How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Benzema is working hard and its paying off. He took responsibility for this team, but this is as far as a Benzema-led team will go. He simply isn't quick enough to be the main attacking player. He has to be the complimentary player to a go to guy. If he has Mbappe and Vinicius on the flanks, he would be a great weapon to have as a false nine.

Bear Crotch and Deep Pal repped this.
  2. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid

temesgen, Shay Z, Eddie and 2 others repped this.
  3. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #9953 Varnagel, Apr 21, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
    If Benzema scored only 1 more goal in the remaining 5 games of this season, he will become the 4th player in Real Madrid history to score above 30+ goals more than just once. Hugo Sanchez became the 1st player to accomplishment that feat. After him, it was Ivan Zamorano & Cristiano Ronaldo.

Benzema is not an out-and-out striker And yet, it's something the majority of Real Madrid's CFs have never done throughout the history. Again, it's nothing but extraordinary for someone who isn't even a pure #9.

There's no doubt Madridsitas never really liked Benzema and tries to downplaying his goalscoring production to either "bad" or just "good". If it really was easy to score 30 goals over a season, many players would've already done that by now. The likes of Harry Kane, Luis Suárez, Aubameyang, Griezmann and other top forwards around Europe haven't scored 30 goals.

Without Benzema, I can comfortably say that Real Madrid would challenging to qualify for Europa League next season. He's easily Real Madrid's best player by a landslide despite having 3 different coaches and several of his teammates underperformed massively.

I hope realize what a complete forward Benzema is, he can master any types of role whenever Benzema is being tasked upon. This season is a proof of it.

madridista_hr, Shay Z and T2100 repped this.
  4. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Suaerz did it for Liverpool and has done it 3 times with Barcelona.. One season he scored 59 goals.

5. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    I'm talking about 2018-19 season where people are downplaying Benzema's 30 goals.

Again, many top forwards around Europe haven't reached that goal tally.

Luis Suárez is scoring 23 goals in all comps (so far).

Also, he's more wasteful than anyone else in LaLiga for not scoring easy chances.

Considering Suárez is playing next to Messi, he should do much better.

[​IMG]

6. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Well he is one of the best this season no doubt.

7. Saint Iker

Saint Iker Ronaldo's Right Foot

Dec 5, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who exactly is doing that? It's pretty unanimous that Benzema has been the best performer for the season and one of the very few bright spots for this club. Most believe we need a proper, capable backup for Benzema as we cannot afford another season with him as the only viable option.

8. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    #9958 T2100, Apr 21, 2019
    I wonder being a second fiddle for 9 years crippled him mentally and losing his striker instinct and confidence from Lyon and his early days in Madrid?

Fact that he was given a role to become a main man and lead the team in forward then scored 30 goals out of nowhere and have the highest assist in the team says it all.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His highest French League total was 20 goals. He eventually beat that in his third season in Madrid.

10. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It says how far can a club go when you make him the centerpiece of the offensive gameplan. I don't want to call it empty stats, but if he was the guy who can lead us to glory, rather than help someone else lead us to glory, we wouldn't have been in the position we're in today. Someone has to score, and I'm glad Benzema has exceeded expectations in this regard, but with from the eye test the attack just looks too static and creates very little chances.

11. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #9961 Varnagel, Apr 21, 2019
    You can easily search and look for the comments at RMBS (or anywhere else on social media) about Benzema not showing up in "big games". Especially against Barca x2 & Ajax where Real Madrid were officially eliminated from CdR/UCL & made it practically impossible for the club to catch up in LaLiga race. All within a week. But yeah, let's pretend it's Benzema's fault RM conceded 8 goals lol.

It's strange how all of Benzema's doubters start to say "he doesn't perform in big games" when he was ridiculed for scoring only 5 LaLiga goals last year. Nobody didn't belived But all of a sudden, they have some excuse to doubt him.

People have consistently complained on how bad Real Madrid have played against relegation/midtable fodders & it wasn't that far off for them to take a victory/draw.

