In and Out

Discussion in 'FC Dallas' started by Pegasus, Nov 27, 2017.

1. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Tottenham Hotspur, Crystal Palace, FC Dallas
    Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    That Diaz rumor is very interesting. I can't believe they want to turn the roster completely over while they're in 2nd place but after last year's catastrophe it's probably better to sell and bring in some of the BM guys than futz around, piss off players, miss their big sell paydays, and crater anyway.

Tillman and Pax as a combo seems intriguing. Has anyone heard a rumor about Barrios? His terrible form may push a deal if Dallas thinks the Ghanaians are ready.

2. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    After listening to Clavijo's comments, I wonder if they found another player and were just ready to pull the trigger. Diaz, while highly skilled, just hasn't been the same since his injury. Add in his reclusive demeanor and the whole situation just always felt "off." If we can bring in someone who will give this a little more heart and hit the ground running, could prove a good gamble.

3. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wouldn't word it as heart. Diaz is just a small frail unicorn. I once saw him in the stands the first year he was here (can't remember why he wasn't playing). I thought he looked familiar and thought he must have been a kid who played against my 16 year old son. Then I figured out who he was. He was always playing in a body that would have trouble standing up the the physical MLS. Ferreira had some of the same trouble (and Barrios) but they are thicker.

4. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Technically not an In and Out, but thought you guys should see this:

This is an independant academy, similar to Right to Dream Academy (Ghana). They are regular invitees to youth tournaments in Spain, where they have held their own against La Liga teams. They have a solid international reputation.
    This is the FCD Academy, making a serious attempt to be a true international academy.

5. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Linked with Figueirense LB Marcos Pedroso and Cyle Larin today. Pedroso would obviously replace Ned and Larin would allow us to play 4-4-2 in Diaz's eventual departure. Larin coming here would probably also spell the end of Colman who I think the club is pretty close to giving up on at this point.

These rumors are coming from abroad so there may be some real interest here but better to wait for some more concrete info before drawing any conclusions.

6. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    Obviously, I am relieved the Diaz chapter is coming to a close. As someone who's been very public on the opinion of the club moving on after his injury, I have to admit this is a touch surprising, but also answers a lot of questions I'd been asking myself internally and externally for the last few weeks. I couldn't quite figure out who this new Diaz was: seemingly non-plussed by his benching a few weeks ago, he was almost Colmán like in his attitude. He did return and pop out a few ok performances and a few assists, but he also was being hidden way out on the left side of the field.

Mauro was an interesting kid with magic feet. He also was a very tough player to manage, arrived here feeling discarded by River, a mysterious hip injury and simply wasn't a guy who could/would fully work within Pareja's parameters. When he was a MVP level player it was worth putting up with, but after the injury he became more of a burden. I don't know this for a fact, but I'm pretty sure they spent the better part of last offseason trying to move him and couldn't find the right offer. There is a whole side story about the final resolution being a team from UAE, and Diaz's willingness to take the deal - that probably says the most. No one goes to the Middle East to take their soccer career to the next level. Oh, he's tripling his salary, so, Diaz wins.

What I've heard is there are moves planned for the team. The Nedyalkov situation did catch them off guard, but the word is in terms of a striker there's stuff in the works. But I think we're all safe in being pessimistic and reserving judgement until we see what they actually pull the trigger on.

Watching the next month play out is going to be interesting simply because it will be a full reflection of Clavijo, who is continues to bravely have to do this and battle his cancer situation. This has been a very weird story for those that cover the team because while it is not unknown, no one wants to talk about it. This is where FCD somewhat gets a pass as a pro sports team with little media coverage because if the Cowboys or Mavs had a person of Clavijo's responsilbity level, dealing with what he is dealing with, it would be front sports page info. While the club hired another person to help with scouting, it is not unfair (maybe insensitive) to wonder how much his medical situation impacts this team's ability to go about it's business. If FCD have a successful July, Clavijo will rightfully deserve a Medal of Valor, but if what results fall flat - it will not go missed that the man was also dealing with a more important matter.

In the end, I believe the Diaz move has been in the works for a while and replacements for him and a #9 are likely. If they get a LB it will be more of a late scramble simply because they we're planning on having to do that several weeks ago.

TCS35 repped this.
  7. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Now this is interesting. They've expanded their presence in El Paso. They've hooked up with the German Giants in BM. Now they've gone and allied themselves with an independant academy in a soccer crazy country like Columbia.

For all that the Hunts do wrong on spending for the big team, they have dropped some serious cash and human resources broadening their academy's reach. Wonder if they're going to give Houston a big FU, and start lining up affiliates in Del Rio, Harlingen, McAllen, and Brownsville. That's a potential gold mine of untapped talent and parents who would probably move for their kid to pursue a soccer dream.

8. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    They already did, by merging with Golazo Soccer in McAllen.
    Introducing: FC Dallas RGV
    https://www.themonitor.com/sports/local/article_75a440b8-5341-11e8-b946-dfc046d37895.html

9. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Thanks for sharing that. I didn't know they'd already expanded in that area. That's huge and Houston has done very little to help kids in those areas find a path. Despite the USL in San Antonio, there's another massively underserved area I wish FCD would get involved in. That whole Georgetown, Round Rock, Austin, San Marcos, New B, San Antonio area along I-35 should also be mined.

I'm probably in the minority but efforts like this is where the money should be spent rather than on massive DP contracts. Mosquera wasn't cheap but by most of the rest of the MLS he wasn't all that expensive. Sign guys like that to fill holes, bring up and play the kids, all the while transforming the Texas soccer landscape so tens of thousands of kids are seen on a regular basis and put into the best competitive environment they can handle. Sheer numbers can lift the boat on the national youth scene and partnerships like this feed that exponentially.

TCS35 repped this.
  10. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas

11. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  12. GaSarge

GaSarge Member

FC Dallas, Liverpool, Bayern Munich,
    United States
    Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Attached Files:

13. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Diaz was eventually inevitable but he was one of our best ever. I will always look back and wonder what if had Castillo not left for six months and Diaz didn't get the injury right before the playoffs.

I am very interested in how Richards progresses as he has a very high ceiling. FCD is doing all the right things here as he hasn't been here long at all but they either get a future starter or get money for selling him. Lots of lessons learned and still learning from McKennie debacle but FCD is one of those leading the way. USL team will accelerate the prospects. One day we will see the team start a full eleven of HG's and it will be funded by sales of those that they sell on. Might even see some come back to play here after Euro adventure stalls a bit.

14. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    https://www.bigdsoccer.com/2018/7/5/17536904/fc-dallas-signs-marquinhos-pedroso

15. GaSarge

GaSarge Member

FC Dallas, Liverpool, Bayern Munich,
    United States
    Dec 4, 2007
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anybody have any nuggets about the possibility of the Bayern loan/s mentioned earlier?

16. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    burning247 repped this.
  17. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Tillman was sent on loan to FC Nurnberg (recently promoted to Bundesliga).
    Angelo Mayer,who was on trial with FCD last month, is back with Bayern Munich II, and played for them in their final preseason match.

It should be noted that Bayern Munich will be in the US at the end of this month, to take part in the ICC preseason tournament. Bayern is bringing 8 of their best youth players with them. The Bayern Munich II season gets underway July 12th, so the senior squad taking some of their players, will obviously leave them short.
    The ICC will conclude July 30th (for Bayern at least), so I wouldn't expect any loans from Bayern to FCD until after the 30th.

I will certainly be watching Bayern in the ICC, to see those young players in action, and pray that FCD gets one of those players loaned to them.

GaSarge repped this.
  18. El Chico Carmona

Mar 10, 2015
    Baraboo, Wisconsin
    Club:
    FC Dallas
  19. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Seems like the rumors about us getting Chilean attacking mid Pablo Aranguiz are true...

20. Bosanski Bomber

United States
    May 20, 2018
    Dallas, TX
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    1019692433079197697 is not a valid tweet id

Daring, tricky, and unpredictable, all characteristics that's been painfully lacking in our midfield this year. Obviously he'll need time to adjust and adapt, but if he can manage to hit the ground running, this could be a game changing addition for the team in the second half of the year.

What does this do to the potential #9 search? Can't imagine a significant signing in that position unless Colman is offloaded to free up that last DP spot.

21. TxEx

TxEx Member+

Aug 19, 2016
    DFW
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I'm expecting one of the center mids to go. Ulloa, Gruezo, or Acosta being sold would free up the money for a CF and allow more time for Hayes, Pomykal, and Servania to play. I also wouldn't be surprised if they try to find a taker for Tesho if they bring someone else in and Coleman doesn't get sold till this winter.

22. Hitman

Hitman Member+

Mar 31, 1999
    without a proper #9, this team will forever be 2nd best.

23. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This has been a glaring failure for a while. Even when they've had a decent 9 they weren't the 20+ type year after year. Seems they prefer wingers and #10's or are better at finding those types.

24. burning247

burning247 Member+

Liverpool FC
    England
    Sep 16, 2000
    Dallas
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would kill for 2002-2007 Carlos Ruiz right about now.

25. Grave27

Grave27 Member

Jun 27, 2008
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States