If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #101 Eddie, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    There's quite a few good footballers from ex Yu but none of them are better than Modric. Boban was pretty good as was Djukic (valencia defender, we faced him in UCL final), Dejan Stankovic and Mihajlovic.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's Boban with the "kick that started the war" in 1990.

Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017
    1020086010384998405 is not a valid tweet id

Deep Pal and Digital repped this.
  3. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Deep Pal repped this.
  4. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What?, it’s not Gareth?

5. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Tbh i thought it must be Ramos

Digital repped this.
  6. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Everyone wants a bit of Modric with them.

7. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Chinese club willing to offer 40M per season to bring Modric

8. Ayayain

Ayayain Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 29, 2017

Lyra, saadomar, PigBenis and 9 others repped this.
  9. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid

The stadium looked empty.

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Doni and 4 others repped this.
  10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    He is a champion and one of the best in history. Period.

Oh how I wish he could have won that WC and then the balon.

Anon., saadomar, Digital and 2 others repped this.
  11. russian hattie

russian hattie Member+

Feb 5, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Would be fitting for the Balon d’Or to stay with the club. Juve will be expecting to piggy back off our success.

saadomar, Deep Pal and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  12. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If Modric doesn't win Ballon D'Or this year, it will be exposed as a popularity contest.

Just how Iniesta was robbed of it. Modric will likely be too. But all Madridistas know who truly deserves the award...

Ahmadi8 repped this.
  13. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he still has a great shot. Ron disappeared in the semi and final of CL and that might become part of the media narrative. Modric bossed the whole time.

If Ron gets off to a slow start in Turin, i think he can lose it

14. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's a big if. We all know Ronaldo can bring nothing to the team and still average a goal a game, and that's what will be his reference point. If he's banging in goals he will win it again. Ditto for Messi who has to overcome a poor world cup but he can get back in it by scoring goals.

I'm not sure it is that simple for Mbappe and Neymar, they crashed out of the CL really early and either of Messi or Ronaldo would be scoring for fun in Ligue 1.

For Modric, its complicated. He's not going to score a lot of goals, never has. There is a good chance the team gets off to a slow start trying to figure out how to play without Ronaldo. Even if the team gets off to a good start it will probably be because someone like Bale or Vinicius is lighting the league on fire.

15. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    [Gianluca Di Marzio] "Inter has initiated contacts for Luka Modric. It seems impossible, actually the player gave opening and agents are working. A glimpse, in the great dream."

[Fabrizio Romano] "Inter dream of Luka Modric & they have been working for weeks in secrecy. Very complicated operation but contacts in progress with Real Madrid to really try"

1024406704639946752 is not a valid tweet id

16. sneakking

sneakking Member+

Sep 11, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    isn't this the same clown that Benz took a dump on?

S1na and Saeta Rubia repped this.
  17. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #117 Varnagel, Jul 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    Yup. Benz exposed Di Marzio for being a liar on his Insta story lol.

Di Marzio claimed that Napoli wanted to sign Benzema (before their president killed that rumour) and later suggested that the Frenchman spoke with Gattuso and secretly agreed a move to Milan lmfao.

18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    DiMarzio is not bad usually, it just looked like he was fed a bad story by someone at Milan. Considering this is probably our last chance to sell Luka Modric (not that i want us to) there could be some truth to it.

@Hendrix22 mentioned a couple of times it might be a good time to sell him. I love Luka and i would love to see him retire here but if we are looking at it from a financial side it makes a lot of sense to sell him now while his value is super high and play Kovacic in his place even tho he's still a few levels behind Luka. Bare in mind that i think and have been saying for a while that this is a transitional season.

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Is cashing in on Modric really a thing? I don't think his value is super high and neither are his wages.

madridista_hr repped this.
  20. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    We didn't know cashing in on Cristiano was a thing, so with Florentino you never know.

Cashing on on Benzema and Bale we know for certain is fiction.

21. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know what he's worth right now, i guess it depends on the teams needs. But he's the best midfielder in the world and this will probably be our last chance to sell him. I'd rather keep him, but i guess the silver lining of selling him would be that we get a decent amount of cash (50M-60M) and we get to keep Kovacic who would be a starter.

Inter would probably be willing to pay 50M for him, his wages are 12M / year (6M net).

22. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Selling Modric for cash is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. He isn't a player we should be selling to shore up our war chest unless he truly wants to leave himself.

23. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are we even entertaining this bs?

S1na and robnycus repped this.
  24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's gonna be 33 in September, it might not be, as you put it, "the dumbest thing you ever heard". As i said, i prefer to keep him but i can see the upside of selling him (cash + Kovacic gets to play).

25. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If he wants to leave and his last contribution to the club is that we can recuperate fair and substantial transfer fee. I have no problems with it. He's given a lot to the club, like Ronaldo, and he deserves the respect to have his decisions honored. He's 33 y/o and neither party is likely to get this opportunity again.