In and Out

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If / when Acosta is in form he's much better than our other mids. It's apparent that both he and the coaches felt he couldn't do that here. Unsaid is the off the field rumors. I have no idea what happened there but I'm guessing he wants to move away from here because of it. This may be more of a young kid needing to move for personal more than professional reasons. I hope he recovers and becomes even better. He was always a good to great player for us and wish him well.

El Chico Carmona repped this.
  2. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. GuapoZX

GuapoZX New Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Dallas, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    There were three articles about him posted yesterday, and they've made some noise on Twitter about it:

https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2018/07/31/fc-dallas-signs-defender-moises-hernandez

https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2018/...hernandez-returns-home-new-contract-fc-dallas

https://www.fcdallas.com/post/2018/...signs-defender-moises-hernandez?autoplay=true

4. Cowtown Felipe

Cowtown Felipe Member+

Mar 12, 2012
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I looked under Latest News (still nothing about Moises there at 12:42 8/1/18) instead of Press Releases (oh, there it is). Stupid me.

5. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, how dare you bring logic into this?!?

6. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Abel Aguilar is training with the team already, seems like he hasn't been officially announced though.

Dallas have a top DM now although its true that he's dropped in form a lot recently

7. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Interesting development as we're pretty deep in midfield but I'm always up for some extra experience in the team.

8. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    May be better than just experience. Just played a game for Colombia in recent world cup. That's better than any other CM we have although age is becoming a factor.

9. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Doogs repped this.
  10. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    for some reason there is no official announcement from Dallas bizarre. Aguilar was one of the leaders for Colombia, a key part of Colombia's tactical set up for many years. He's a very technical defensive midfielder, good at winning the ball back cleanly while holding possession of the ball.

although it is true he is getting on now with age and his form I think will be up and down. But should still be pretty good in MLS

11. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
  12. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I guess Servania will have to wait until 2019 to get his chance here now. This pushes Hayes further down the pecking order too which I don't like but I do like the added competition and experience to the midfield.

Gonzalez
    Maurer/Zobeck

Cannon - Hedges - Ziegler - Marquinhos
    Hollingshead - Reaves - Moises - Figueroa

Gruezo - Ulloa
    Hayes - Aguilar

Barrios - Aranguiz - Mosquera
    Lamah - Pomykal - Akindele

Urruti
    Badji/Colman

Plus Cano, Roberts, Ferreira, Twumasi, and Reynolds. That's 29/30 roster spots filled and they could always recall Servania and Atuahene at any point if they desire.

13. Doogs

Doogs Member+

Dec 11, 2010
    Miami
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    been meaning to ask about Mosquera, I haven't seen him play or seen him feature on the bench in the past 2 games I think.

where's he at? I think Ulloa is a very interesting player, won't be easy to displace him.

14. TheZo

TheZo Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    He re-injured his hamstring a few weeks ago and hasn’t played since. Hopefully he’ll return soon. He’s quickly becoming a favorite of mine.

15. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Injured his hammy a few times this season. He's recovered now but Pareja is a little weary about playing him hard.

16. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    33 year old midfielder, out of contract. interesting signing, but what does the rest of the world know we don't? seems odd Frisco was a destination for a guy with this pedigree, especially considering the number of players already in that position. Maybe this will be more JdG and less Luccin.

17. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm now thinking he is an Acosta replacement and that Pareja doesn't feel Hayes is good enough (he may be but last game he was just bad) and Servania is getting the Cannon treatment from last year (and why isn't Pomykal?). I think Pareja likes having three front line central midfield starters so he can mix, match and rotate to keep teams guessing and his players rested. I think next year Gruezo may move on and Servania may make a big push.

18. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My own sense of the Aguilar signing is that he's the annual midseason signing of a guy on whom Pareja/Clavijo take a low-cost/low-risk flier, who basically provides a little added depth off the bench, but not really much else, and is gone in the offseason.

Bosanski Bomber and burning247 repped this.
  19. Quaker

Quaker Member+

FC Dallas
    Apr 19, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is a really interesting signing. Yes, he's on the decline, and he may be injury prone. But he probably still has enough in the tank to contribute significantly. Keep in mind, he started for Colombia in the World Cup two months ago. So Pekerman thought he could play significant minutes at a high level.

I'd be surprised if a guy of his caliber doesn't start. I wonder if Aguilar is going to take the place of Ulloa? He even wore the number 8 for Colombia.

20. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    I'm fairly certain that Aguilar's stay in Frisco will not outlast Gruezo's. For the reasons that @ElJefe pretty much already stated.