Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I can get wanting to offload Barkley but what happened to giving players a year to adjust to England?

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Both will be here next year.

3. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    True, but my point was people are too impatient. It took Drogba awhile to get used to the Prem.

4. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Not to mention we haven't exactly had a settled or set midfield in some time.. even Matic was decidedly average in it for the rest of the title win w/ Conte.

Similar to when everyone wanted us to sell off the entire team after the 10th place season then we went on to win the title.. sometimes players just aren't being used properly.

Biggest thing I'd like to see is RLC incorporated. I've become a believer and think he could be huge for us...

lobomojo, Ninjatend0 and JimWharton repped this.
  5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Matic hasn't exactly been great since his injury.

RLC is intriguing, but I haven't seen too much of him for England. I do think Bakyoko can come good as I've seen the ability in glimpses and he looked great near the end.

6. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Idk about grreat but he looked solid which is a vast improvement from earlier. It would def be a mistake to move him I think he will be much improved next year.

7. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Maybe he turns out to be Tom Cleverly or maybe he turns out to be Ballack. I'm leaning on the latter, but it's time to find out. He's exactly what we're looking for in a mid today.

Wrath repped this.
  8. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    interestingly, he's mentioned that a lot of time he was developing in the youth teams he was told to watch ballack as inspiration.

Blueallthru repped this.
  9. JimWharton

JimWharton Member+

Feb 25, 2017
    Totally agree that it’d be a shame not to give RLC his shot next year. Hate to add him to the list with Salah, Debruyne, etc.

lobomojo repped this.
  10. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Worse in this case...he's been with us for years.

11. PLand1534

PLand1534 Member

Jul 26, 2010
    Ohio
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Has anyone else seen the rags throwing around Donnarumma for Morata?

Now I'm not talking about probability or likelihood when it comes to the swap, what does everyone think of the potential of that move? Personally Donnarumma could solve our GK problem and then we could move Courtois and use the funds to replace Morata.

Again not sure I believe it but I like the idea behind the theory.

12. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Believe...no, like...yes.

We'd want to move Courtois first though to keep leverage with a return I would think.

13. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Martial put in a transfer request Mou love Willian.... make this happen

PLand1534 repped this.
  14. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pass. Morata is going to have a very good year next year and we could live with a solid GK and Morata instead of the swap and whoever we buy that's inflated then needs a year to adjust.

PLand1534 repped this.
  15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  16. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    interesting how Guus was talking about Hazard, as Belgian captain ,could no longer hide and had to step up and stop disappearing...

Line up with stones to toss at me but i'd still be fine for saying Adios Hazard if the $ is good with the caveat (but yea what are the odds of that eh) that we spend the $ wisely and let the gaffer to be have some input on who he wants

we really need also to rebuild a proper tough rather die on pitch than lose spine (Kante the one true keeper)

17. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Say what you will about Eden and his tendency to disappear but we can thank him for every success we've had in the last 3 years. What we need to do is stop leaning on him completely as we have been. Jose and Conte both used him as a crutch when their tactics stopped working. Not having a good midfield or a RW even half as good has caused us to put way too much pressure on a single player to carry the torch.

There is no replacing him and if we lose our 1 world class attacker then I don't know what to say. Might as well accept that we're no longer a would-be elite club and get ready for several years of Europa League. It would be a disastrous move imho.

Dr_Intoxicated and Blueallthru repped this.
  18. lobomojo

lobomojo Member+

Chelsea, Gillingham
    Jul 17, 2004
    Freedom
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Well every other year we can thank him;):D

You make some quite excellent points, and by no means am I blaming him, our issues, lack of quality and depth etc are bigger than his commitment, though personally I think Kante was the essential key in the last title, and we do rely too much on him to hide other issues, but I still get the impression he can be a bit negative and unsupportive of managers behind the scenes. If true he is issuing demands behind scenes and passing come hither looks to Spain I think we could become stronger and more team oriented if we use the money wisely, or even have, or commit to a good gaffer, but as I also said no evidence that is likely either:(

Blueallthru repped this.
  19. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Trev Chalobah closing in on loan to Ipswich.

Jonathan Panzo going to Monaco.

Harvey St. Clair joined Venezia

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  20. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Something manager-wise must be brewing as loan movement is becoming fast and furious.

Dujon Sterling to Coventry City
    Reece James to Wigan

21. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read something saying we're getting close. Only thing holding it up is compensation to Napoli or a deal saying we won't target their players. Also saw were targeting Juve's young Italian CB that Sarri worked with in the past.

22. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Rugani is the CB. Really talented.

23. truefan420

truefan420 Member+

May 30, 2010
    oakland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yup that's the guy and even if he is I'd pass. We have talented young CBs. Their not the problem. It's RW and a box to box that we need to be splashing the cash on.

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Completely agree. Between Rüdiger, Christensen, and Zouma we have young talented CB's.

25. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have a feeling Zouma doesn't come back. He'll get another loan deal and then be sold. Already see it.

Ninjatend0 repped this.