In Game Sound

Discussion in 'KC Supporters Clubs' started by BenC1357, Aug 15, 2006.

1. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Ok. Does anyone know who is in charge of talking to the front office? Somebody better be picking up this responsibility. This needs to be fixed, yesterday.

2. Merlin172

Merlin172 Member

Mar 16, 2000
    Kansas City, Kansas
    ???

I know I'm not involved in the section, but I understood that it was you and Mike that were doing that job? What happened?

3. Unorthodox Yank

Feb 27, 2001
    Constant Flux
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I could have sworn that Jeff Bowers (PR dude) said that he ran sound. But I could very well be mistaken.

4. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Ask John...the answer should be interesting. But do it in private, it doesn't need to be aired out on BS.

5. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    If there is a hierarchy of who is supposed to contact the front office, we need to know who that is. Hello? Bueller?

6. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    boooooooooooooooo! this is what bigsoccer is all about

7. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    It's not me. Unless something changed in the last week I think it's Mike. But John seems dead set on taking everything over himself, so I would expect in due time John will be the one doing this as well. I realize that it's frustrating. Hell, if it were still me I would have had an email to them by Thursday morning and a response that afternoon. But apparently my "services" were no longer needed. Again, sorry.

8. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is not only snide and uncalled for, but untrue.

Ben, you were the one who decided to pass off your responsibilities.

"I've turned all communication with Todd Parker over to Mike from this point forward. I sent an email to Todd and copied Mike. Mike will now be responsible for making sure that the team has the names of the banner holders one day before a game and for getting the POTM names to him.

If issues arise during the game, which is why we're all here (right???), I will not represent this group to Curt, Todd, Howie, etc. I will send them to John or Mike from this point forward. I'll talk to Curt about this in person on Sunday."

You chose to hand over responsibilities because some people were pissed off about your comments to Sara and other actions, and got together to discuss it. Why you got pissed off is your business, but your accusations aren't. You leveled a baseless accusation - to a select few, sending an edited e-mail later to others - that Mike, George, George, Chris and I were trying to force you out of your leadership role in the Cauldron. This couldn't be further from the truth. But hey, why let truth get in the way of a good fit of anger.

In your later e-mails, you mentioned that you had stopped coming to the games because of your love for soccer. "I went to the very first Wizards game because I loved soccer. I continued to go for years because I loved soccer. I met Spoon and joined the Mystics because I loved soccer and so did the people around me. I did almost everything I did because I loved soccer and the section grew on me. Then, at some point about 3 years ago, I started going to the game for the drinking and the section and not for the soccer. I'm going to the games because I love soccer again."

If this is really your motive for handing over some of your responsibilities, then I applaud that.

Now, you could have been mature about it and said something to all of BigSoccer immediately after this happened. But you're choosing another route. Reeks of high school to me.

Lest anyone question my motives, I love the team and soccer just as much as you, Ben. I'm also interested in growing the section. Some of your behavior was running people off from the section so we wanted to confront you about that. We hardly wanted to run you off.

9. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    You called people together without my knowledge to discuss things about me that pisses some people off with the intent of pushing me out of (at least some) involvement with the group. You could have simply walked up to me at a game and told me those things. Instead you guys took time out of a Saturday to meet and discuss me. And you're saying I'm acting like high school???

You keep bringing up the Sara thing like I insulted your dead grandmother or something. Give it a rest. I appologized to her, she said no hard feelings. If she said that and didn't mean it, I can't help that, but she told me that there were no hard feelings and I said I shouldn't have said what I did. Have you taken the time to figure that out??? I would bet not.

I simply said that I'm no longer the contact, you seem to be the one in charge or taking charge, so they need to talk to you. I'm not making that up. More than a few people have said your intent seemed to be to push me from having anything to do with leading the group and you want to lead it. So you got your wish, now shut up about it. But thanks for posting private emails I sent to you, that's really appreciated...

I didn't post my email to you guys on BS because I didn't feel anyone else needed to read it, or be reading this. But after you drug me through the coals once in front of some people, I won't read this crap and let you continue to make me look bad.

10. Roush

Roush Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, I called people together without my knowledge to discuss things about me that pisses some people off with the intent of figuring out just how pissed off those people were and figuring out what had to be done to get them un-pissed. As I (and others) have told you repeatedly, we're not trying to force you out. We're trying to bring more people into the section.

Well, I'd gladly take that bet, because I'd win. I know that you apologized to Sara. I was unaware that she had accepted the apology, but that's immaterial.

