Increased Costa Living - The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Ninjatend0, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I doubt we'd pry Neymar and after Shevchenko I'm wary of signing other teams talismans.

As for the money, last season hurt us in transfers.

2. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    Sheva was a mistake because he was 30 and had two knee surgeries, the talisman part wasn't the problem. I'd take Neymar in a heartbeat, but I can't imagine Barca would sell him. Why would they? He's their future - Messi and Suarez are hitting the wrong side of 30.
    I think the Neymar story is nonsense, especially if we're about to pour half a billion into the new stadium. He'd cost a ludicrous amount.

Serengeti_Boy and Wrath repped this.
  3. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Altho I don't think it's happening, there is something to be said about buying someone as stupidly famous as Neymar. It would be like Pogba in terms of marketing potential, except he'd actually have a huge impact on the team. It would be insane tbh. We'd be all over every dumb commercial with Neymar doing rabonas and backflips on the back of the all of the newest most affordably financed vehicles.

4. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    It'd be a nice change from those annoying Pogba commercials that seem to chronicle his life story.

5. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Tons of Hazard to Madrid chatter all over the place.

6. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    And most of it from the Spanish side. Two years ago, it was PSG.

7. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    #382 Kazuma, Mar 27, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2017
    Should also add it was going on with Courtois too.

Other thing to keep in mind is Matt Law wrote the other day that Hazard's family is settled in* and we're offering an extension.

*:As the wise Hank Scorpio once said, sometimes it's the little things.

EDIT: And next year it'll be Barcelona or something.

8. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is it just me or rumors nowadays are just so easy to mark as bulls***? Not even worth discussing most of them.

Miguel Alvarez repped this.
  9. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I've been long convinced that the advent of social media was a good and bad thing to happen to journalism. Remember "done deals" on here?

10. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Ah, I miss Pete and his confidence in Twitter.

11. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The greatest thing about Twitter was it allowed me to keep up with sports in general or other news events.

But heaven forbid we have a slow news day.

12. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The usual rumors.. nothing new about Zidane/Madrid being keen on Eden.

This article seems to agree with the consensus here (aka he's going nowhere)

13. Crawleybus

Crawleybus Member+

Oct 18, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Its the way its done in Spain, its bloody disgusting really, they try to 'unsettle' any player they want, its one of the reasons why the two Spanish clubs are held in such contempt by so many. At the end of the day it is up to Conte if Hazard stays, Hazard has already said he is happy at Stamford Bridge and I believe Conte wants to build his team around him, why would he want to leave the Premier League for a two team league? Playing for Madrid is a bit like playing for the Harlem Globe Trotters.

14. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    International breaks tend to be the worst in terms of rumors.

Lots of stuff started by "teammates" and "sources." I think it was Rooney recently who said something to the effect of players never talk to the press about stuff like that. There's no trust and they would never say anything so all rumors are likely made up or just agent talk.

15. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    The problem is what Crawley just said, the way the Spanish media goes crazy trying to unsettle the kid. And in March for ********'s sake? Come on.

16. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  17. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    not sure why we are chasing all these players when we could just go get Pulisic......:D

18. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Isn't it pretty funny how Sheva was regarded as a failure mainly because of his 30 million pound price tag and these days we dropped more on our resident time wasting strategy (Michy), but that gets next to zero attention from anyone. Nutty.

19. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    that's not totally fair though with the market today. prices have probably doubled since then. not to mention Sheva would have been expected to hit the ground running with his experience and past and Michy was supposed to be a player for the future given Costa was undisputed starter. honestly, i still like Michy's style as a CF and think he could be good. but he may need a loan in the league, i'm really not sure why we haven't gone to him earlier in games we are winning as a sub. even if Conte doesn't rate him that much, he's the only other recognized CF on the team, Costa doesn't need to play 90 mins every game.

Blueallthru repped this.
  20. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    That was meant to be my point, shoulda elaborated loll.

Michy's situation still puzzles me. He had what seemed like a little run at the beginning of the season, then as soon as we went 3-4-3 all hope was lost for the kid. I'm a big fan of what I've seen + his attitude. Like you say, no reason Costa needs to be on the field for the full 90. Especially when he's not exactly on fire (aka the last month).

Ninjatend0 repped this.
  21. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    ah my bad. got it now. yes, it's crazy now the money involved across the board.

Yahtzee repped this.
  22. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    Stop talking shit about Sheva. :mad:

23. Ninjatend0

Ninjatend0 Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 10, 2007
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    okay, then i'll change the subject. Naby Keita. discuss.

24. Blueallthru

Blueallthru Member+

Chelsea
    United States
    May 15, 2012
    The Interwebz
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Likes Red Bull? Owns stock?

25. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Didnt he collapse earlier this month? I hope they find out what is the problem but until then (not to be a heartless pig) I would pass.