In the World Cup - Our starting lineup

Discussion in 'Honduras' started by 5 StArSoldier redded, Sep 18, 2009.

1. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Yes he will. STFU. He is the best player in our history for the NT. So take it up the arse. The two captains in Honduran WC history have been from Motagua, deal with it. :rolleyes:

2. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

and what he did is acceptable? isnt he like 33 years old shouldnt he know better?

lol so good he didnt make it to Europe.

3. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Valderrama did not make it in Europe. Pele never played in Europe. That is not benchmark for a legend. GTF over it.

1 person likes this.
  4. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol

I knew this was coming Amado is no ever neither Pele nor Valderramas skill level.

5. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    And the failure to understand does not suprise me. When it comes to Honduras, he is on the same level as Valderrama is for Colombia and Pele is for Brazil.

6. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Pibe and Pele went to the WC more then three times, were as for Amado couldn't do so like back in 2001. I can find the USA game(2001) vid and you can see how much he failed at sitters. Sure I can't basic one game for a full validation on a player but I think Amado has been long past his prime and is now riding on other players talents. At times Amado can be a decent player at midfield to have but when his horrible his horrible. He should of retired the NT at least after 2006 WCQs.

When WC comes and he fails against Chile or Spain.....we had that shit long time coming....

I would of preferred Henry Tomas get more playing time then Rueda constantly choosing Amado. Tomas is way more promising then Amado but whats done is done.

7. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Again you fail to get the point. I am not saying he was as good as Pele or el Pibe, but he is as good for Honduras as the other two were for their country.

We won't lose because of Amado, we will lose because they are better teams. Only one player on the NT has done what Amado has. That is Pavon. Dani has been a bench rider in the NT for a while now.

Hendry should not start, we would have two player who cannot pass the ball in the middle. Obviously tactics is not your strong suit.

Oh and you want to go back to 01,
    1. I clearly remember he had just come back from injury against the US when we lost to them in the hex that time. But Ok he was crap, along with the rest of the team.

2. In 01 he was the best player in biggest result in Honduras history since 82, Copa America.

3. Want to go further back? he was there when we beat Mexico for the first time in 98 in a WC qualifier.

4. Lets go even further back, he was there in Mar del Plata when we beat Brazil. (along with Pavon)

Now he is the best player the NT has ever had when it comes to results, not in talent, but in results and heart.
    Now lets move on, because obviously he will be the captain, and you are just going to have to deal with it.

8. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    all that experience for this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynn_yapc_-U"]YouTube- Amado Guevara y sus pendejadas[/ame]

9. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
  10. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    because Ramon is more talented. ;)
    I would do same if I was amado.

11. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    No because he is a prick, who will be in the bench come June 16th. ;)

12. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    lol

3-1.

13. safcfan

safcfan Member

Feb 28, 2003
    USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    imo- Amado WAS a great player for Honduras. He is horribly inconsistent. He disappears for entire games. The last 12 months he has not done enough for me to place him as an automatic starter on national team. He is a good player, but too inconsistent for me.

I personally like the idea of Hendry and Wilson in the middle. It would allow Mosky and Rambo to move forward more freely on the wings...as attacking, not defending, is there strengths. I think Wilson's distribution is quite good, though the last few weeks he has been poor.

I would be very satisfied with two ball-winners in the middle. Something like...

------------Noel-------------
    Jerry-Osman-Maynor-Emilio
    -----------Thomas------------
    -----------Palacios------------
    Alvarez-----------Leon--------
    ----Pavon---------Costly------

Though I know Rueda will go with Amado...not Hendry

1 person likes this.
  14. letsplayfootball

Feb 15, 2009
    Leeds
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ------------Noel-------------
    Jerry-Osman-Maynor-Emilio
    -----------Thomas------------
    -----------Palacios------------
    Alvarez-----------Leon--------
    ----Pavon---------Costly------ jerry?

15. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    no offense...but Hendry is Sh*t. he lacks passing, dribbling...and every in between.

the only thing he is really good at...is slide tackling...and not even that is 100%. Amado sets the pace of games like previously stated in these boards. and plus, Amado is wayyyyyyy better than Hendry. Hendry smh.

16. sabillonLA

sabillonLA New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    East Hollywood
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Hendry Thomas is a CDM. You realize he does not need to be a good passer or dribbler to be a defensive midfielder right?

He is not shit. He was the best player in the Honduran side in the Sub23. Wilson Palacios is our starter CDM so basically Hendry will see a lot of the bench.

17. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    You have not been following the thread. The argument is for starting Hendry over Amado. Which would be a downgrade for what we need at that position, IMO.

18. sabillonLA

sabillonLA New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    East Hollywood
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras

If you have two CDM (Hendry and Wilson) then that is too defensive. Amado and Hendry are two different type of players. One is superb at passing but sucks at tackling and the other one is the opposite. You play like this when you just want to park the bus. Or you can try and play with two CDM but with a CAM in front of them. Honduras is lacking a good CAM right now. Rambo and Ramon play much better as Wingers. Danilo Turcios is probably one of our best CAMs at the moment. But Rueda does not like that tactic anyways. He is for sure playing the 4-4-2.

19. sabillonLA

sabillonLA New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    East Hollywood
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Since Rueda plays 4-4-2, then I think we NEED to keep Amado.

Amado is too slow to play a typical CAM (behind the strikers). He was great in his prime but now you can see how tired he gets at end of tough games.

Playing a center mid is good for him. He doesn't need to run that much. He sucks at defending and you can see by the silly yellow cards he gets, but he does help at lot in controlling the midfield.

An example would be the 2nd Honduran goal against Mexico in SPS. Amado starts the play, passes it to Rambo, then to Sabillon which runs down the field to give the ball to Pavon and goal.

We have very few players with experience that can play in the center midfield role and that fit that Colombian style of soccer.

20. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Thats exactly what we are arguing. Catch up home slice.

21. sabillonLA

sabillonLA New Member

Apr 8, 2009
    East Hollywood
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Against Chile, knowing Rueda, I think we will see something like this..

--------Noel-----

Sabillon--Osman -- Maynor -- Izaguirre

Rambo--Wilson--Amado--Ramon

-----Costly---Suazo or Pavon---

Bench: Turcios, Escober, Boniek, Edgar

Against Spain, I hope Rueda goes like this

---------Noel-----

Boniek--Osman--Muma---Maynor

-------Wilson----Hendry

Edgar----Rambo---Ramon

----------- Suazo-------

22. Moises

Moises Member

Feb 8, 2007
    miami
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    ^^ Bonieck???? have you seen him at the classico? he was terrible.

Also the Azteca game as more of why he shouldn't play at all; I used to like him but seeing that his not progressing....no thanks.

23. jcvf90

jcvf90 Member

Dec 12, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    It also seems Sabillon has been discarded by Rueda.

I think he already made up his mind with Sergio Mendoza.

24. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    Oscar Boniek is going to be a sub, so its not like he's going to start even though he is the best attacking RightBack Honduras has right now.

Sergio Mendoza...ooohhh how the mighty have fallen. smh piss poor performances in the last 4 games under any jersey.

also Boniek will be our starting Rightback entering 2014 WCQ. theres no other player thats going to or can for that matter, contest him for the spot. He isn't sh*t either. In the Azteca he was good. defended better than Sabillon and actually pushed the emphasis of attack on that side while still getting back on defense. and don't forget he almost scored against Motagua...but they called a very bogus offsides which didn't exist whatsoever.

25. cookiefritas

cookiefritas Member

Jun 30, 2008
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    I like the second lineup.
    I think we need pace and dribbling out of our midfield. We don't play well with a possession game.

Maybe experiment and put Izaguirre in for Hendry.