If God Played Football He'd be Modric - The Luka Godric Worship Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, May 29, 2018.

1. Hsain85

Hsain85 Member+

Mar 28, 2006
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ronaldo has always been a sore loser. He is no different than Mou in that aspect. It is only surprising because it is against a former “5 year” teammate.
    What an asshole.

2. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    No surprises there.. did he ever say thanks to the fans, team and teammates when he left ?
    I dont think he ever did ..
    Not even in any of his recent interviews.. all he’s said in reference to RM is that it is different at Juve where everyone is like family.
    That is all you need need to know about his narcissistic character.

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    One of the best players to ever wear the shirt though no doubt. Other than that, Ronaldo has always played for Ronaldo first and anybody else second.

J-Mezzy and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  4. CR7PT

CR7PT Member+

Real Madrid
    Portugal
    Mar 26, 2014
    Portugal
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    You must have not read the letter...

PigBenis repped this.
  5. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why are we talking about Ronaldo here? Modric is now probably the greatest footballer ever emerged from the former Yugoslavia and even the Balkans.

Dejan Savićević never won an individual award as big as Modric's award, did he?

Anon. and CR7PT repped this.
  6. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Yeah but does he have a museum of awards? I think not!

CR7PT repped this.
  7. PigBenis

PigBenis Member+

Sep 5, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Ok, let's not get that far fetched and do some research before posting something like this. He wrote a whole letter thanking everybody and it was posted on Real Madrid's website.

https://www.realmadrid.com/en/news/2018/07/cristiano-ronaldos-farewell-letter

8. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Is he starting to decline or is it just fatigue + age from the WC?

9. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He had few horrible matches at the beginning of the last season too. I think his minutes should be managed carefully. A fatigued Modric doesn't benefit us.

Digital repped this.
  10. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    While he isn't having the best of games, including yesterday's. He did pick up his fame in the second half.

I didn't think he should have been subbed off.

Digital repped this.
  11. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I also think that his start to this season has been a bit flat, can’t say why, our midfield is affecting the whole team both defensively and when attacking, ( it’s not just the last game that i’ve found them a bit off) no panic stations, early days, hopefully Luka and the whole midfield can get back to a good level soon, I don’t believe in guaranteed starters if players are not performing at a good level though

12. gladiator guti

gladiator guti Member+

Oct 31, 2005
    I don't think Modric can sustain J Lo high pressing game plan. This is a replay of Bilbao, he played closer to Bale than Ramos which leaves a big gap in the midfield. He is asked to press high and then is forced to rush back to defend. Modric best suite is in the middle of the park where he can control the game. The tactic in the last few games is ridiculous. I have the feeling J Lo asking everyone to go out there to kill the game in the first 30 mins or something. Bilbao/Espanol/Seville exposed the defensive lapse in the midfield. This will only get worse....

13. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    That can't be right.

It tales us around 40-50 minutes most times to get in rhythm and start dominating.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Looks likr Modric is getting off on that perjury charge.

Now our only wish is a fountain of youth to make him bath daily in.

Deep Pal repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Maybe as well as being tired from his exertions at the WC that trial, this close to the verdict, was also weighing on his mind and affecting his performances?, that fountain of youth would be great.

16. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Nah, dude is 33. His recovery isn't the same and we're demanding even more from him.

We are all seeing he has been the midfield; Kroos and Casemiro have only done specific specialty work. It's a lot to demand from one player.

Deep Pal and temesgen repped this.
  17. Deep Pal

Deep Pal Member+

Jun 19, 2013
    India,Kolkata
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    India
    Too much in our plate - replace the best goalscorer, the most successful coach , the best midfielder.

Sky is falling down , maybe ?

18. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Modric seriously needs to be benched for his own good.

The guy just became 33 years old and is consistently being overplayed.

No wonder he's been underwhelming throughout this season so far.

Nathanial Essex and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah I think both Luka and Toni need to spend some time on the bench, not sure how our midfield would hold up but it’s not performing well right now, change it up a bit use the squad especially against the lesser teams, we need a spark from somewhere

J-Mezzy repped this.
  20. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    No, we are not that bad. We lost a few games and perhaps, the season is done. But we probably have the best code of the young players in the world. I am highly critical of Asensio lately, but I also knew that he would be one opf the best in his generation. The same applied to Vin Junior. Ceballos is probably better than we thought. . Varane, Casemiro, Dani, Isco and Kroos are still in their prime!

I have been saying this.... we only need a natural goal scorer. Then, we will be the best team in the world with or without an aging Modric. Actually, Ramos is getting old too. We might need a replacement sooner or later.

Deep Pal and S1na repped this.
  21. Romanero

Romanero Member+

Oct 28, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Modric aint Ronaldo, and even Ronaldo wasnt playing everygame, we should bench him on easier games tbh

22. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    This should have been the season that Kovacic took his place.

23. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    If he had a shred of patience he would have.

Romanero, Deep Pal and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not so sure.
    our coaches seems constantly to bet on what use to works vs what should work.
    I'm not sure Kova would have more playing time and Modric would be benched. I just don't see it.

25. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Our problem in midfield has never been Modric.

It was all Kroos last year and a mixture between him and Casemiro this year.

ElCapitánSR4 repped this.