Without Benzema, Real Madrid would be fighting for Europa League spot and I'm being generous here.

12. Raumdeuter

Raumdeuter Member+

Jan 14, 2009
    Texas
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Benzema doesn't score in big games? I remember him scoring in the CL semi and finals last season, He is the 3rd active all-time goal scorer in the CL

Take out Benzema, how many strikers can survive/produce goals consistently with this type of support cast you have this season

13. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Obviously, Benzema had definitely scored goals in "big games" throughout his entire career. It's ludicrous to suggest otherwise. However, people used discredit Benzema's crucial goals against Bayern/Liverpool because these were gifts by Ulreich/Karius. They also mentioned that those 3 goals were the only notable things Benzema ever did in 2017-18 season and was consistently crap due to his 5 LaLiga goals. Again, I'm just repeating of what his detractors previously said.

As for Benzema's CL-goals, you will find people who genuinely believes that majority of them came against teams that were projected to finish 4th place in Real Madrid's Champions League group.

I agree with you, Benzema's goalscoring production this season is brilliant if you take into account the circumstances of how bad Real Madrid have been.

Benzema is 2010s most underrated player from a top club in Europe's top 5 leagues.

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If Benzema wasn't here this season we'd clearly have a new striker in his place. It's so stupid to talk about where Madrid would be without him without knowing who would've replaced him. Can we let that dumb argument go?

The answer is in the middle. He isn't trash but he isn't the guy to lead the club to titles alone. It's pretty clear. Hopefully next season he has a serious challenge/partner up top along with higher quality wingers to help him with the goals and creativity. He has busted his ass this season, scored a bunch ot goals and has shown passion and energy that should make some of the younger players feel embarrassed. Let's not be so extreme.

Aimar 21, Stiliyan, Digital and 4 others repped this.
  15. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema leaving Real Madrid (lol) in last summer never happened, Pérez genuinely thought he would improve his goalscoring production after Cristiano left. Obviously, it's silly to think he (or anybody) can ever replicate 50+ goals a season, but Benzema has done a grat job with keeping a underperforming Real Madrid in top 4 spot.

However, Pérez would've broken the bank if Benz scored only 5 Liga goals again.

16. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Holy shit does he have tapes of you too and is forcing you to go around sucking him off?

You're annoying with your I told you so argument. Nobody is shitting on Benzema but let's not act like he's in the running for Balon d'Or. He's the only offensive outlet in a terrible season and that's great except we're not going to win anything and this is a season we'll forget as soon as it's done.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It seems like our transfer plan is to add one or two more of those. :D

18. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    If Benzema's teammates didn't shat the bed against Barca/Ajax, he would likely be a candidate for Ballon d'Or since it takes into account on how well a team does.

19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All this stuff is ridiculous, first van Djik, and de Jong, now Benzema?

janos audron repped this.
  20. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Van Djik has been amazing & Liverpool can potentially win EPL and/or UCL.

If he ends up at the Ballon d'Or podium, it will be 100% justified.

21. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    All first three places should be Messi. Easily.

22. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  23. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This right here is about the level Benzema is at, which is a very high level just not GOAT level as some would like to make it seem based on his career goal tally.

Ironically, Benz only gets to that goal tally through the longevity he was privilege to (thru favoritism) because none of those guys would have survived 10 years as an untouchable, automatic starter at the club after multiple seasons as follows...

24. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    Pure, unfiltered, delusional hate.

Benzema is a GOAT, as are other players on our squad: Modric, Marcelo, Toni Kroos, Ramos (and previously Ronaldo).
    There's nothing to argue here. Numbers don't lie. He would have had a perfect NT career had he been selected.

Raumdeuter repped this.
  25. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    All of a sudden Benz scoring hat tricks, the most pointless goals in madrid history. So it turns out this guy might end up having his best season ever at the same time this is Madrid's worst season i ever seen in my life. I hate this guy more and more everyday. Hopefully we get rid of him... but i dont think :(