If you were LAFC

Discussion in 'Real Salt Lake' started by Taragui, Dec 11, 2017.

1. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
  2. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd ask other MLS club GM's which players they want and start making deals for cash. There really aren't any names on that list that jump out to me as players that could contribute.

The Franchise repped this.
  3. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    I look at the list and every name I recognize seems to have strings attached. Hamid: rumored to be going to England in January. Beltran and Alonso: nagging injuries. Several Atl players on loan and projected to return to Argentina/UK. You get the idea.

On the other hand, Movsisyan, what a steal! (Just in case anyone from LAFC reads this).

15 to 32 repped this.
  4. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I really wish someone would publish this list with the players cap hit from at least 2017 included (and expected 2018 if possible).

5. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sometimes I think "Wow, what could we have done with these rules in place instead of what we had in our expansion draft!" And then I remember our brain trust, and I wonder instead what sort of permanent trouble we could have gotten into with Pastorino and Ellinger pulling the strings. Other teams would be like:

15 to 32 repped this.
  6. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we would have negative international slots

trackrunner repped this.
  7. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    There's some solid pieces here. Some good keepers (Attinella, Gleeson, Mccarthy, Klenofsky with a minimum contract), a couple good veteran attackers like Urena or Arturo Alvarez. Romario Williams is on a tiny contract, and spent the year dominating USL on loan - may be a low-risk kind of move.

I'm really surprised to see Raheem Edwards there - he's got a minimum contract, just had a terrific year for Toronto, and is only 22. He'd be my number one pick.

8. Taragui

Taragui Member+

Aug 13, 2006
    Northern Utah
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Trying to imagine how that would work.

An obligation each year to acquire international players and then gift them to other teams, perhaps...o_O

Lizzie Bee and 15 to 32 repped this.
  9. irondeepbicycle

irondeepbicycle Member+

Real Salt Lake
    United States
    Jul 31, 2017
    Tyler Miller, Latif Blessing, Marco Urena, Jukka Raitala, and Raheem Edwards. I half predicted a couple of them.

What I'm reading is that LA will keep Edwards, but the others may all be traded. I wouldn't be all that interested in any of the others on RSL - maybe Miller.

10. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sad we didn't appear to work a deal for them to take Yura and/or get them to pick us up a player (Salaam) through the draft.

11. El-ahrairah

El-ahrairah Member+

Sep 20, 2004
    Wanker County
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    LAFC already traded Raitala and Edwards to Montreal for Ciman.

12. 15 to 32

15 to 32 Straw Hog

Jul 1, 2008
    Salt Lake
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would like to be on both sides of that move. Good trade for what each club needed