I'm Back! - Bienvenue Zizou

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by AriGold, Mar 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015

Agreed 100%. Some ppl are as delusional as these players. Some guys like Morata could've extended their career playing a secondary role, instead he opted to feature on the weekly horror-show highlight reel while we continued to win CL trophies

hala_madrid722 and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  2. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    The plain truth.

He couldn't before because of insubordination issues. However now, he can because Zidane has forgiven and moved past issues with Bale.

I believe he has as well with James. If not he wouldn't even call him up.

He just picks Kroos or Hazard/Bale over James and at this point you can't blame him for the later two. Kroos on the other hand needs rest.

Anon. repped this.
  3. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I like reading articles from all perspectives, especially those who may have had more contact with the club than we do.

4. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Ssr9 and natenate101 repped this.
  5. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Spanish media and sucking off their NT players while destroying foreigners. Name a better duo.

Lyra, J-Mezzy and Anon. repped this.
  6. ImadEdd

ImadEdd Member+

Real Madrid
    Morocco
    Feb 17, 2019
    British media and British players.

raven3k, petros93, Saeta Rubia and 7 others repped this.
  7. Vector-SS

Vector-SS Member+

Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think that picture of him walking up to the spot twirling the ball on his fingers was the 2016 CL final shoot out.

My jaw literally dropped watching him walk up there as the first penalty shooter looking this calm.

Definitely the one thing i will remember him most for.

MerlinRM, RMSocrates, Stiliyan and 5 others repped this.
  8. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Same goes for any nation to be honest.

Eddie repped this.
  9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Agreed, but idk if they would go this far for Lucas Teasqueeze.

10. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I remember quite fondly when I said that Morata was a mediocre player and all of you were fighting me on that. Good times.

Lyra repped this.
  11. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes because mediocre players play for clubs like Real Madrid, Juventus, Chelsea, etc.

What happens to these players is that when they are at Madric surrounded by Modric, Kroos, James, etc., they overachieve but when they are asked to carry more of the load with a weaker support staff them they underachieve because they are tasked with doing more than they can deliver.

Morata could be a starter here because the team will make up for his shortcomings but he's not the guy to be the focal point, but rather a decoy.

He's the guy that keeps a defense honest if they try double teaming someone, but he's also they guy that can easily be double teamed because he can't break it down.

12. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No lie, you did call that and also I think it was you that saw a great player in Rakitic when he was with Schalke. Respect.

Hsain85 and El-CapitanoR7 repped this.
  13. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    LAWL, saw this on reddit.

[​IMG]

J-Mezzy, Eddie, Doni and 5 others repped this.
  14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    My guess with the injured players returning, we might have a chance to qualify from the CL group stage. If we fail, Perez will show zidane exactly how impatient he is and sack him the next morning.

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    High standards!

16. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    The mighty Kroos and Modrić with their epic performances. I am thrilled to see them.

p.s: shit, Lucas is coming back. :cry:

17. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Kroos have played much better in the last month.
    I agree modric is no upgrades at this point.
    Bale is a major upgrade for our attack. So is hazard.
    We're going to play shit and have a soft midfield, but at least we'll score.

18. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Yes, the mighty Kroos and Modric. These other guys don't hold a candle to them. Llorente is busy warming the bench for our rivals, while Ceballos is flopping in that flop Arsenal team.

Digital repped this.
  19. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    10 wins, 5 draws and 5 losses since he came back. That's 50% win rate, which is worse than Solari and Benitez.

20. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Are we really going to count the end of last season. Let's not be disingenuous.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Fair point but i think the fact that he didn't really improve the squad and that Solari also became a coach during the season is also fair.

edit: Even in his first stint Zidane became a coach mid season and you could see the improvement immediately. This time? Not so much.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know, but 2 of those 5 defeats and 5 victories are from this season, so I guess counting last season actually improves his record.

Overall were not looking much better than the finish of last season other than spening 300 million in between.

23. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    At this point i am sure SayWhatIWant is observing matches in alternate universe where Kroos, Modrić and co. are flying on zie pitch, while reserves are shoveling manure in the stables as punishment for dropping 9 points in 9 matches already, while in CL sitting on 1 point worth last place.

24. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Honestly, i think we look worse considering the investment.

25. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane seems to feel the same otherwise he wouldn't have said that players have to make use of the chances they are getting.