Ignore the blah, blah, blah - the Paul Pogba thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Sofabloke, Aug 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Maybe what he wants us for us to stop playing shit football and engage teams higher up the pitch?

LA. MAN UNITED and jeff070 repped this.
  2. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    quite frankly, this is disappointing right after the captain's arm band.

Amdrag and benni... repped this.
  3. jeff070

jeff070 Member+

Dec 31, 2004
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Lebanon
    I think what he is saying is backing to his managers. Maybe he is disappointed as well by the board for not signing players. I am fine with it.

4. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Riding off into the sunset
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I honestly think he's annoyed by all the things said or written to him in the media. We're automatically going towards negative thoughts, precisely because that's what the ABU media are trying to feed us.
    Him not being happy at United, completely flies in contradiction with his comments right before those came out.
    So, I think his anger and frustration are directed at the (ABU) media, not at the club.

5. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1655 Ashur, Aug 11, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11470668/paul-pogba-opens-up-on-his-mental-state-at-manchester-united

I think this article highlights the point in the previous post. As much as Pogs enjoys being inthe limelight, he (rightfully so, I might add) get testy about the falsehoods and some of the stories peddled by the media about him.
    And the British media can be the worse in that aspect as well. Just as he was frustrated prior to the WC, I imagine the same is happening here.
    And maybe that can be a good thing for us inthe end. A Pogs with something to prove can be lethal as we've just witnessed in Russia...

6. JC7rox

JC7rox Member+

Manchester United FC, LAFC
    Jun 11, 2004
    West Coast, Cali!
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    And no one here read these quotes as an indictment of the manager? He keeps implying how he will never stop fighting for his team mates and the fans. He says nothing of the manager and management. He also says he loves the club.

7. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It's clear he's talking about Jose. They've fallen out. It's going to be a long year.

Deadtigers, reddevilmike, JC7rox and 2 others repped this.
  8. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #1658 Ashur, Aug 12, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Pogba flexing his muscles and showing Mourinho the power he has at the moment?

www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/11470783/paul-pogba-demonstrating-power-to-jose-mourinho-at-manchester-united-says-sam-wallace

Thankfully though, I think it can be safely said now that we are a point, if it's really Pogba v Mourinho, there will be only one winner and it won't be the manager. The club will do whatever it takes to appease Pogs. Way too important to us...
    Still believe there is a lot of ABU media spin in those stories coming out as they are in direct contradiction with the most latest comments from both sides. And after all, this is exactly what some portion of the press does in England. This is nothing new, especially when it comes to United.

9. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Of course.

10. United 16

United 16 Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 25, 2016
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  11. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    but why? he named him captain, designated pk taker, and said he had a monster performance.

my belief is that is that a narrative is being constructed to put pressure on united to sell next year. they know he's got a long term contract and united has the financial power to turn down even a 200 mil offer. the only play is to make the situation untenable. mino is behind this.

12. johno

johno Member+

Jul 15, 2003
    in the wind
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    So one comment by Jose (a clear attempt to get him onside) means everything is good between them?

benni... repped this.
  13. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    julien laurens debunked any rift between jose and pogba, and he's one of the most connected journalists to the french nt. people are quick quick to forget that mourinho defended pogba even against scholes last year. if it was only a mourinho thing, pogba could get him fired like, say, cristiano got benitez fired. he's got that kind of juice right now.

this is bigger than mourinho. i truly believe pogba wants to to go, i saw that as a reaction to not getting a move to barca.you guys actually believe that mino has been shopping pogba around to city, juve, real and barça without his consent?

now, its not because he wants to go that he'll get his wish. neymar and hazard want to go to real, after all.

jeff070 repped this.
  14. MizzouMUFC

MizzouMUFC Member+

Apr 10, 2010
    Places
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    It is very clearly an issue with Jose and Pogba. Jose is trying to make up for it now because it's getting pretty clear the club is going to back Pogba over Jose. His comments are clear without being specific.

cr7torossi and Naboomagnoli repped this.
  15. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Fake (ABU) news!

16. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    The person who is constructing narratives is the player himself and his agent

It's silly to blame this on fake news

Pogba gets paid pittance in the hand yet is one of the most valuable players in the world now

Why would brand Pogba put up with this?

Woody will need to throw money at the problem especially in light of Sanchez mega earnings

Naboomagnoli repped this.
  17. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    He's clearly not the designated PK taker. He had to convince Alexis to let him take that PK.

He's also not the first captain. Valencia is the first captain and Smalling is the 2nd. Jose said so during preseason. On top of that Jose already reduced the value of the captains arm and when he said:

“But I never care much about the captaincy, I care more about the life in the dressing room and the leaders. The armband means what it means.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...sfer-club-america-jose-mourinho-a8456081.html

Your theory is possible, or maybe he is just not happy with Jose and his tactics and his mouth.

18. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pogba right now is at £300k/wk (and that's before what he earns from endorsements). It's not like he's massively underpaid, considering how he's performed with the club so far (solid but not consistently great).
    If he performs consistently at the level we've seen from him at the WC with France (or just in the game vs Leicester), Pogs will get what's coming to him.
    Now, he may have some kind of beef seeing Sanchez getting 500k/wk, but he's repeatedly said he's not asked for more money. Bottom line, the club will surely be glad to give him more: he needs to earn it.

19. benni...

benni... BigSoccer Supporter

Nov 23, 2004
    Chocolate City
    You have a link for this debunking of the rift between Jose and Pogba?

Theres plenty evidence to see why Pogba would be upset with Jose. There's not much to suggest he's happy.

Deadtigers repped this.
  20. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    thats actually what inmeant, that mino is building a narrative through the media.

Deadtigers repped this.
  21. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    espnfc, videos section.

22. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    He is on nowhere near that amount

Indeed he signed on at well under 200k thought it may be nearer 200k now it's is back in CL

Also his agent is believes to take a % of his weekly earnings

So he is far below ozil and Sanchez or what ibra was making

Of course they were basically all free agents but point stands vs comparable a listers in europe

23. The Jitty Slitter

Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Yep.

His job is to get another ball busting deal and now is the hour

Imo he cares more about raw cash than winning stuff but Pogba might prefer his chances in spain

24. Diable Rouge

Diable Rouge Member+

Jul 17, 2006
    jose could always be lying but he he said that pogba was first choice for pk after the game.

25. Ashur

Ashur Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    May 31, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Then just look it up. Pogs was the club's highest earner prior to Sanchez's arrival,closing in on £300k/wk, ahead of Lukaku who is at 200-250, depending on the source.
    Ozil, who just got bumped in February is at 350/wk. I have no issues with saying that Pogba ought to be on the same level (or should be getting what's coming to him) but if he wants to be paid on a level close to the top earners in the game, he needs to show he deserves to do so.
    If he was a lock as one of the top players in the league, then by all means, give him as much as he wants. But he's not there yet. Hopefully, this year changes that and I will be all for him getting a massive raise, as he will have deserved it.
    But right now, he's not underpaid at 300k/wk.