How much is Gao Lin valued for?

Discussion in 'China' started by The Old Lady Hertha, Dec 31, 2005.

1. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    This might concern some teams who might bid for him (including Hertha, who would like to have another fair young striker). How much is he worth? I know for one, if it's more than a million euros, I think a lot of teams would balk at that.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    well, he was part of that U20 team for FIFA youth 2005, and China did very well barely losing to Germany. So he is worth something.

However, if Shenhua does not sell him now, he won't be worth much in 3 years. The common pattern with Chinese NT players is that they are good before they are 23, and then they start to develope bad behavior and starts to stink.

3. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    I don't think the authorities and the teams like to give up players while they're still very young. I would expect that Shenhua wouldn't part with Gao unless a major offer from a first division European team came through, and even if they got that, they would probably not part with him for another 2 or 3 years. There are just too many issues when foreign teams start to look into players in China like language, teams pricing players out of the market, the hurdles interested teams are made to jump over, and, most of all, talent.

4. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Wu Jingui and Shenhua would demand an exorbitant fee because Gao Lin has a lot of potential. They probably want to see what kind of player Gao Lin becomes.

5. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    that contradicts itself because in order to see what kind of player he will develope into, he needs to be somewhere in the English Premiership, or a league of that equivalence. In CSL, even if he does well, it's discounted. I'd say loan him to any English Premiership team.

6. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Shenhua can't sell Gao Lin for an optimal price as of right now because it's all potential. Plus, they'll want to utilize his ability for their own team first in their own CSL. They don't want to sell him to an European team for somewhere between one and two million euros and then see he develop into a Chinese superstar.

He can develop in the CSL. In a foreign league, unless he gets time like Dong Fangzhuo, he won't.

7. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Any chance for Gao Lin to play abroad?

8. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    not anytime soon...it requires 2 things, the most important being interest from a foreign club (which doesn't exist) and then, when you have that, you need the team to be willing to give him up (also unlikely).

9. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Time for him to get a better manager.

10. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    Wu Jingui is a better manager.

11. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
    Meant to say agent, or for that matter anyone who can help him get a chance to play abroad.

Anyway, how good is Wu Jingui as a manager compared to Zhu?

12. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
    They're both Shanghainese. They both coached Championship winners. Wu was educated in Germany. He's going to use 4-3-3 for Shenhua's upcoming season. That's a plus in my book.

13. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Zhu is an old school coach, he's been around forever and has worked a lot with the younger players. He did some coaching training in Brazil as he was the coach of the famed Jianlibao side. Therefore, some of these players have known Zhu since they were young teens.

14. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004

OK I've just read Zhu is talking to Hao Haidong and possible calling him up for NT duties.

Question, does that make Zhu a genius or an idiot?

15. xfactor857

xfactor857 Member

Sep 21, 2003
  16. dreamer

dreamer Member

Aug 4, 2004
  17. chengb02

chengb02 Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Haha, it wouldn't surprise me if Zhu brings Hao into a camp, for fvck's sake, he's even giving Tao Wei a callup. I think Hao can help by imparting some wisdom as someone whose not far removed from his playing days (lets get real, his career as a player is over). However, Zhu better be looking over his shoulder, because if he doesn't succeed, many will look to Hao as his replacement.