Newman's total is in dispute. It's either 464 or 465, but well behind Tozer's 747.

NickWISoccer repped this.
  4. Sting111

Sting111 Member+

Jan 17, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Keith Tozer defines indoor soccer to me. A real class act. Glad to see Pato Margetic get some recognition for his contribution to the sport. After the Power won the indoor championship in 1991, the traveling Chicago fans were invited to the Dayton Ohio bar where the team was celebrating. Pato went out of his way to welcome us and introduce us to every Power player that was there. A real class guy! Pretty decent outdoor player with the Sting. One of my all-time favorites.

NickWISoccer repped this.
  5. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Meanwhile, these are literally the only indoor soccer things (besides some enshrinees who also played indoor) on display in the new National Soccer Hall of Fame in Frisco, Texas. 20190601_142512.jpg

20190601_145530.jpg

If Phil Salvagio does somehow get a new arena for the Sockers built, we need to include an actual indoor Hall of Fame.

NSL2004 repped this.
  6. Kit

Kit Member+

Aug 30, 1999
    Herkimer, NY, USA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There wasn't much more when the Hall of Fame was in Oneonta, NY although it did have a tiny indoor arena where kids could kick a ball around.

Scooge repped this.
  7. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am told someone recently donated some indoor stuff to the hall but they are short on room. I could see a place where an indoor soccer display would fit nicely but I don't run the hall.

We need our own. And probably just the people on this board could fill it with artifacts.