http://soccernews.bigsoccer.com/ Doesn't Know What Clubs Are In The Premier League

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by EvanJ, Nov 8, 2010.

1. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    http://soccernews.bigsoccer.com/ lists relegated clubs Hull City, Middlesbrough, and Portsmouth under English Premier League. Stoke City, Birmingham City, Wolverhampton, West Bromwich Albion, and Blackpool are missing.

2. CheeseAndOatcakes

CheeseAndOatcakes New Member

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Yeah it makes no sense.

I understand they talk about traffic but theres quite a few non traffic clubs on the menu so why not big clubs like Stoke City?

It's pretty dissapointing and makes the whole english league thing like ridiculous with names missing.

I mean imagine as a Stoke fan or one of the other clubs you join here and find your club missing from the selection, think you'll stay around? Most likely not.

3. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Apologies for that. Check out the page now. We've fixed it and done a couple of updates while we're at it. I hope you continue to stay with us. Also, feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The MLS section of that page is missing Philadelphia Union and the two clubs that will start next year, Vancouver and Portland.

5. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Added those three. Looking better now?

6. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, the two leagues I mentioned are now correct. Of course fans of other leagues like La Liga might want those clubs listed there also, but where do you draw the line?

1 person likes this.
  7. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Thanks now is there any chance of getting Stoke forum that displays on the left hand EPL menu?

8. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can look into doing that. If there's space on the page and they don't mind scrolling to find them, I don't see an issue. Thanks for the feedback.

9. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I hear where you're coming from and want to make everyone happy that we can.

Can you show me demand for that? Not ruling it out, but it would be good to know we're serving an appropriate audience when making a change.

10. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Thanks for listening!

Over the past few years we have seen many Stoke fans on the board and complain about a lack of having their own section.

I'm not suggesting for a moment they will have the highest level of traffic on the board but given Stoke has essentially just made another club in Orlando and they already have a section it seems a little odd.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1383

It's hard to get a thread that enough Stoke fans will see since they don't have a section and most haven't stayed around.

Also and I'm not just mentioning Stoke it seems odd to have the EPL displayed prominently and then have missing teams. It just looks incomplete like someone has forgotten the other teams. It also drives the fans of those clubs away since they don't have any place to talk about their teams.

11. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Thanks a lot for this feedback. I'll pass it along...

12. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Just to add to this.

I'm often forced to go into the other fans sections to see the banter about the game since we don't have our own.

West Brom (who Stoke spanked today) haven't had any new posts for nearly a month now! And the third post is from August!

So come on chaps be fair with us Stokies and let us have our own section! Plus we are sure to gain some new fans with one of the Stoke directors starting a club in the US! (Orlando).

13. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I wanted to acknowledge that I've read this. I sent it to Dark Knight, who runs the forums for review. He's really the expert. I'd like to make you happy if we can, but need a little bit of input from DKs experience first.

14. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Thanks for listening!

Although I shall not hold my breath give other posters have asked for the same in the past and nothing came of it.

We can but try eh?

Lee

15. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    How many regular Stoke posters are there?

16. CheeseAndOatcakes

Aug 20, 2008
    Staffordshire
    Club:
    Stoke City FC
    Probably about 10 of us but you'll usually find us in other sections since we don't have our own.

Then there's the Orlando and Aztek followers, although for obvious reason some of the Aztek followers no longer support Stoke.

17. Papadop

Papadop Member

Sep 19, 2010
    Metro Orlando
    Club:
    Orlando City SC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Orlando and I was fond of Stoke City before they brought the Aztecs here. I think Rory Delap is a genius. And I, for one, would post on a Stoke thread often.

I also think CheeseAndOatcakes is a genius even though I've never seen him make a throw-in.

1 person likes this.
  18. Fabregasfan

Fabregasfan New Member

Aug 20, 2009
    New York City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Genius is a strong word...