If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Isn't Icardi, the highest paid player at Inter, earning around 5ME per year? If money is what he wants, Inter is not the place to go.

This rumor was started or fueled the most by DiMarzio whom Benzema embarrassed big time after he claimed that Benzema is going to Napoli. He's usually well informed for Italian football but it looks like he has no clue when it comes to Real Madrid.

You never know these days, but i highly doubt Modric is gonna leave. Most likely he will be given a 1 year extension and a small raise. He returns to training tomorrow so if there's any truth to the rumor we will find out soon.

2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    It is hard for many of us to accept that some players (not subs) want to leave the best club in the world unless they are asked to leave by the club itself.

It is seen as "Best club == best place to be".

I am conflicted myself, but for now I refuse to believe this rumor, mainly because Inter can't be a club the best midfielder in the world is aiming for. It makes no sense to me.

3. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Nobody wants to leave. They want to get paid better.

People need to grasp the fact we the current greatness of Madrid is tied to our legend and the fact we've paid the best wages. We still have our legend but we don't pay the best anymore.

We're not the financial bully anymore. Things have changed.

4. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    As a financial institution that relies on itself to generate the revenues required to pay off it's obligations, you can not compete with teams that have an endless well and don't have a need to generate revenues to sustain their spending. You can try to do it short term as Barcelona is doing, but long term, the roof will crumble on your head and bury you.

9Qui and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Oh I agree. We're still the same monster... it's just that the rules have changed and UEFA have allowed bigger illegal state sponsored monsters to play our game lol.

Just think without this corrupt Qatar influence we'd have the next big player and we'd be laughing as we dominate again next season. Most of us know we have a loaded team... we are missing only the finishers.

I was thinking how great Cristiano would be in Lopetegui's system... imagine Mbappe? I don't think we'd lose a match lol.

Anyways, back to reality.... the rules and playing arena has changed drastically; I get that. That doesn't however impede us for looking for some kind of goal scorer as an addition. We're repeating the same mistake as last summer and that's what is gutting me.

Deep Pal repped this.
  6. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    That would still not explain why Modric would choose crappy Inter Milan as his new club.

More people would believe this rumor if the aimed club was Manchester United or Bayern.

7. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Modric hasn't chosen anything. He just wants a better pay package.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and Zidane05 repped this.
  8. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think part of the link to Inter is that they have a Croatian contingent. Closer to home and gets to build on the NT foundation.

9. azriel

azriel Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    San Diego, USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    15 Million euro for a loan + 25ME buyout next year?

[​IMG]

I have sold a few things locally in Craglist and i have seen my share of retarded lowball offers, but holy sh1t this one takes the cake.

We should counter by offering 10ME for Icardi.

Deep Pal repped this.
  10. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Inter are not even close to dethroning Juve. Serie A is a one team league especially now that Juve got Ronaldo. Napoli got weaker and lost the coach that took them to 90+ points. And Inter are a cheap club who'd get laughed at with that kind of offer for Modric. I hope Flo doesn't even talk to them after such insulting offer.

Eddie and Deep Pal repped this.
  11. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Jose Luis Sanchez(Tier 1): Modric is seriously considering his departure from Real Madrid. He wants one last big contract pressured by his agents. There is no exit pact between the club and player, and are not taking Inter's offer seriously as it doesn't fulfill FFP.

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't think Modric wants to go to Inter, I do think he's using Inter to get one last good contract with us.

He's 32, and he's with us untill 2020. Basically when his contract ends, we would have gotten the best of him. So it's the same situation as Ronaldo, and the club really has no reason to either lengthen or better his contract.

So either he gets Inter to pay up what the club would think is reasonable for him, or he will be here for 2 more years.

Halycon repped this.
  13. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Yes.. same stragy played by Ramos a few years ago.

Deep Pal repped this.
  14. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Ramos had some sway because his contract was actually ending, we have Modric utntil he's 34 right now. I can understand his pov to get one last good contract, but he isn't really dealing from a powerful position. Plus I think (and probably the club as well) that he is not the type to make trouble even if he ends up staying here after this summer.

15. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    He just wants a raise after being named best player in the WC. When was his last renewal?

16. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    2016. He was also eating only 4.5 ME until 2016. now 8.5 ME. I think Inter are offering a slight raise, but the big difference is contract until 2022. His RM deal runs out in 2020.

17. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Is weird how these italian clubs are willing to throw all that money for 4 years on a 33 year old..

18. cromagnum

cromagnum Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    So pay him the money geez if anyone has deserved a raise it's Luka.

Deep Pal repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If Luka were Portuguese you would tell us to sell him so Kovacic can play.

20. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Actually i think even a 36 year old Modric is a massive upgrade for them in their current state.

Deep Pal repped this.
  21. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    We don't sign 4 year contracts so we can give a raise 2 seasons later. If Modric had played badly, would he be asking for a lower salary because he 'deserves' it. Or would he then be keeping us to the contract both parties signed willingly and with sound minds?

I like Modric, and again I understand his pov, but from the club's standpoint I see no reason at all to give in to a better contract. Maybe if he was younger, but we already have his signature until he's 34.

22. kelvinphr

kelvinphr Member+

Aug 23, 2007
    Botswana
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Screenshot_2018-08-07-06-42-46.jpg
    Doesn't look like a man preparing to leave...

S1na repped this.
  23. Halycon

Halycon Member+

Aug 24, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Did ppl actually really believe these Inter rumors? Perez promising him a free transfer if we would win 3 CL's in a row.

Who de fck makes this shit up and even gets paid for it? Which president would make such a promise.

Shay Z repped this.
  24. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #199 fierro, Aug 7, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2018
    Nor does it look like person happy to be there.

Must suck to be the WC Golden Ball winner and have to two teams rating you like bench option to fill out the squad lists. One team is offering less than what a rookie transfer would cost and the other team doesn't think winning a CL and Golden Ball in the same year warrants a new contract.

25. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yes it must suck being Luka Modric right now.

******** me how miserable can one post be.

Shay Z and 9Qui repped this.