How To Resell World Cup Tickets

Discussion in 'World Cup 2018 - Russia' started by DeMpSeYfan6, Sep 19, 2017.

1. DeMpSeYfan6

DeMpSeYfan6 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    fullerton
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Planning on going to Russia next year and was going to apply/buy the 5 game location package. My question is, if I don't want to see one of the games, how can I get around Fifa regulations? I was in France for the Euro's and even though they had the same restrictions, it was quite simple to sell. Will Russia be any different?

2. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Adelaide, South Australia
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

This forum has many veterans of tournaments who trade with same like members on here. Traditionally we've sold them at face value with people we have got to know on here and others we will get to meet at pubs and general meetups for Pregame beers and trading of tickets . You would be surprised how many of us in here have actually met. Amateur touting is very much not allowed. Hope that helps

Federico Insua, bungadiri and wixson7 repped this.
  3. rooboy91

rooboy91 Member

Apr 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Had some people here trying to sell at inflated prices last world cup.

4. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

We try our best to name and shame them I'm sure you've seen and read @rooboy91

rooboy91 repped this.
  5. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    @DeMpSeYfan6
    there are enough tickets sought here, and experienced members of the board will let you know who is to trust. apart from that yo can put em all for resale on the FIFA website if you do not need them. If they are going to sell or nott depends mainly on the matchup and venue

Stuckin1au repped this.
  6. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Give a shout out to Chris R. On here who traded a pair of finals tickets to me and Lucho for r16 tickets and price difference.

Rwalter, BMfutbol16 and Stuckin1au repped this.
  7. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    People on here are pretty cool. You will get some flakes but for the most part I found people pretty honest and helpful. Even still trying to help while abroad while the tournament is going.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  8. BuddhaWake

BuddhaWake Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Philadelphia
    I sold two tickets from last world cup to 2 members here. They might have been recent newbies but word gets around quick as to whom to trust and who is trying to rip people off charging way extra. There are some pros here that have done multiple tournaments so constantly check here.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  9. wiz0rd

wiz0rd Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Moscow
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    You won't be able to sell tickets at the WC2018.

If your ticket name does not match the fan ID while entering the stadium, you won't be let in.

So you can't just sell it to the next person. If you can't go, you're pretty much SOL.

I believe there MIGHT be a procedure of going to the fan center and re-issuing tickets under a new name.

10. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Sorry to burst your bubble my friends were at the confed cup and they only checked the FAN ID and didn’t care about the match ticket.

sart91 repped this.
  11. wiz0rd

wiz0rd Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Moscow
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    my bubble? i HOPE that would be the case for everyone, but it won't be. i'm simply warning. my friends are in security and the enforcing of it is strict. some guards won't do it but most will. just don't be upset if that happens to you. If you get in with another name - that's an exception (luck), not the norm.

and there'll be nothing you could do, even if you stand and complain all day long. you will simply be refused entry and be told to read the terms and conditions about name transfers.

it's not about FIFA this time, it's about RFS and the request of the bureau of security.

see thread here:

https://www.bigsoccer.com/threads/russia-2018-ticket-thread.2038931/page-18

12. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia

Normally the Confed Cup is a dummy run for anything new that fifa or the host nation want to test. If they were taking the fan ID seriously and they were I’m told but ignoring the match ticket then that tells me that either they got lucky with some careless security guy when my friends went thru the checkpoints. You must understand this forums skepticism as we’ve been hearing of new improved security measures every World Cup and every World Cup people swap/sell/trade tickets so if your right thanks for the heads up and trying to warn people but I just can’t see It and will take my chances and if I eat a ticket so be it.

13. wiz0rd

wiz0rd Member

Sep 5, 2009
    Moscow
    Club:
    CSKA Moskva
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia

" tells me that either they got lucky with some careless security guy when my friends went thru the checkpoints. "

that's precisely it. it's better to be informed and aware than surprised. you can TRY, but as long as you're mentally prepared to be denied and not be upset if it happens.

14. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    With USA out. I get the feeling there's gonna be a couple thousand more available tickets

Stuckin1au repped this.
  15. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    6 million ticket requests in Brazil after the first phase
    3.5 million in Russia for same phase

Stuckin1au repped this.
  16. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Online reports England requests dropped out of the top 10 countries

Stuckin1au repped this.
  17. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    The security was pretty tight during the confed cup if I remember. Couldn't even bring my backpack past the ticket takers; had to store it.

Stuckin1au repped this.
  18. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Looking at Wikipedia the average stadium capacity is 45000 (two 35000 balanced by two 68000 @ st petes and 81,000 final stadium in Moscow)

45000x64 games = 2,880,000

3,496,204 requests. If you requested outside of Moscow, St. Petersburg, and Sochi you're probably getting all ur tickets. Maybe Kazan might be more difficult too.

19. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Maybe they released 3/8 of the tickets this round. Next round will be 1/8 + the left overs

20. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Not sure Sochi should be a problem. Due to its size and being in Moscow I reckon Spartak will be the biggest problem in the early stages.

21. jesta

jesta Member+

Feb 9, 2014
    no surprise after what happened in marseille

still, while demand for the world cup is good (only germany and brazil were better), demand from english fans is surprisingly low indeed! guess it was never worse!

22. tudobem62014

tudobem62014 Member+

Feb 26, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Was their previous conflict between English and Russian fans? What the history behind that?

23. Ric_Braz

Ric_Braz Member+

May 13, 2009
    Wiltshire, UK.
    Club:
    AFC Wimbledon
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    #23 Ric_Braz, Oct 13, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    There was not a previous one but unfortunately the previous history of the appalling behaviour of a lot of English fans abroad has created a reputation that is no longer relevant. The Russian mob wanted to show themselves before they hosted the WC and just attacking women and children inside the stadium was no barrier to them. Most football hooligans stay in their own country and work on a domestic front rather than international.

24. Stuckin1au

Stuckin1au Member+

Dec 22, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I was there for the match at the Euros and avoided the marsielle vieux port simply from the good Intel of Old English heads that were there for France 98 and said it’s a bottleneck for potential trouble had to walk for bloody ages. I had my Fiancé with me best decision I’ve taken in years. Inside the stadium it felt tense and we left in the 89th minute just as it kicked off again at the end.

25. Federico Insua

Independiente
    Argentina
    Jan 30, 2014
    Buenos Aires
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I totally agree 100%! DeMpSeYfan6, once you know which extra tix you will not use, if you post them here I think you will easily get rid of them. I traded with different bigsoccer users last time in Brazil 2014 and all worked out great. I was even able to get my Argentina Semifinal by trading my Brazil vs Germany Semi and we were both extremely happy to do it.