I'm going to Frankfurt and I'll be Rightback: Timmy Chandler at Eintracht Frankfurt

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Friedel'sAccent, Jul 19, 2014.

1. neems

neems Member+

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Apr 14, 2009
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler just scored for Frankfurt. I can’t make a thread, but he’s playing great football today. Nice to see after such a long injury absence.

2. ChrisSSBB

ChrisSSBB Member+

Jun 22, 2005
    DE
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I suspect we will see him in Euro friendlies.

3. DHC1

DHC1 Member+

Jun 3, 2002
    NYC
    I think that ship has sailed. who would have thought that RB is the place with the most depth (3 major leaguers and hopefully a fourth to transfer within weeks)?

4. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #854 autobus39, Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    2-1 Eintracht FT

Chandler came off in the 82nd minute. He was playing as a wide right midfielder Timothy was not involved often, but he did play a part in both Eintracht goals.

5. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goal:

1218588860487217153 is not a valid tweet id

6. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    TIMMY! (South Park)

7. freisland

freisland Member+

Jan 31, 2001
    Saw an extended hi-lites. He had a fairly key tackle to lead to the counter on the early goal and then the header to score., fwiw.

8. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    felloveranddidanadu and Winoman repped this.
  9. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    Shouldn't jump too high, it could trigger his fear of flying.

10. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice first laugh out loud moment of the week.

11. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    Dont take the bait. You will never guess who Suyuntuy actually really is.

14. An Unpaved Road

An Unpaved Road Member+

Mar 22, 2006
    Club:
    --other--
    Garber’s dog?

DHC1 repped this.
  15. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007

Mods?

16. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Happy overall Chandler is seeing the field and he and his team seem to be doing well (haven't watched any yet, just seen write ups). His problem as stated out in this thread by many people has never been talent; rather consistency and commitment, at least on the national team level. If he can stay on the field, I'd love to see him back in the fold. If he can get over whatever blockers he has (travel, CONCACAF conditions, etc) he could be a real asset. I think Suyuntuy's point is would you use up a roster spot in him, knowing he's had those issues in the past?

17. #1 Feilhaber and Adu

Aug 1, 2007
    1) There has been timelines put forth showing Chandler's commitment to his last call-up under Arena (while also injured) when everyone continued to doubt his "commitment".

2) i asked for specific evidence twice in the USAMen forums from Suyuntuy, to prove his "lack of commitment issues", never got a response. Considering Chandler played the roughest position under Klinsmann which required a lot of Running and ground covering from outside/ wingback.

3) Dest was about to play for Dutch due to the same pressure Chandler was receiving in Germany with his family and club team, and multiple people were ok with Dest switching and did not blame him, if he did. But, Chandler got no same sympathy during his same situation.

4) Nagbe kept getting called after repeatedly turning down a us call.

What are these issues? evidence suggest they are vastly exaggerated, the fanbase has sympothisized with others in the same situation, and the federation was showing commitment to a non-committal over and over again in Nagbe.

18. ttrevett

ttrevett Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler should be called up. He should be given one last opportunity to prove that he will fight for the shirt when given the chance. If after that he fails to show up or declines the call, then we have our answer. But the guy is playing at a very high level right now. I would have him on the right flank and Dest on the left. The only issue is that his club team deploys him more as a wing-back as opposed to a true right back, so I don't know if this fits into the mold Berhalter wants.

Either way the kid is in form and should be given a chance.

Frankfurt looks a tough side to break down and will score a goal from at least one set piece per game. They just man handled RBL this weekend. They've had a good start to the Rückrunde. Interesting to see how they fare against Bayern when they play again after the 5-1 drubbing they gave Bayern.

19. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    At this point, reluctantly, I agree.

Not that I think he'll do great, just that everything else we got is sucking so bad.

ttrevett repped this.
  20. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Winoman and LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  21. ShortyMac

ShortyMac Member+

Barcelona
    Apr 10, 2011
    Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He rescues a point vs Duesseldorf:

22. ArsenalMetro

ArsenalMetro Member+

United States
    Aug 5, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I'm going to be generous and describe Dusseldorf's defending on the set piece as "chaotic at best."

https://streamja.com/ngA7

23. glutton4Bolts

glutton4Bolts Member+

United States
    Mar 18, 2019
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Chandler has been so impressive since returning. He is actually a very good offensive threat. He had a couple of opportunities in the first half playing forward... then was moved to the back in the 2nd half. Fantastic point-saving goal in the end. He is very good with his head so I kind of scratch my head as to why he is normally given the deep duties on corners and free-kicks.?.? If that had been a free-kick any time other than stoppage then he wouldn't have even been a part of the play. Feel bad for Fortuna... who outplayed them for most of the game. To lose the three points at the end like that is brutal.

24. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The goal:

jnielsen, ShortyMac and neems repped this.
  25. felloveranddidanadu

Plymouth Argyle FC
    Dec 12, 2009
    Club:
    San Jose Frogs
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great comeback for the guy. Please, please, please stay healthy. It would be interesting in a fullback battle between him, Yedlin, Dest, and Cannon (who I've thought has looked great in most of his appearances) to see who wins out.