How You Like Me Now? - The Karim Benzema Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Shay Z, Dec 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    No, but he's allowed to criticize a non-Madrid striker for having a bad run like Suarez.

2. Arcticmandaly

Arcticmandaly Member+

Oct 6, 2015
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How a starting striker at real madrid can be goalless in every final is beyond me.

Its laughable how much benzema got away with over the years, by being carried by others because of this link up play with ronaldo myth.

nordique, janos audron, zeemov and 2 others repped this.
  3. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    https://en.as.com/en/2017/11/06/football/1509976278_277979.html

This was supposed to be part of it but didn't realise it was two separate posts.

Goes on to compare how previous Madrid strikers are currently doing in comparison to the Frenchman.

4. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We lost a superstar in morata :(

5. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    For that you should blame the coach and the president.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Morata has yet to score over 20 goals as a season total in his career at 26. Higuain scored 22 League goals with the same amount of playing time in Madrid. He crushed everything with 27 League goals as a starter in Madrid.

Morata isn't as strong as Higuain was for us and people mostly forgot about him.

Bear Crotch and S1na repped this.
  7. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who knows what will happen in the future, but I for sure, without a doubt did not view him as such when he left, Morata helped last season, and I think he probably deserved more mins when Benz was dire, but he is as inconsistent as Benz in terms of goalscoring IMO, and had his own lackluster moments last season, I say again, good luck to him at Chelsea

Bear Crotch and YOUNGSTARS87 repped this.
  8. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Higuain was naturally more gifted than Morata though. He scored that 27 league goals at 21/22 years old in probably his only season at the club as an undisputed starter when everyone was fit.

9. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    I blame them for not replacing him, not for selling.

Bear Crotch and Digital repped this.
  10. zeemov

zeemov Member

Jan 3, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    True higuain was more consistent league wise but higuain scored almost nothing in important games for us and arguably at juventus and Argentina (same as benzema)... morata relishes in those games and that's what makes him a superstar that can easily overtake those 2 especially considering he is rather consistent aside from a few games

11. Lyra

Lyra Member+

Apr 29, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  12. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I'm not a Benzema defender but I think this paints an unfair different picture about Benzema.

It also seems to be focused on La Liga as well.

The below table i have compiled and I have excluded any friendlies and international goals/ etc:

upload_2017-11-14_13-53-26.png

Source is this website:
    https://www.fctables.com/players/karim_benzema-264584/

Deep Pal, S1na and Shay Z repped this.
  13. ABB94

ABB94 Member+

Feb 18, 2015
    England, UK
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If i would have said last season that Benzema would have as many League goals as Ronaldo by mid September people would've laughed.

15. Ahmadi8

Ahmadi8 Member+

Apr 14, 2005
    Bahrain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Bahrain
    I would have laughed because there would be no way he would score into double digit goals before the second half of the season.

ahnaf and Deep Pal repped this.
  16. Varnagel

Varnagel Member+

Nothing
    Sweden
    Jun 4, 2017
    932271777597845504 is not a valid tweet id

932275867102908416 is not a valid tweet id

932276023319846912 is not a valid tweet id

932276983962259456 is not a valid tweet id

17. MaxY

MaxY Member+

May 24, 2016
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You can defend him all you like, we need to get a stop-gap CF this winter.

janos audron, yoanaidarov and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  18. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I'm pretty sure the 'stat' is that Isco is joint top goal scorer for the club.
    A dumb opinion is still a dumb opinion even though somebody tweets it.

ahnaf, yoanaidarov and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  19. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    It's true. Benzema hustled all game. Cristiano? Not so much.

For me Benzema, Isco, Kroos and Casemiro were great. Cristiano was shit and Modric was non-existent besides two tackles and a shot.

Varnagel repped this.
  20. SayWhatIWant

SayWhatIWant Member+

Jan 10, 2015
    I think part of this is on Zidane. Love the guy, but I think he's contributing to the issue.
    Ronaldo and Benzema roughly have their roles flipped. The former is in the box at all times, while the latter is coming in via the wings and playing from deep. There's a lack of congruence and I'm not sure why

21. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    so is Benz a striker or not?, if he is then he is not doing his job properly, because he’s not scoring, actually he’s barely been even threatening the goal far less scoring, if he’s not then if we need someone to play his role, and just play well and facilitate but not score we have others on the team that can do that just as well IMO

This does not exclude Ronaldo who is also not playing well, no excuses for either of them , Ronaldo has gotten the patience he has because of the 40 per season for about 5 years straight now, but patience is ebbing away, they’ve both been poor and have to perform.

22. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    He is AM - without attacking.

temesgen repped this.
  23. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    I read this morning Cristiano and Benz have the worse strike rate in all of Europe and in club's history. This long stint in only happening because they are not getting benched.

Digital repped this.
  24. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Both of them will never get benched (unless you call sitting out a meaningless cdr game - benched)

25. El-CapitanoR7

El-CapitanoR7 Member

Oct 30, 2008
    La la land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    A post of mine from 2013:
    "If the club starts with Benzema as the "star" forward for one more season then our staff is clueless. Benzema and Higuain were both taught the SS position since they were younger( popularized by players like Baggio, Maradona, Pele etc.) they are best running from midfield and acting as dummy runners to the main attackers, or acting as the # 10 and dictating play from an attacking midfield role. I hate how some people compare Benzema's skills to Ronaldo's (R9). Benzema will never be a good CF, he does not have the ability to position himself as a poacher, his reading of the game is average. His ability comes with the ball at his feet, without the ball he is useless.

Cavani or Ibrahimovic are both excellent options for this team. One thing I do not doubt is that Ancelotti will play players where they will shine. Mourinho was too strict and rigid with his tactics and players often looked like machines out there.

Here's to obvious changes and attacking football."

S1na repped this.