How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheDude47

TheDude47 Member+

Jun 17, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Obviously it’s very much leaning on Benzema’s part of the story, but I would be lying if I said I wasn’t ticked off at the FFA after watching it

2. crow80

crow80 Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 31, 2015
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Excape Goat repped this.
  3. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What's the other side of the story? He was found innocent, he's playing for one of the best teams ever in the history of the sport, he has the experience and skills to play at the highest level and is pretty lethal in formats with group & KO rounds.

4. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Hm, lets see.

Bale - made of glass
    Benzema - 5 goals per season
    Ronaldo - 33 year old on a decline, inconsistent (5 goals until January), highly depends on service.

on the other hand

Salah - best player in the Premier league. 44 goals in 52 games
    Lewandowski - bundesliga top goalscorer in the past two years. 41 goals in 48 games.
    Neymar - not sure description is needed. 28 goals in 30 games.

Right, I'm the one that needs to wake up.

5. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Keep dreaming lol

Delivered 10 assists and has created most goals per 90 in LaLiga alongside with Messi, Pablo Fornals & Ousmane Dembele.

But that doesn't suit your narrative about Benz?

Salah has been phenomenal this season and he's indeed EPL's best player.

Remains to see if he can replicate his form in next season.

Besides, Liverpool won't sell him in this summer anyway tho.

Scoring a top scorer for Bundesliga when you're playing for Bayern isn't exactly the hardest achievement if we're being honest to ourselves. Also, Aubameyang (who joined Arsenal in January) was the 2nd highest top scorer until in the middle of April. Which says quite a lot tbh.

Lewandowski has been mainly irrelevent in CL KO-stage and hasn't done a memorable for Bayern for the past 4 seasons. Sure, he scored 11 CL-goals in KO-stage but majority of them are just statpadding when Bayern were practically eliminated or winning by a large margin anyway. Understandable why Bayern fans are fed up on him.

Same reason for Neymar as above regarding the level of domestic competition he's playing in.

And PSG aren't interested to sell him.

T2100 repped this.
  6. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Great analysis on Benzema's performance vs. Liverpool

https://streamable.com/o01yd

If any other player was this good, he would've been praised like there's no tomorrow.

But since it's Benzema, he's being overlooked as usual whenever he plays brilliantly.

Deep Pal and T2100 repped this.
  7. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Dude ,please. Being overlooked my ass. The guy is still at Madrid and starting despite barely scoring for the last few seasons.

8. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was pretty fantasic in the semi finals and the finalswhile bigger names compeltely choked.

Yannick Relens repped this.
  9. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    Benzema doesn't gets any appreciation on this forum for his overall contributions, so he's certainly overlooked. The thread is mostly active when people are looking for a scapegoat when things aren't going well.

Yeah, he's still at Madrid as a starter because of merit and is the most important player to make the attacking game tick. Perhaps you should start waching games than just solely following RM on LiveScore? :)

T2100 repped this.
  10. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who can take you seriously when you use absolutes which are obviously not true. "Benzema doesn't get ANY appreciation ". Yeah,sound argument my dude.

He got plenty of praise for him semi-finals and final but everyone knows that he only turns up for like 5~ matches per a year.

Another sound argument. You're saying that I don't watch matches because I stated a fact that Benzema is starting while barely scoring. Watching matches will change the amount of goals that he scored?

Your last argument of chances created and link-up play is literally the only praise-worthy reason about Benzema and it's been abused to death on this forum already.

Deep Pal, Phenom9 and MiamiNative0722 repped this.
  11. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    There is a saying that if he wore the number 10, he would be praised.

12. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Don't know why people don't agree with this. If transfer fees wasn't an issue (and Neymar's crappy attitude) I would trade those 3 right now for the 3 we have. Overall age, movement (speed), total goal tally (potential)

Reality is that Neymar is not for sale (and a bitch) I wouldn't pay the required money for Lewandowski at his age, and Salah will cost 300 million. But if we could do a straight swap, hell yeah.

Romanero, raven3k, Saeta Rubia and 2 others repped this.
  13. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Not sure its impossible, we have spent close to nothing in the past seasons and won three CL titles which brings a huge income. Selling the BBC should raise around 300 million. Neymar, Salah and Lewandowski would not cost more than 500 million combined, so in theory could be doable.

14. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's impossible.

Liberpool aren't selling Salah this summer and PSG won't sell Neymar unless he throws a biggest fit in history and UEFA pressure them with heavy sanctions.

We shouldn't even want Lewa. I can't believe people are complaining about players age and wages yet they think Lewandowski is an option.

janos audron repped this.
  15. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Myth IMO, part of his own “attacking game” should be putting the ball in the back of the net with more regularity recently, he is afterall supposedly a 9, if he isn’t then let’s get some strikers in there that can score and he can fight it out with the other attacking mids in the squad for a place, where he can “link up” and “pre assist” as his only job, simple

Yannick Relens and Arcticmandaly repped this.
  16. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In fairness to Lewandowski though his best attributes will not be declining very soon so I see him in 2 or 3 years as the same player he is now.

And it’s comforting to know we’d have an elite striker to maximise our chances of another CL whilst making the most of Modric and Ramos’ final top tier level years with us.

The price tag is a problem for me though for a player at that age.

17. crow80

crow80 Member

Real Madrid
    Aug 31, 2015
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Off topic about Benzema:

His UCL shoes were put on auction two days ago in Bahrain (for charity) and it was sold for BHD8,000 (approximately USD21,000).
    He also donated a UCL (final) ball which he autographed (along with Bahrain's king and one of his sons) and it was sold for BHD55,000 (approximately USD146,000) :eek:

The last amount shocked me, so I thought let me post it.

Deep Pal, yoanaidarov and S1na repped this.
  18. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    He's the fourth highest goal scorer in CL history now. Equal with Ruud who he will surpass next season. Only Raul and the two aliens ahead of him.

Deep Pal and T2100 repped this.
  19. Nathanial Essex

Nathanial Essex Member+

Real Madrid
    England
    Mar 19, 2017
    He's the physical embodiment of an oxymoron.

Deep Pal repped this.
  20. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
    #9220 T2100, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    To make it even more impressive, he was regularly rotating with Higuain for 4 years and was Ronaldo’s sidekick for most of his career.

21. AutomaticSnake12

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Nov 20, 2017
    Benzama will never be a legend in my book. I will always remember his comedy CL 2018 goals. For me Bale and Marcelo join the ranks of LEGEND, along with Raul, R. Carlos, Zidane, F. Hierro, Puskas, Gento, Di Stefano, S. Ramos, Casillas and of course C. Ronaldo.

22. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Benzema is a top ten scorer in Madrid history winning 4 CL along the way.

Who cares what some nonentity who hasn't accomplished shit thinks of him?

raven3k, Castillas, AriGold and 2 others repped this.
  23. S1na

S1na Member+

Real Madrid
    Jun 1, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Benz has contributed more than enough to be considered a legend
    Wtf

Deep Pal repped this.
  24. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    His two goals this season in CL would guarantee reruns over and over again for years to come.

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Bale being a legend while Benzema isn't. Lmao.

9Qui, ahnaf, Deep Pal and 5 others repped this.