Ignore the blah, blah, blah - the Paul Pogba thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Raiola plans to meet with United officials some time in November to discuss Pogba's future.

www.theguardian.com/football/2018/sep/27/paul-pogba-agent-manchester-united-talks-jose-mourinho-mino-raiola

November may seem random, but I guess they want to see how things will go/progress by then. This is Fabrizio Romano (who works with Di Marzio) reporting this, so there may be something about it.
    The article does mention that Pogs is happy at United (and would consider staying), but it just can't be with Mourinho. Hardly surprising tbh...

2. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    GabM seems to think he will end up at Barca possibly as soon as Jan

3. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    Can’t see it in Jan. Barca won’t have the money for him that soon, and Ed won’t sanction a sale without immediate replacements. I can’t see Mourinho being at the club to witness a sale in the summer, which is when it might happen. The question is whether Pogba will still want to go even after Mou’s left.

Barca would be an improvement over Mou’s Utd for him, but still a terrible fit. I’d want him to move to a club that suits him if he leaves.

benni... repped this.
  4. Anonymous_United

Manchester United
    Brazil
    Jul 13, 2018
    Will never happen in Jan .. Def next summer but will Jose be at helm i doubt it and Pogba will continue to undermine next manager thats his trait. Jose wanted him to be like Lampard (attack and defend) and press feeding on pogba playing deep has added to Pogs ego.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1980 Ashur, Sep 28, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2018
    Doubts are emerging whether Barca can afford Pogba.

www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/09/27/doubts-growing-whether-barcelona-can-afford-paul-pogba-man-utd/

As mentioned yesterday, it's just very unlikely they would be able to afford him in January. They need to clear the decks with some players leaving, as to get some funds towards his purchase and make room for Pogs, salary wise.
    And even in the event they don't have to pay the 200mil United will reportedly ask for him, it's still a good bet he won't go for less than 150 IMO. Which Barca likely still can't afford him yet.
    If Barca believe 100mil would be enough... lol

6. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Do you not think ManU will reduce the fee just to get him out and save the season ?

Jose rates Rakitic highly ... maybe a part exchange deal ??

7. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    A bunch of nonsense from Barca fans again.

8. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    No.

9. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Well they've got to do something or the place will implode ..

10. Rooney20

Rooney20 Member+

Jan 8, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lol dude no

11. Naboomagnoli

Naboomagnoli Member+

May 31, 2007
    That’s the one.

12. thenamestsam

thenamestsam Member+

Aug 8, 2013
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Truth is avoiding an "implosion" is pretty much pointless. Avoiding an implosion matters if you have something to hold onto, but our current position is already crap. We're not winning the league this year. We're not winning the CL. As sad as it is to say, the only real metric of success we're shooting for this year is to make the top-4. We're already struggling to show the form necessary for that as is. If you think selling Pogba gets us closer to that goal you're placing a lot of trust in the idea that Pogba is dragging down the team in ways that go beyond his play which frankly is just silly. There's a reason Jose keeps picking him even though he'd clearly prefer not to. Selling Pogba so that at least our slide to 6th place can be drama-free is...asinine.

jnielsen and Ruud v.Nistelrooy 10 repped this.
  13. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    That fat prick doesn't know a thing. He fakes insider knowledge but he's clueless.

LA. MAN UNITED and johno repped this.
  15. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Sorry I gave the wrong name .... It's his best mate with the beard ....

16. omar_mufc

omar_mufc Member

Oct 19, 2004
    Marcotti is actually saying the opposite. Ballague (who I assume is who you're talking about) said that Barca aren't interested. Julien Laurens says PSG can't afford him, and Horncastle has said the same for Juve.

I called it at the start and nothing that has happened since has really made me change my mind: this is a ploy to get a new contract, and in the process, remove Jose. A particularly classless way to do so, but effective nonetheless. He's had enough of Jose and is using the power that the world cup win has given him and the resultant extra exposure, to well and truly twist the knife into Jose. Can't say I have much sympathy for Jose after all the shit he's pulled and tbh if Pogba's bluff is called as well in the process, I wouldn't shed a tear either. I love him as a player, but he's turned us into a joke and has proven to put this petty squabble before the interests of the team and the club as a whole.

17. Red Jeph

Red Jeph Member+

Aug 26, 2006
    Chicago
    If he gets Jose out I’d say he’s done the club a great service.

jnielsen, girrdib, Jack Donaghy and 3 others repped this.
  18. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    It was GB who tweeted Barca were interested.. I'll post it if I see it again..

Anyways ... looks like Zidane will be taking over at ManU soon so maybe Pogba will be happy to stay after all ..

19. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Didn't the club just deny it?

20. TitoTata

TitoTata Member+

Jun 26, 2014
    Well they would ....

I heard that Zidane apologised to Jose saying he wasn't actively chasing the ManU job BUT told him that United reps had been in contact with his agent ....

We shall find out eventually..

jnielsen repped this.
  21. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Well that would only piss off Jose more. He would probably pick a fight with Woodward and that would be The End. [emoji6]

22. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. omar_mufc

omar_mufc Member

Oct 19, 2004
    I can't disclose my source, but I've heard on good authority that Barca can't afford him. And Guillem just last week said that they are in no position to get him on BBC Radio:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06m9kx8?TB_iframe=true&width=370.8&height=658.8

24. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1999 Ashur, Oct 1, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2018
    To be honest, the fact that Barca can't really afford Pogba is neither a secret or a surprise. Common sense alone dictates clearly that Barca would find it difficult to get him at this time.
    As previously stated, they'd have to make some moves in order to clear space for him. They also have the biggest wage bill in football, after re-upping all their big stars, and with Pogba's huge salary, that's another issue for them.
    There's just no way that Barca (or any other contender for him, bar PSG) can afford him, the way United can at this time. The fact that the Barca board is now apparently split on whether to get him, is another example of how massively costly a move for him would be on their part. Especially with United very much holding most of the cards, due to the fact he's nowhere near the end of his current deal with the club.