Hwang Hee-chan @ FC RB Salzburg 2016-2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by batumchange2, Dec 8, 2016.

1. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't see how yet another season playing on a team with an 18 point gap to 2nd and which will lose CL/EL due to Leipzig is ideal development for him. Yes he's still not a natural scorer, but might as well learn against higher level opposition where there's real pressure for goals.

killaorca repped this.
  2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Cause if he struggles to get playing time or to perform in a top league, his chances to be called up for the WC in 2018 are going to be zero.

With him scoring goals and with the lack of good FW we have, Hwang will have his place in Russia and surely will help his move to a big league.

Is it official that RB Salzburg won't play in the champions league?

Edit: Seems like the Buli club is in danger to not be allowed to partecipate in the champions league, not RB Salzburg...at least... according to this article

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...RB-Leipzig-allowed-play-Champions-League.html

killaorca repped this.
  3. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i prefer the idea of him using austrian league as a target practice while he still adjusts to the cf role but i wouldnt argue against him challenging himself at a higher league (pretty much says good bye to him ever getting converted into a proper cf until perhaps much later down the line). if the right offer comes along he can always transfer in winter. doesnt matter when they move attackers will get playing time at the very least substitute runs

4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    He was offside for the first goal lol

Barely touched the ball on his assist

Sons of Thunder and batumchange2 repped this.
  5. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Lol Lazaro with a great action for once. He's so overrated imo :p

6. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    LOL if Hwang's goal was an amazing one...then let's call by this definition every goal in world.

7. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, I think the point is that one will get kicked out and we all know that money will allow some reasonable compromise, of which Salzburg will most likely bear the brunt of it.

I understand WC wise but for any manager KNT or buying, not sure what you can draw from Austrian BL.

8. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    leave if he has good offer from good club/ league. there's no point of sticking around Austria.. not to mention, im not even sure Oscar Garcia will be there next season.

9. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    If RB Salzburg won't be banned from European football, it might a good reason to stay in Austria another season.

10. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    if they don't get banned, I can see an argument for sticking around group stages.

Marco91 repped this.
  11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I feel the same way tbh but at the same time it seems like Garcia has a lot of trust in Hwang. Also HHC needs to worry about the WC.

One thing for certain is how much he has improved. When he first came to Austria he had difficulty in scoring for Liefering. Then he started to score regularly and got promoted Red Bull Salzburg but he couldn't score a goal to save his life (he couldn't score for U23 national team as well). People then said he can only score in Austria second division. But this season he showed a lot of improvement when it comes to goal scoring especially in the second half of the season where he scored 7 goals in 14 apps. So if he takes the next step I'm sure he can adjust to whatever league.

Another thing but so far I he's the most promising forward we have currently despite how others might rate him. For example the other forward we have is Cho Youngwook but I feel Hwang showed a lot more when he played for the youth team (u23/u22). Hwang is way better technically and has more strength while CYW just seems like a good hustler. CYW might have an edge when it comes to shooting or finishing but his scoring isn't all that great either. He has a pretty weak goal scoring percentage as well. So I think if Hwang improves on his shooting, I don't see how CYW will ever catch up to him.

Also I hope HHC scores this June for KNT if he wants to be a starter.

Hodori and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  12. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #112 aeh1991, May 25, 2017
    Last edited: May 25, 2017
    Cho Young Wook is still young (3y younger than HHC), so difficult to compare them as CYW has yet to play for U22/23. And he can/will improve as he has a lot of talent imo, even tho he obviously has technical deficits.

Anyway, I agree on your point that HHC is the most promising FW we have atm and hope he can improve next season, too. I also agree that him staying in Salzburg should depend on Garcia staying or not. But the most important thing (and also the logical way) is that there has to be a good offer first. I don't see any higher league club already making an offer this summer. After WC2018 he can hopefully leave Red Bull.

Edit: To me, HHC and CYW have a lot in common, as having decent(CYW) to good (HHC) physical attributes, a good instinct and movement and an extremely hardworking style. While HHC needs to work on his shooting abilities, CYW needs to work on his technique, which HHC is way better at. IMO they resemble each other way more than for example the other KNT striker types such as PCY, KSW or LJH.

killaorca repped this.
  13. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Also scouts might see this half season as a fluke, and wait to see if Hwang can keep up this scoring streak for a long period or if he can perform at international stages (KNT and/or european football)

14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I even doubt that he has already caught the eyes of other team's scouts. But now that he belongs to the 3 top scorers in the league, sooner or later he will get attention.

15. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yeah, but that's a great news...it's time to work your ass off, not to be distracted about your next move.

16. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Are we not counting LSW when we are talking about the most promising FW atm?

17. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Cf

18. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Obviously not :)

19. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Hwang isn't a promising CF.... he hasn't shown anything in this position.

20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Of course, Ji has shown much more ;)

21. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    lol i wanted to write something like that, then i just let it slide.

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ji isn't a youth player anymore so he's not a "promising player". I was thinking of player under 23.
    As far as Korean CF goes, he's probably the best option we got, that's why I said "most promising FW". It doesn't matter how anyone else rate him, I just can't think of any other upcoming CFs that are better simply because there aren't any CFs with better potential. So right now HHC isn't really a CF but he needs to train hard and hopefully he can because a natural goalscorer. That's the only hope we got unless we want to rely on Ji till 2022 WC.

aeh1991 repped this.
  23. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I was being ironic because takeuchi seems to hate the idea of using Hwang as a CF despite the fact that HHC has played the recent games as a CF (the other FWs always played behind him) and started to score many goals in a row. If he hasn't shown anything, Ji has shown much less this season (relatively, as the German BuLi is obviously many times better than the Austrian). And I don't think Ji is a bad striker by any means. I just don't understand why one can't see Hwang is a promising CF. The word "promising" itself says that he is not "good" yet and has a lot of work to do. If he isn't promising, Hwang should stop playing football lol

killaorca repped this.
  24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    And from Hwang's age category, who is a more promising CF then? I really can't think of anyone else.

killaorca repped this.
  25. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well when Ji was HHC age, he showed more as a CF such as scoring in PL and AC. I don't mind having Ji as our CF till 2022 but if he's our only CF then that's a problem.
    The other option is having SHM somehow convert to CF but I think he's too old now.
    Then there's CYW, Kang Jihun, or maybe even Kim Gunhee. That's the best I can think of.
    So we don't really have the best upcoming CFs so our best option is that somehow HHC trains hard to be a CF which he needs to work really hard on. This season we saw him playing on top in a 4-4-2 formation, and the next step should be him playing as a lone striker. He has shown a lot of improvement over his professional career and he's relatively young so I hope he can make that adjustment.