How to care for jerseys?

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by larciel, Mar 28, 2007.

1. larciel

larciel New Member

Jul 20, 2005
    I just got barcelona shirt w/ Ronaldinho printed on the back but shirt and name is very wrinkled.. what'd be the best way to straighten it out??

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also, don't you think the numbers are tilted to right ?? :p

2. mrfocus

mrfocus New Member

Mar 7, 2006
    Montreal, Canada
    Wear it.

You can also try hanging it up in a dresser for a few days.

3. spownsyou10

spownsyou10 New Member

May 18, 2006
    m dub
    yea does look a bit tilted to me. also the the name or the numbers, one of the two, don't really look centered to me if you look at the distance of the "0" to the end of the name and the "1" to the front of the name.

4. appleCORR7

appleCORR7 Member+

Jul 3, 2004
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I think it looks ok other than being creased!!

You can try turning it inside out and running a very cool iron over it. The only problem is once those plastic numbers crease its hard to get them out as it actually makes a crease in the plastic. Thats the only downside to numbering like that, thats really thick.

appleCORR

5. Old US Keeper

Old US Keeper New Member

Sep 29, 2004
    Chandler, AZ
    Amateurs!

OK, here's what you do:

If you have access to a heat press, that's what you use. Go to your local soccer shop or T-shirt shop, lay it flat on the platen, put a mylar sheet over it, & hit it 10 seconds at a time, checking to see how the creases are coming out. The press will heat it up enough to relax the fabric & the numbers/letters without messing them up.

If you can't find anyone you can ship it to me & I'll do it for you.

6. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    you can use a (clothing) steamer to get the wrinkles out or hang the shirt (which i wouldn't recommend because hanging the shirt over time will mess up the collar area) in a hot shower and the steam should straighten out the wrinkles. as for the lettering follow Old US Keeper's advice

7. Battlecruiser

Battlecruiser New Member

Apr 9, 2006
    I was wondering about an issue relating to jerseys, and I don't want to make a new thread just for it, so sorry for the thread hijack. How should you wash jerseys to make sure they stay in good condition? I have the latest Arsenal jersey (http://bigsoccershop.com/shop-by-team-arsenal-arsenal-2007-home-ss-soccer-jersey.html)
    but I don't want to wash it because I don't want to ruin it. Is there any special way or techniques to use with jerseys?

8. Paul.eta

Paul.eta Member

Jan 21, 2003
    flip it inside out then i just throw it in with the rest of my other (good) laundry on usually cold or mild temp, but I never put it in the dryer. you could if you wanted to put in on the delicate cycle in the washer or sort it by colors (whites, lights, darks etc). after it's done washing i put my shirt over a chair and let it dry naturally. don't let it dry in the sun or it might get sun burned (discoloration) after a while.

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

It's clear the creases in the numbers are there as a result of the whole shirt being creased. Put a teatowel on the shirt, iron it until both shirt and numbers are flat. Sorted.