How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    The best players want to be paid and win trophies. They don't a shit about guiding Getafe to the UCL.

2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ok so competitiveness is apparently something that can have any meaning. Its as if people haven't seen El Gato for ten years here and don't know how he is.

Again, Milan isn't Getafe either. And of course the challenge wouldn't be to guide Milan to the CL and thats it, thats just the first year of the challenge.

3. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    Footballers are taking the quick fix. Their career could end tomorrow. The best don't care about challenges, they want to go somewhere to win trophies and make money.

Serengeti_Boy repped this.
  4. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Benzema loves Madrid and is loyal, lets just give him a lifetime contract then. I guess Raul, Redondo, R. Carlos, Iker and every other player who ever left to play somewhere else is just a greedy mercenary who was only here for the money and never deserved to wear the shirt.

I'm sure Zidane and Ronaldo love the club too, except they realized that this chapter had come to a close. There was nothing left for them to give to the club and it was time for a change, it was for the better.

People on here talking like Benzema is some spring chicken who is going into his peak and will emerge from Ronaldo's shadow as the new Balon d'Or.

Benzema staying may be out of loyalty, or maybe it's the lack of options. Playing at Real is the pinnacle of a players career in most cases and Benz is going to milk that cow for every drop but the club has to realize after all this time that this is a player that has to be pushed (out).

ABB94, Arcticmandaly and Hendrix22 repped this.
  5. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Why would Benzema leave Madrid when he has struck gold? He can continue to put in under-par performances and be the laughing stock of the team yet still be one of the first name on the team sheets. Who in their right mind exactly would leave such privileged circumstances?! Next season with CR out of the picture, I'm eager to see how he performs without the former's humungous shadow shielding his incompetencies if we really don't sign a top forward.

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    3 in 3 in CL semi finals and final last season. He's not at his peak anymore, but there's a huge chance we're not winning anything without those 3 goals last season. Which sometimes i think people would prefer to Benzema doing well. Let's just lose so we can get rid of the players i don't like cause i'm a baby.

Shay Z repped this.
  7. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So, who's gonna replace him? Let's not forget that we need 2 strikers.

8. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Eddie repped this.
  9. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was pretty good tonight.

10. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was good tonight in the 2nd half. Like the whole team got worst in the 2nd half.
    It will take him a few good mental years to get rid of the CR shadow, we all know how delicate his confidence is. Still, he is the only capable forward we have this season.

11. MerlinRM

MerlinRM Member+

May 5, 2014
    NorthEast USA
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I really believe he'll have a good year. He was awesome tonight.

12. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    3 goals in the last 5 games in one month I believe. Benzema has step up his game.

Shame that he will be scapegoated every time Ramos, Marcelo and Carvajal gives the opponent free goals.

Excape Goat repped this.
  13. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    Well done on getting the goal but Benzema has near to 0 football intelligence. Kept drifting wide to get the ball, leaving no one in the middle.

14. saadomar

saadomar Member+

Real Madrid
    Mar 21, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    #9339 saadomar, Aug 16, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2018
    Let this sink in. We are 1 injury away from Borja Mayoral leading the charge. Wow.

15. AppleBob86

AppleBob86 Member+

Real Madrid
    Jan 11, 2018
    Is it me or does Benzema seem a bit more 'free' now Ronaldo has gone?

16. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    Heavily disagree. You can shit on him for his finishing or goal scoring number but his football intelligence is up there with very good 10s. He reads situations very well. His role takes him away from goal and that annoys people but meh. Find a different slant.

HZinho repped this.
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. I think Atletico's tactics probably had something to do with pushing Benzema wide, and he's "intelligent" enough not to get stuck in there and take an a$$ whooping.

However I will say, despite Benzema and Bale putting in good performances, about as good as we are gonna get from them, it wasn't good enough to overcome a poor defensive performance. Bale and Benzema both playing at or near their best are only good enough to combine for 1 goal against Atletico. That is worrying for two reason. 1) they are not good enough to secure the points when the defense has an off game; and, 2) who is gonna pick up the slack when Bale and Benzema have an off day, are injured, etc.

S1na repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    2EEBB312-87B8-442B-ACAC-76136825488D.jpeg

Damn.

libertao and Doni repped this.
  19. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Forwards in possession sides often do that, it's quite usual to see them drift to the sides or even the middle to help out or switch positions. I've said this many times this summer: we will see the front 3 switch positions a lot and you can count in 1 midfielder in that rotation too.

9Qui repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Drifting to the side is his instinct, but it made sense when there was Ronaldo out there. Now it just leaves a huge empty space upfront.

Benzema is finished at the highest level, and has been for a couple years now. Its laughable that people are complaining about Mayoral en masse, when our starting striker is Benzema.

22. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I always find it funny that now it's you criticizing Benzema and some of us defending him :D.

Umar repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have loyalty only to truth and reason;)

24. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yet at times you fail to see it when it's so obvious.

When we were criticizing Benzema, there were plenty of available world class forwards out there, when you are criticizing him there's like 0 world class strikers available and even the ones who wanted to join like Lewa weren't allowed by their club.

I'd be fine with him being benched for Lewa or Cavani, but i always thought the chances of us signing them were slim to none i am fine with Benzema who by now is a very experienced striker and really an important member of the team. There's few Madridistas in our team currently but i believe Benzema is one of them.

25. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    When you were criticizing Benzema he was a 15-20 goal per season player who was crucial for our game being Ronaldo's partner. He was just as Madridista back then too, but it didn't seem to matter. I appreciate his madridismo, but the guy went through many injuries that took away his athleticism and now he's a 5 goal per season player.

The most important point is that Benzema is a great linkup player, but this is not what we need now.