How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

2. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema's statement on IG towards Di Marizo who made that rumour about "Benzema > Milan" rumour and would ditch his agent

"You should change your job."

--------------------------------------------------

For context behind this story.

3. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017

4. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He ain't going anywhere.
    Perez still thinks in the BBC terms. He still think benzema is one of the top 5 in the world.
    Who knows, this year, without the CR shadow, he might me wrong prove that Perez is right...

5. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    When Benzema starts next year will people still blame Zidane or will they say Lopetegui's great grandmother was Algerian and Benzema is like a son to him? :whistling:

Eddie repped this.
  6. Ssr9

Ssr9 Member+

Real Madrid
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sydney
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mali
    Don’t know why we would sell Benz ...just get him some good competition/partner up front. Very good footballer who bleeds white and great in the locker room.

Shouldn’t necessarily be our indisputed starter but I would definitely keep him.

It’d be interesting how he will be in the post Ronaldo era....I have a feeling he’ll be out to prove himself....I expect a good season from Benz.

Shay Z and natenate101 repped this.
  7. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Good for Benzema for calling out an idiot making up fake news.

Shay Z, madridista_hr, Ssr9 and 2 others repped this.
  8. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    1020618531770109952 is not a valid tweet id

9. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ludovic Fattizzo (Intermediary): "It's true, I met the Milan managers with the representatives of Karim Benzema but I can not add anything else." [@DiMarzio]

10. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    LOL and who the ******** is that guy?

Shay Z, YOUNGSTARS87 and Varnagel repped this.
  11. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Its really indicative about Benzema's personality how he doesn't see the current context as the last possibility to find a new challenge, after winning everything here. The guy is complacency personified.

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  12. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    #9287 Varnagel, Jul 21, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2018
    On one hand, you've a player & his long-term agent saying something.

In the other side, a journo & his source saying something.

From what it looks, it's a draw (for now) but I personally still have trust in Benzema's camp regarding this story. Djaziri would be a bit silly for laughting to the evocation of Benz's future as a RM-player

13. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Selling ronaldo but keeping benzema? lol this is like my worst nightmare come to life.

yoanaidarov repped this.
  14. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Milan isn't a challenge. It's an abyss.

15. kurskolajno

kurskolajno Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Or its Benzema and his agent saving face for negotiating behind the back of the club.

ABB94 repped this.
  16. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Milan is the most decorated European club after Madrid, looking to get back to the previous glory. What would be a better challenge than leading that campaign? It has a huge fanbase and the city is one of the best in Europe.

Its funny how people are critical of players taking the easy road to titles (City, PSG, Juve) but then at the same time they scoff at the idea of taking on a bigger challenge.

Besides, the problem is not Milan anyway. The problem is that Benzema doesn't want to go anywhere.

S1na and Raul-7 repped this.
  17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Karim Djaziri (Benzema's agent): “Mr. Ludovic Fattizzo and Gianluca Di Marzio please have respect for the immense club that is AC Milan and the one equally immense as Real Madrid and its player, Karim Benzema! Thanks."

18. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    A challenge isn't going to a club that literally has no expectations right now. They are out of the CL and probably have little hope of getting back there. They have no shot at the league. What is the challenge there? Just chill and drift away? You're talking about the past. Milan is not what it was and it may never get back there.

19. Phenom9

Phenom9 Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Ronaldo WANTED to leave...Karim doesn't.....

20. yoanaidarov

yoanaidarov Member+

Real Madrid
    Bulgaria
    Sep 29, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Of course he doesn’t want to leave. He won’t get the same treatment in any other club.

Arcticmandaly repped this.
  21. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is precisely the challenge. It is a candidate for the CL, if Benzema manages to take it there, then he would have achieved something as 'the man' at least. Signing a big name like Benzema would also be a statement of intent that might pull other good players. And yes history means a lot. The challenge of taking Milan where it used to be (or at least closer to it) is better than going to a rich club with no history (Neymar to PSG) or a place where you easily stroll to titles (Ronaldo to Juventus)

22. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    I'm absolutely positive Ronaldo would rather win the league with Juventus even if it was the 100th time in a row for them than restoring Milan to make the UCL.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Your opinion of Milan is as far away from reality as possible. If he wanted that "challange" Napoli is a far better place to do it.

24. Raul-7

Raul-7 Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 17, 2006
    Milan is the bigger club; they're just currently a 'wounded beast'. They have 7 CL's [second only to us] - and not too long ago had the likes of Shevchenko, Maldini, Kaka, Crespo, Nesta, etc.

25. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People are living in the past. That was more than 13 years ago. They've lost their financial ability. Their stadium is a mess. They're a mid table club that has not kept up with the times. They are not an attraction to any top footballer.