How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    i completely agree with this assessment. Inter barely create anything, he literally has to feed on scraps for 90% of the game. Just watch them play. To compare the current incarnation of Benzema as a goalscorer to Icardi who recorded 29 league goals last season in a poor inter team is laughable to say the least.

2. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Perisic has been shocking this season. probably worse than Vasquez

3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And Icardi has been worse than Benzema. Makes sense that he'll renew his contract at Inter.

4. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    How has he been worse than Benzema? Do you watch inter play?

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Is this some kind of BDSM questionaire?

"He's feeding on scraps" would suggest that he can't create nothing for himself at all. Why would i pay a premium price for the Argentine Zigic?

6. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Icardi has 1 more goal in 7 less appearances than Benz despite being largely surrounded by donkeys. If he played in a fluid attacking system with superior players, his record would be immense.

Deep Pal and Hendrix22 repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    A player like Stuani can be close to the top of the scorers table, but that doesn't mean he has much of a Real Madrid format.

By your standards if we'd drop Stuani or Borja Iglesias in our lineup, he'd have a 30 goal season, easy.

Icardi looks better on paper than he is, but Serie A has had plenty of those players in the past few years.

8. Yannick Relens

Yannick Relens Member+

Real Madrid
    Belgium
    Jan 21, 2018
    Yeah I am not vouching for him either because I honestly dont watch Italian football . I just feel we might be looking for something we wont find at this time. We still need a poacher though.

9. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    Stauni & Borja Iglesias never scored 29 leagues last season in a top tier league neither did they scored 20+ league goals in 4 of the last 5 seasons consecutively.

10. Marco25

Marco25 Member

Sep 1, 2018
    @4x4s If Icardi is overpriced at 100 million, how much should he go for then since junk like Morata and Lukaku are going for a similar price: two players that don't have his goalscoring quality or pedigree.

Deep Pal and Hendrix22 repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Icardi is a proven great goalscorer. If you don't like him just say so, instead of these bs arguments. Striker with his record cost as much as they do unfortunately, and there is zero doubt he would be better for us than Benzema in the current setup.

12. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What I will say about Icardi is that he's been putting up solid numbers for a few years now, unlike some of the one season wonder players across Europe in recent years.

In the last four league seasons, the players who have averaged more goals per season have been Messi (+12), Ronaldo (+11), Suarez (+5), Lewandowski (+4), Kane (+3) and Aubameyang (+1).

Aimar 21 repped this.
  13. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lewandowski is even at the current moment, age and all, superior in practically everything. Icardi would be another Huntelaar in my opinion. Better touch, incredible with his back to the goal, good as an option to lay it off to another player etc.

Icardi will probably renew with Inter, there's reasons why a player with these kind of numbers doesn't have teams swarming around him.

14. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wouldn't call it premium in now days players economy, but by your logic, your saying "he's not that good, and we already have a not that good striker in the club, so why buy a new one?"
    If you want your club to continue and struggle to get to 4th place, then yes, your strategy is correct.
    As for bringing morata or falcao, I find it useless to bring a cheap or also very young and untested striker (not refering to morata or falcao, but in general) to our team. Nothing beside a hefty sum of money, a galactico level signing, will get Perez and solari to get benzema benched, so that is a waste of money at this point.

15. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The striker i would instantly love to see play for us is Lewandowski, even at his age he's still one of the physically fittest players in Germany. Most underrated striker in europe and a ridiculously complete player in term of abilities.

Icardi simply doesn't sound like a very exciting option for me, he's got a decent profile, but i don't know. Meh.

Deep Pal repped this.
  16. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I wish we could sign him. I just love how he plays. Bayern won't sell and Perez won't spent big on any 30+ years old player. In his mind he already a better 30+ years striker.

Eddie repped this.
  17. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder how long a fractured finger would keep a footballer out

18. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    4-6 weeks google says

19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He is great but went full Higuain against us last year lol

20. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You shouldn't even leave the game if it is anything less than a dislocated shoulder (or so I've heard).

Shouldn't keep him out long, mostly depends on level of discomfort (if he's willing to play with any pain and how important his pinky is to him).

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  21. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1084867521944174598 is not a valid tweet id

22. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn. I can remember breaking my thumb and getting in trouble at school for playing football (american).

I opted out of volleyball for gym class but the teacher caught me on the playground at lunch.

I for sure wouldn't have missed a game for my club soccer team.

Benz will be fine but his injury is not really the problem when we could be trying to line up a winter signing but instead Flo is pretending like this is all part of the plan.

23. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Give a week off and then bandage that finger up securely...…. give him pain killers and send him out to play. This shouldn't be a 3-4 week thing. We don't have a back up right now. He has to suck it up and play.

MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Pussy. People play with broken fingers in the NFL. Even QBs.

25. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Gets tackled, falls on his hands and breaks them again. I sprained my thumb once I could not even drive my car properly. No way I was going to do something that would easily aggravate the injury.

kurskolajno repped this.