News: Impact Sub - OGS The New Gaffer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Ashur, Dec 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The complete Ole big pre season interview.

2. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great line about giving Pogba a new challenge there.

3. Sofabloke

Sofabloke Member+

Dec 24, 2003
    Mu
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    1154736368112885760 is not a valid tweet id

Naboomagnoli repped this.
  4. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I still have big question marks about his actual coaching knowledge and ability to adapt in-game, but I like how hes put a clear emphasis on promoting/buying young players to phase out the current crap we have. The question will be do we give him the time and financial backing to see it through.

United 16 repped this.
  5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  6. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
  7. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    Is that just a piggy back on Ogdens BS article a while back?

Anyone who doesn't like how we are playing can leave. It's the best we've looked since Fergie.

8. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    Preseason?!

Anonymous_United repped this.
  9. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well, we've also played our worst football since Fergie (tied with Moyes tenure, but with better palyers) during our winless run at the end of last season under Ole.

10. incighte

incighte Red Card

May 1, 2016
    This is true, but there's also strong evidence that injuries and a lack of fitness really broke us down. And that's something that most everyone already knew coming into the season just via the way that Jose played. Our players didn't have to be fit.

I'm looking at it glass half full. I like a lot of what I'm seeing as replication of the initial good form. Even Martial went to ground and won a good slide tackle against Kristiansund the other day. FFS, If that's not a sign that the players are buying into it then I don't know what is.

11. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  12. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  17. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    Has he been sacked yet?

18. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007

Lovely stuff - Thursday well worth a watch then.

19. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #670 Ashur, Sep 23, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
    Ole retains full confidence from the board.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-backed-turn-things-around-manchester-united/

While Woodward is convinced we are on the right track and that patience will ultimately be rewarded. Alright then...
    Wonder if there is any truth though to the claims of dissenting voices in the dressing room in the face of uninspiring and outdated coaching methods. More than anything else though, it's time for Ole to return in what was working for him last season. And that is ditching this 4-2-3-1 we're ill equipped for to begin with and go back to either a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2 with a diamond mid, both formations would allow Pogba to have a bigger role in terms of our attack and creativity, which is badly lacking at the moment.

21. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The only dissenting voice I have heard from the dressing room is Matic who once again proved that he is not fit to start in the prem anymore.

I’d like to know what Ole’s truthful opinion of the board is after they failed to back him in the Summer window. We didn’t lose to West Ham because of Ole, we lost because we can’t retool a squad from 2013. Ed has been in charge since then and we have gone through 3 different managers, the last two given the proper backing should have at least challenged for a title. This is all on Squidward.

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Matic has been bitching because Ole has cast him aside, making it very clear of where he stands in the pecking order (and this why it's very likely to be his final season at the club btw).
    The article makes reference of several voices, plural, who are complaining about the way Ole does things (as in an old school out, outdated manner, allegedly). It could be all BS, perhaps some castoffs or others, who knows.
    Jason Burt is a pretty solid reporter with trustworthy sources usually, which is why it is worth listening to at least. As I stated in another thread, from my perspective, I'm still not Ole out as of yet, with the issues plaguing us far beyond the manager, as we well know.
    I do want however for Ole to course correct though in regards in some aspects, otherwise I'm afraid that questions about him will become more widespread among fans. There are already some rumblings among some now and if things don't change, many more will turn on him in short order.

23. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Article doesn’t cite sources or voices. Matic himself has been very vocal as to his disappointment from being left out of the first choice starting XI.

Ole has already cast aside most of the undesirables, I want to see what he can do if he actually is allowed to bring reinforcements in. His transfers this summer have been our best players to date.

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    'Questions are being asked by pundits and supporters over Solskjaer’s management while, tellingly, there has been concern expressed privately by some players in recent weeks at the perception of uninspiring and old-fashioned coaching that has been taking place on the training ground.'

Again it could all be BS claims on his part but in the event there is any truth to this and some players have concerns about Ole's methods, it stands to reason that they might have been speaking off the record and want to remain anonymous, as they do not want to suffer any consequences from Ole and the staff in general.
    There is certainly no argument on my part that the players he's brought in have been very solid in varying degrees. Even if he clearly needs a lot more, as it's been plain to see.
    With that being said, Ole can make some adjustments himself to put himself in a better position to succeed. A change of formation is just one example, but other decisions such as his use of useless players like Matic or Mata over others (Fred and the kids) is another. Or trying to spare some players whenever possible is another: the decision to play Rashford vs Astana obviously proved ill advised as well.
    Minor tweaks on his part, but ones which could help him (and the team) to improve over the course of the season ahead.

25. doubletrouble

doubletrouble Member+

Manchester United
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Dec 16, 2003
    St.Kitts
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    St. Kitts and Nevis
    To each his own but I believe this is 100% factual. The way Ole has been speaking and acting since his appointment here gives me that strong belief.
    Carrying players to train on the old training ground and other things that were done when he was under Fergie.
    He continues to behave as is we're still in the 90's/early 2000's