Illinois State Cup

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by SoccerLad, Mar 5, 2007.

1. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    It's fine, it's not as if most of these teams have been winning in walkovers all season. They peaked at the right time, congrats to them, but it's not as if the state was lacking in competitors. Multiple teams at each age group could were in the hunt.

2. redskyisfalling

redskyisfalling New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    I guess that is why they have AYSO soccer for recreational teams. You know like the CFJr's. That way everyone buys tickets.:p

3. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    your responses have really gone downhill, c'mon man step up the quality!
    It was an actual legit question after reading all of the Magic wins but I guess when they are the #1 boys program in the country they should win some state crowns. Though of course the state cups wont matter in another year now will they? (with the MLS/USSF programs)

4. redskyisfalling

Mar 16, 2007
    Okay, I'll bite. Tell me what were you looking for in a response?

No, chitown it is not good because then nobody wants to play soccer if they are not on the Magic?

Yes, chitown it is good because everyone will want to beat the Magic and try harder at training?

No, chitown it is not good because they focus on winning?

Yes, chitown it is good because they develop players and winning is a byproduct of it?

No, chitown it is not good because we can not get them to fundraise for their fees by selling MLS tickets?

Yes, chitown it is good beacuse it is a players environment instead of a sales environment?

5. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks for the sales pitch on the Magic, they do focus on winning and only winning. I would have to question the development part.
    I still dont get your obsession with tickets, Ive never been asked to buy or sell tickets for the Fire. But hey, thanks for the effort!

6. esther15

esther15 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    On the girls side of things How did Eclipse do in IL state cup?

7. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    They won a good number or state cups this year (14, 16, 18, 19 I THINK but could be wrong), but not as many as they had last year. they did not look nearly as dominating this year as they did last year as well. dont know if it was an off weekend or if other programs are rising to the challenge.

8. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    Celtic went 2-7 or 28%
    Coach Geo went 2-5 or 40%
    Beautiful went 5-8 or 63%
    JMPN Dad went 4-5 or 80%

So Coach please NO checks.

9. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    lol good work, i guess we did alright for a couple of *$#(%@^ idiots :). do i get some sort of bonus for getting the most correct, haha?!? does anyone know when the regional draw comes out?

10. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    LOL good pickin.

11. redskyisfalling

Mar 16, 2007
    I am trying because I need the steak knives.

Yea I would too if the CFJ have never developed anyone either. Remember signing a player to a contract to sell tickets is not development.

They have you brainwashed. I just read it again when KC wrote about their upcoming academy.

See I did bite, but you still avoided the topic. And if Sockers WHO ARE A VERY GOOD CLUB won all the state titles the response still would have been the same. If you want to be developed and train in a legitimate soccer environment go to the Sockers or the Magic. If you want a red jersey go to the CFJ's. Hey they might even get lucky and get a one-off!

12. JMPN Dad

JMPN Dad New Member

Aug 21, 2002
    New Lenox
    Draws are posted. http://www.region2.com/2007Cup/2007BracketDraw.pdf

9.3.1A SEEDING: The prior year semifinalist states will be seeded in each of the four
    (4) competitive brackets. The two (2) finalists would be placed in brackets A and C,
    with the remaining state semifinalists placed in brackets B and D. The remaining slots
    would be drawn using the same double blind draw currently used. In age divisions with
    only three (3) brackets, the two (2) finalists would be placed in brackets A and C with
    the best state semifinalist placed in the B bracket based on tie breaker criteria in the
    Cup rules. This would apply to the U-14 – U-19 divisions.
    MRL wildcards and State Drawn wildcards will continue to be treated as teams that are
    used to fill in competition in order to reach fourteen (14) teams in the U-13 and U-19
    age groups and sixteen (16) in the U-14 through U-18 age groups. Therefore, the MRL
    wildcards cannot be seeded in the top four (4). If a MRL representative or drawn
    wildcard was a semifinalist in the prior year, that slot will be filled using the current
    double blind draw process.

13. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    Yea I would too if the CFJ have never developed anyone either. Remember signing a player to a contract to sell tickets is not development.

They have you brainwashed. I just read it again when KC wrote about their upcoming academy.

See I did bite, but you still avoided the topic. And if Sockers WHO ARE A VERY GOOD CLUB won all the state titles the response still would have been the same. If you want to be developed and train in a legitimate soccer environment go to the Sockers or the Magic. If you want a red jersey go to the CFJ's. Hey they might even get lucky and get a one-off![/quote]

no brainwashing involved. We we're very close to signing with the magic at one point but thought ( and still think) that the opportunity to work with our son's current coach was too good to pass up.
    You must have experience with both clubs to know what the environment is at both clubs (Our kids show up to the training field and get trained and then they go home....what's not legitimate about that?) . Please introduce yourself next time you're at on of my son's training sessions. Because if you dont attend our sessions then you really cant comment on what happens there.

14. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Seadog, you don't have to defend your decisions vis a vis your club choice and your child's development.

The fact is that if he's happy and growing then the rest will take care of itself.

15. GersMan

GersMan Member

May 11, 2000
    Indianapolis
    anyone have the U14 through u18 girls winners?

16. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Girls:
    U-14 Eclipse Select
    U-15 KUFC (Bloomington?)
    U-16 Eclipse Select
    U-17 Chicago Magic
    U-18 Eclipse Select
    U-19 Eclipse select

17. redskyisfalling

Mar 16, 2007
    Sure I will be the one hawking Fire tickets.:p

18. SoccerILSoccer

SoccerILSoccer New Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Who are the top ten U17 teams in IL?

19. adidas07

adidas07 New Member

Jun 20, 2007

Kufc is from elgin. www.kufcpremier.com

20. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    True...but features many players who used to play for 2 very good teams out of Bloomington (CIS). Kinda surprised that they did not join Eclipse South to play for their former coach, who is now the Director of Eclipse South.