Hwang Hee-chan @ FC RB Salzburg 2016-2017 [R]

Discussion in 'Korean Players Abroad' started by batumchange2, Dec 8, 2016.

1. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    The point @aeh1991 is making is that scoring 30+ goals in a season in the Netherlands is far more impressive haul than what the Korean players have achieved.

Also, just naming failed signings doesn't prove your point. Remember Suarez, Eriksen, and Vertonghen?

aeh1991 and seolseol repped this.
  2. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Exceptionally talented players, i think failures from that league are way more than successful players. I am just saying stats don't matter that much, the players that succeed they did due to their talent and not only thanks to some stats that caught the attention of many scouts.

3. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  4. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
  5. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    yeah, I think they wanted his industry for first game, but now they need goals.

6. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    #581 aeh1991, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    He's on now and showing good stuff already. He had one good shot blocked by the GK. Salzburg is incredible, it's already 2-0.

seolseol and killaorca repped this.
  7. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Marseille scores a goal in the 116th and are through, after a corner, which shouldn't have been one as the ball was clearly deflected by a Marseille player. It's very sad that the game has to be decided by such a poor referee mistake.

8. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Salzburg got away with 2 penalties. I don't think they can complain about decisions not going their way.

9. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Disagree. 1. they weren't 100% penalties and 2. they still got the rights to complain, no matter what they did, as long as it's a ref mistake.

10. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Thauvin scored his with left hand in the first leg, so it would be understandable if the Salzburg fans are angry with the refereeing.

seolseol and aeh1991 repped this.
  11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Very unfortunate game for Salzburg as Caleta-Car could've scored the winner.

12. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Never said they can't complain, and they are already complaining.

13. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I'm happy Salzburg didn't get to the finals. Let's go OM!

zdrstvte and jessypjs repped this.
  14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

:cautious::cautious::cautious:

jessypjs repped this.
  15. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    F*** red bull 10x over.

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    :laugh:

17. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    One goal and one assist today.

Seol Korea, Hodori, nmssis and 5 others repped this.
  18. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  19. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Nice goal by Hwang. His line breaking is class.

But what a pass by Mwepu! Salzburg is such a talent factory! They have a bright future even if some key players might move in the summer.
    There are already rumors that Haidara will replace Keita at Leipzig, while Mwepu will replace Haidara at Salzburg. There's also the 17 y/o Szoboszlai and many other great talents in Liefering. Not to forget Kim Jung Min :)

20. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    i have come to conclusion that if Salzburg is interested in one young player, regardless of wheter they will actually sign or not, it's like having pedigree on that given player. Of course, some are more talented than others but in general, if they are interested in you, you def have talent.

21. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I dunno. I think Salzburg just accumulates a ton of guys at multiple levels and lets em fight to see who survives.

22. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Natural selection right there for you. I think this pattern applies more to teams Porto. I don't remember players being thrown like trash by Salzburg. They try to develop anyone as much as possible, then again some are more talented than other so it's normal that not everyone survive.

23. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I don't think that they treat them poorly. But you are literally talking about tier 2 of a three tiered system which has enough depth to rotate the attack so much match to match.

the RB machine is a giant weeding machine. Nicer than some programs but still a giant lottery. Maybe they can be nicer given that Salzburg has so much minutes to spare with EL and the fact that RB doesn't do this for money, but to build a top tier Leipzig team.

And lets be honest, the chatter around HHC would seem to indicate either that RB feels this is the max value that HHC has (e.g. < Leipzig) and want to cash in on him or HHC's agency feels like he is being weeded out and will never reach Leipzig tier.

24. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Lol I disagree totally. That's 100% your assumption. RB Salzburg most probably want him to stay for one more season.

25. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    yeah you right about HHC, but even if that's the case, he joined a bundes team, not bad at all.

As for reaching Liepzig, not everyone can be good enough for this, but otherwise Salzburg helped (maybe?) HHC in his career in Europe...nothing we should complain about.