I started a website dedicated to the China NT

Discussion in 'China' started by cfb21, Aug 29, 2011.

1. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    http://chinesefootballblog.blogspot.com/

I'm trying to cover as much news as possible, unfortunately for me, I can not read Chinese text, meaning that finding news becomes quite hard, despite Google Translate's best efforts.

I'm hoping that some of the members on this board can help me make this a flourishing news site for English speaking fans of the China NT, seeing as it is quite hard to find news about them in English.

2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    as the china moderator, it is always good to see more awareness for chinese football.

however, you might realize you have some competitors man.
    there are two news sites, asianfootballfeast and wild east football, and your biggest competitor will be: CFA Team China's official site

good luck on your site, i can see you are putting alot of effort in it :)

3. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Thank you for this comment :)

asianfootballfeast: this one is just Asia in general, my one is exclusively for the China NT

wild east football: Big fan of this one, but they don't seem to update too much when it comes to the China NT

CFA Team China's official site: This one is good, but it's mainly the essential news isn't it? There will be a lot of stuff that they will not share, usually down to choice

4. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    We update when there's a story, though it is true we don't focus on it too much. Feel free to contact me or shanghaiultra, we'd be happy to talk about having you write for wildeastfootball.

A piece of advice, consider changing your host site, blogspot is blocked in China and I'm guessing a lot of readers would be expats in China or Chinese soccer fans studying English.

5. Only_ONE_United

Nov 30, 2008
    Vancouver/Hong Kong
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    Really appreciate your efforts for helping translate news on the Chinese NT for Chinese-illiterate folks like me :)

Cheers!

6. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    :eek: I'd love to

Lol fail by me

7. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Good effort mate.

just curious... how many posters here are ethnic chinese or asian who don't understand the chinese language? My chinese is not great but i understand abt 80percent of what they say in the chinese articles. Actually are there even non chinese here aside from the regular trolls?

8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    well according to the "How you rate the China forum" thread few years ago, wayyyy before when i became a mod, it noted that in the bigsoccer chinese forum:

there are three dudes from good old hong kong (me, shingkei, only_one_united), one shanghainese who always discriminate cantonese :D (xfactor, it's jokes man it's jokes :D), couple of caucasian, one singaporean (zhou botong), one japanese-indonesian who is very fluent in chinese (kenzhi), and others i am not sure lol.

i am also not sure other's chinese literacy level. i know teamdragon, chengb, ruazn, kenzhi, shingkei, zhou botong, and couple more could read chinese and translate them with no trouble.

other posters please feel free to open your identity here :D

9. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    Thanks for that, boss.

10. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I speak only a few words of Chinese and cannot read any, but I like following Chinese football (my wife is Chinese and I have been to China a few times)

11. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    haha, so you found a lameizi,and so are following sichuan? Too bad they're headed back down...

12. zuqiu85

zuqiu85 Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm an ABC. My dad was born in Taiwan but grew up in Hong Kong, so he grew up with soccer and passed that on to his kids. I'm following Qingdao Jonoon because that's where my wife is from. My Chinese literacy is so-so: I can read children's comics like 小叮噹 just fine but news articles are hard for me.

13. lu0hh

lu0hh Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Club:
    Guangzhou Yiyao
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    hiii, i was born in guangzhou and grew up in seattle. im a guangzhou fan but not a sounders fan lol. i actually follow vancouver because of long tan and the fact thatvancouver is a great city! ive been studying chinese for like 8 years. i can speak pretty well but news articles are pretty difficult for me :D

14. ruazn2

ruazn2 Member

Jul 25, 2006
    California
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    if you need some simple translation, i can help.

15. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hi all,
    i am your evil mod.
    i come here to troll and laugh at you guys when china team fails us again. :(

my bio:
    anyway i was born in hong kong, got kidnapped to vancouver, i still hate vancouver, i want to swim back to hong kong or macau.

my chinese skill:
    i am fluent in cantonese, mandarin, and english.
    i am trying to learn french but i can't fcuking pronounce the language and remember the grammar convention properly. je ne parle pas le francais -__-

i can read traditional and simplified chinese, i learned reading simplified chinese by consistently reading chinese football news posted on sina and 163.

my team china experience:
    watched them since 2002 world cup, the first team i watched them was the friendly between china vs. mexico in seattle.
    i was almost the only few chinese in the game, whole stadium was swamped with greens and mexicans, i was :eek:

my dream:
    watching china team in asian cup 2015 australia, maybe i will see jaredk there :D

16. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    No worries mate, we can share the "pleasure" of cnt getting kicked out early over a beer lol. i'm from fujian originally but grew up in aussieland. Spoken chinese not too bad, written less so. Spent some time singapore so i can speak singlish :)

17. jaredk

jaredk Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Club:
    --other--
    cheng, mind if ask where you from originally, mate? Are you an abc too?

18. gold4278

gold4278 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems like there are some very passionate soccer fans in Chengdu, but they are very upset that the management of the Blades refuses to spend any money (I saw a post on BigSoccer that had Chengdu as the team that spends the least!). Quite a contrast between the two teams that got relegated for corruption huh?!

19. cbg015

cbg015 Member

Jun 9, 2002
    Oakland, CA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am third-generation Chinese-American (Cantonese). I don't speak any Chinese at all. The Chinese national team is my second favorite national team (after the US.) I read this board once in a while. Actually this board is my only resource to the Chinese national team other than news articles and watching games on the internet.

20. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    As the name suggests ethnic han ren/tong yun. Born NZ, raised England/NZ. Spent some time in Beijing. Can speak mandarin yidian'r and read even less. As for Cantonese - ngo m'sic gong Guangdongwah.

Have followed China very sporadically - first up when it was knocked out of the 1982 WC qualifying games by NZ and then not much until 2002.

So big ups to this forum and WEF.

21. Yiddo Huayi

Yiddo Huayi Member

Jun 19, 2011
    Wellington, NZ
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    New Zealand
    Actually cfb21 - please do see about posting on WEF. I like your blog but really can't be *rsed looking at multiple sites. Plus you'll be in amongst quite a knowledgeable crowd of writers.

Cheers

22. shanghai_ultra

Mar 29, 2006
    Shanghai
    Club:
    Shanghai Shenhua
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    WEF in the house... cfb21 get back to chengB, I think your posts are good enough for us.

23. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    haha, we've been in touch...

24. YLbowman

YLbowman Member

Aug 15, 2011
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I am an American born Chinese

25. cfb21

cfb21 Member

Aug 28, 2011
    London
    Hey guys, can I get some feedback on the new banner I designed for my site?

[​IMG]

I'm not sure the red font compliments the orange dragon and purple phoenix, but I didn't know what colour actually would and red is probably the colour most associated with China, so yeah...

All criticism welcome :)