Illinois State Cup

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by SoccerLad, Mar 5, 2007.

1. dumpnrun

dumpnrun Member

May 30, 2006
    At u-15, Magic beat Sockers 4-1 and Naperville won 2-1 vs. Wind. Should be a fun final, as these teams know each other on a personal level.

2. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    way to go Lightning soon to be CFJ! good luck in the final.
    Pretty sure "coach George" was coaching the team that played my son's team last night in Wheaton.

3. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Tough luck for the Wind, defending Regional finalist, 2nd in MRL, no Regional appearance this year.

They'll have to go to Plan B, because "kick it to the grown up" was never as effective at U15 as at U14, and will be less effective yet in another year. Funny how that works ....

4. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    Sockers are winning 2-0. Magic are winning 3-1. Magic down to 10 men red card to their goalie for swearing. So give the trophy to Sockers U16.

5. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Also, congrats to Magic U15s for their big victory over Sockers. The Sockers U15s haven't lost a match by 3 goals since I don't know when. Certainly nobody at Dallas Cup including the powerhouse German team they faced gave them that kind of trouble. Sounds like Magic are playing very, very well.

6. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Magic have Bowman as backup keeper right?

7. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    At 19 Sockers won easily. Magic win also 1-0.

8. Illinois Soccer

Illinois Soccer New Member

Mar 8, 2007
    Plainfield, IL
    17's - games just over.
    Raptor's 3 X Sockers 1 - Both teams go on to regionals though.
    Magic 2 x Husa 0

9. beautifulgame11

beautifulgame11 New Member

May 16, 2005
    Magic won 2-1 @ 17 not 2-0.

So the finals look like this for tomorrow:

15-Magic/Lightning
    16-Magic/Sockers
    17-Magic/Raptors
    18-Magic/Wind
    19-Magic/Sockers

And for all of you who bash the magic and say all they can do is wack the ball and score on set plays and play physical and bully people should have seen the 15s and 18s today. 2 absolute clinics. the 15s completely picked apart the sockers (and the 15 sockers are a VERY good side, and can play with anyone as they showed in dallas), and the 18s walked all over fc united. the golden boy 15 wind team tried as hard as they could to win without connecting 2 passes on the ground, but couldnt find the 2nd goal. maybe they should start to have misses money bags buy soccer players, instead of a basketball team (she does have it right with the 13s though) :)

10. the Next Level

Mar 18, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    wow. you don't let up. you were probably a great striker as a kid.

11. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    haha im just giving yall a hard time. its all in good fun. should be some great finals tomorrow.

12. redskyisfalling

redskyisfalling New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Why did the coach get a yellow card? And did his back need to get shaved?

Kudo's to the Lightning. By what beautifulgame11 is saying, they will have their hands full. What a great atmosphere at the Fire game today. Wish it could be like that all the time.

13. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    . What a great atmosphere at the Fire game today. Wish it could be like that all the time.[/quote]

yeh but what a TERRIBLE lineup they put out and how terrible the talent is on this team. We've never recouped anything for Beasley,Bocanegra,Razov or Ralph.
    Nice to have a full house but it really exposes the lousy logistics of toyota park.

14. redskyisfalling

redskyisfalling New Member

Mar 16, 2007
    Playing Chivas helped the crowd. I like pointing out the one offs. You know like a lightning team winning state cup.

15. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    First cup of the day goes to Magic. U18 win 2-0.

16. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    And the second cup of the day goes to the Magic. U17 win 2-1.

17. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    And the third cup goes the Sockers. U16 win 3-2 in pk's.

18. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    And the fourth cup goes to the Magic. U15 wins 2-0.

19. Celtic3

Celtic3 New Member

Apr 5, 2004
    Right result wrong team!..Oh well. Regionals should be interesting.Let's see if that result lights a fire under the Magic U-16's or not. Other than that huge surprise it was a pretty successful day for Magic.Kudos to Soccerlad for highlighting the Sockers chances at this age group.

Is that the first time Sockers beat that Magic U-16 team?
    D O'L and DM (transfers from Magic to Sockers) must be happy today.......
    Few others too I'm sure...........Congrats to them.

Beautiful Game.......why make those type of comments about that parent/lady from the Wind? Just because she gives money to improve the team?
    I never heard Magic complain about Gatorade sponsorships and the like.....

Who coached the Magic team today? Hannan?

20. esther15

esther15 New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Any U_19 scores?

21. SoccerLad

SoccerLad New Member

Jun 8, 2005
    And the final cup goes to the Magic. U19 in pk's a 2-1 win.

22. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    so 15, 17, 18, 19 goes to Magic...16 to Sockers. What was the biggest shock of the day for you all? I would say the 17 game was the biggest for me (16s would have been under normal circumstances, but the fact the Magic had to play a field player in net and the game went to pks lowers that one a bit). Hats off to all the state cup champs.

23. sideways

sideways New Member

Aug 30, 2006
    soccerlad...who took second in the U17's? The IYSA website did not update the semi final results.

24. beautifulgame11

May 16, 2005
    I know I'm not soccerlad...but the final was Magic/Raptors. Raptors had the majority of the play, but Magic got the game winner from their horse of a forward in the last 5 minutes. huge win for that group..Raptors and Sockers are also into regionals via MRL.

25. chitownseadog

chitownseadog Member

Dec 21, 2006
    unbelievable day for the Magic. Ok, my question is:
    Is this type of domination good for Illinois youth soccer?