Human Weapon

Discussion in 'MMA' started by ssanchez, Jul 21, 2007.

1. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you live in the US and have the History Channel, you have to watch Human weapon. It focuses each show on a particular martial art and goes to the country of origin. Amazing for mma fans as we know we incorporate them all. Today they are doing muay thai, Close to my heart since a practiced for 2 years will bo back again soon. You gotta watch great show.

2. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Was yesterday the first episode?

I meant to record it but forgot about it.

3. Walter3000

Walter3000 Member+

Apr 8, 2004
    gainesville, Florida
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DAMN! missed it.

4. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was pretty good showed different variations of muy thai, I am sure they will have reruns as is their m.o.

5. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    I have it recorded now, but I haven't had time to watch it with all the soccer on tv this week. I need to get on top of this but I don't know if it's going to happen tonight.

6. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess we can all share in being fans of two fringe sports slowly working themselves into the mainstream.

7. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This show kicks ass.

I've watched the first two eps now (Muay Thai - Thailand and Eskrima - Phillipines), and I love how they don't just go into the techniques of the arts, but they also discuss the history of the arts and how they tie into the history of the country where it orginated. Each ep is apparently going to end with one of the two hosts fighting a master of the style.

Karate is next week.

8. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Finally watched the Muy Thai episode. Very informational and not that bad of a show. The hosts, however, got on my nerve and by the end I was hoping whichever of them had to fight the champ would get his ass kicked.

That said, I'll still watch (in hope that one of them will get his ass handed to him at one point :D)

9. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    I've enjoyed all of the episodes. The Savate episode looked like it nearly ended up with an ass kicking--I think the opponent might have been taking it a little easy on the host.

10. BigGuy

BigGuy Red Card

Apr 12, 2007
    Check this out

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WUwlB-RWeQw

Reverse the clinch Muy Thai knee will it work

11. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So more than 2 episodes have been aired? I've been downloading the show from my xbox and only the first 2 episodes are available and was a bit worried that the show was cancelled.

12. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    There are several now, judo being the last one.

13. NORML

NORML Member+

Aug 9, 2002
    Lake Wobegon, MN
    Club:
    NSC Minnesota Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    cool thanks

14. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Pankration ep was really good - I'm getting the impression that Jason is a better fighter overall, but Bill's strength and power lend themselves well to some of the fights.

This week's ep is Krav Maga, which I'm really looking forward to.

15. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pankration adn Muay Thai have been my favorite so far. Great show for us social missfits who avoid bars on friday.

16. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We're all still watching this show, right?

The last two eps have been good - Marine Corp Martial Arts and MMA.

The MMA ep had Cung Le, Forrest Griffin, Randy Couture, Ricco Rodriguez, Bas Rutten, on it. Really fun stuff.

17. ssanchez

ssanchez Member

Oct 15, 2000
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have not watched the Marine corp on but I did watch the MMA one. Can I just say, What the hell happened to Rico Rodriguez?? I remeber when he fought in pride against Noguera and they ripped him off from a victory. He is huge no wonder he no longer fights UFC.

18. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was always a partier and continued to do so after leaving UFC, apparently to the detriment of his training. He's failed cocaine and marijuana tests, so he's been in trouble for that as well.

In fact, he's going to be on a new VH1 show in the new year, "Celebrity Rehab."

Kinda sad that someone that once beat Randy Couture is now at that level.

(I do think Nogueira won that fight, but only by the slimmest of margins.)

19. YankHibee

YankHibee Member+

Mar 28, 2005
    indianapolis
    The sambo episode was good, but the sambo people put up some clown for the fight.

20. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Had a bunch of these DVRd, and just watched the one from the Phillipines tonight. Pretty sweet. I feel the one I missed was the Israeli Army episode...that seemed like it would have been the best of them all.

21. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As someone who actually trains in Krav Maga, I'd have to agree with that. :D

-- Not sure if the ep is still on the History Channel's Website, but you should go look for it there.

22. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Anyone else caught up on the show?

Kind of weird that the one ep, "Passport to Pain," aired, then two more eps aired immediately after, as "Passport to Pain" really seemed like a Season One Recap.

But I fear that the next two eps, Ninjitsu and Taekwondo, aired because...(result tagged if we aren't all caught up)

[result]Jason did his knee at the end of the Taekwondo ep and it looked to be a nasty injury, maybe even an ACL tear. If it's truly serious, the History Channel may have had the first two eps of Season Two in the can and decided to just air them while Jason recovered.

Hopefully Jason can get back to his best.[/result]

23. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I'll go give it a peek and see!

24. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Was flicking through the program guide recently and the History Channel is showing it again, so I set it to record on the DVR. Gonna take a look at it once the work dies down!