I'm not bringing this up for any other reason than as a historical comment. Since you're choosing to focus on it,

You keep bringing up this "more than a few people"... There were five people there, besides me. If your anonymous person was not among those five people, you're full of shit. I don't want to lead this group. I don't have the time nor the interest. If I was interested in leading this group, I would have stepped up long ago. I'm not. Hell, I'm not even interested in doing the chant leader gig, but I was asked to do that. I love this team and our section too much to step down.

Also appreciated was sending edited e-mails to other folks not directly involved in the discussion.

Who initiated this conversation?

Oh yeah... You did. Despite saying that you wouldn't take it into the public forum.

The professional, mature thing to do in response to Chad's question would have been to say that you have stepped down. But you chose to post what you posted. I probably could have taken this up in a private forum.

Oh... I did. I tried to call you after seeing this, I've tried to get you to sit down with me over a beer so that we can hash this out. You continued to respond in the public forum with inaccurate information, so I'm going to respond in kind in defense. You can choose to continue this here or you can choose to have a beer with me and get things settled in private.

Either way, it's your decision to make, as you were the one who initiated this discussion.

11. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    grrr
    Watching on TV, I felt ashamed.

Seriously. I grew up in Kansas City, and while there are a lot of "redneck" types, it's not a "redneck town" - and certainly not a "southern" one.

We have enough trouble thinking the team plays in Kansas, what the hell "Alabama" has to do with it, I'll never know.

And as loud as it was played and for as long as it was played - WHILE THE ********ING GAME WAS GOING ON - was a total embarrassment.

Seriously, I generally let the crap about the music and sound effects at Arrowhead roll off my back, but I was truly ashamed watching while that was playing.

I mean, what the ********? At this point the team has put on something over 150 games at Arrowhead Stadium and they still don't get it?

How ********ing hard is "don't play any music while the ball is in play" to understand?

It's bad enough when they play "jock jams" like Pump Up the Jam or other things that suggest cheering and getting energized.

But Classic ********ing Southern Rock????!!!!!???? - In the 80th minute?

******** me.

If this shit shows up at the new stadium, I may just hand in my Mystics membership card and get off the bus.

12. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My guess for the stupid Sweet Home Alabama being played was for the guy that had run the screen and video board for the Wizards for 11 years was retiring becasue the entire time it was on the camera was on him.

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Good riddance

14. szazzy

szazzy Member

Apr 18, 2004
    Kansas City, MO
    Ok that's all nice. Now if Ben's now not communicating with the FO, tell me who is so I can have them complain in my stead.

15. PezJunkie

PezJunkie Member

Apr 30, 2001
    Independence, MO
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ben: "It's not me. Unless something changed in the last week I think it's Mike"

(That would be Mike Kuhn...)

16. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would guess it's me then I was expecting something to inform directly of that, but I guess not. But whatever, I'm not getting back into that discussion.

I'll send a note about the GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO thing on the PA, the Sweet Home Alabama thing, as I mentioned before was likely a one time thing for the guy that is retiring now since the video board was on him the entire time.

17. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    bump to get the thread back on topic. More or less.

18. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jeff,

Just got an email back from Curt. He said, as I said, that the Sweet Home Alabama was for the guy that had worked game day at Arrowhead for 11 years and was retiring then. So that shouldn't happen again until someone else retires....

He's also gonna look into the GOOOOOOOOOO thing for me as well.

19. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank Goodness

20. BenC1357

BenC1357 Member

Feb 23, 2001
    KC
    Good luck with that one Mike. Last time this happened, at the start of this thread, they even talked about it in a meeting after the game. We see where that got us. :rolleyes:
    I think we just need to be patient. It sucks, I know, but once the new owners have a chance to hear what some of the opinions are then results might start shaping up better.

21. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't you mean "thank goooooooooooooodness?"

22. jade1mls

jade1mls Member

Jul 9, 2006
    Seattle
    Does anyone have a recording of the "Gooooooooooooooooooo" sound? I have never heard it as I've not caught any KC matches where it was audible but I am fascinated.

Does anyone have a clip around maybe on youtube or something with this sound in it? it sounds freaky so i wanna hear it.

23. kcscsupporter

kcscsupporter Member+

Apr 17, 2002
    D17
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    waitress: "careful... this plate is hot."

patron: "ouch"

waitress: "didn't i just tell you that it was hot?"

patron: "but i wanted to know for myself."

just take our word for it, jade. you don't want to hear it.

24. Buzz Killington

Buzz Killington Member+

Oct 6, 2002
    Lee's Summit
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree, just be patient, and who knows we may even see a few changes on the 9th since it will be the new ownes frist home game in charge.

25. the_cyclones

the_cyclones New Member

Jul 26, 2004
    The Cauldron
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's mostly played in the alley wasys....