How many tickets are sold for the game on sat?

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by worldcup76, Sep 15, 2002.

1. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    I think starting with Monday, if we can get somebody to call up craig and ask him the update on how many tickets are sold so far. This will keep us interested and informed on the count since you know we all care alot about it. You can even tell them you are calling on behalf of the fans of Bigsoccer so they might try to give you an even more exact number if they know alot of people will be seeing the number. I don't have time to call on Monday but I hope sombody else does so we all know where we are at. Thank you and keep it going Revolution. We are all behind you.

2. Bill Duggan

Bill Duggan New Member

Aug 17, 2002
    MA
    I recieved an email from mike on Friday, he says it almost at capacity and that no more seats will be added in beyond the 22k.

3. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Tickets still available in the Fort?

4. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    If they don't add more seats for this game then they are missing the big picture. They could get over 30,000 for this game I bet and now they want to turn people away so they can have empty seats in the stadium? They need to rethink.

5. lstead

lstead New Member

Jul 16, 1999
    If you don't get season tickets, then you're most naughty and must be punished.

6. Keevo

Keevo Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Rochester, NY
    I picked up a few extra tickets this morning, so yes.

I wonder if the fact that the Pats play an early game on Sunday has anything to do the reports of them not opening up extra seats our game.

7. Danizinho

Danizinho New Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Tix are still available in the Fort (Category II also).

Reportedly, they're looking at 30K for Saturday.

8. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    huh? has there been some turnaround?

I called this morning to express my view, that as a season ticket holder, I didn't care if they we're giving away better seats than mine or not…..i want that side open if they think they can go over the 22k. I was promptly told that they weren't even at 20k and that they were going to hold to…"the strategy that was developed at the beginning of the season" and that they have no intention on varying from it regardless of the match implications this sat. [you can insert yet another 20 min conversation here on the crappy corporate and unfan unsoccer friendly kraft philosophy that the statement triggered.]

what gives?

9. Popero

Popero Member

Jul 5, 2002
    CT
    If we don't hit 20k for this game, it will be very sad.

10. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Did the people who called today get an number on how many tickets are sold so far?

11. "Red" Foley

"Red" Foley New Member

Jul 6, 2001
    Hey worldcup 76, who are you, Venus De Milo? You got 10 fingers and presumably you are smarter than the simeons who inhabit the MetroFilth boards, so if they can figure out how to use a telephone, I reckon you should be able to.

And just when there may actually be a reason for the Rip Van Winkle element to jump on the Revs bandwagon, the club will shoot themselves in the foot. It's nice to end to the season on a good note, but who are we kidding, despite the good run of results, if the Revs don't open up more sections if they get a walkup crowd, they are stupider than any of us thought they were. Which in and of itself is a tall order.

Cheers,

"Red"

12. BrianCappellieri

BrianCappellieri Red Card

Feb 11, 2002
    Thanks, Keevo and Danizinho.

13. Rev-eler

Rev-eler Member

Feb 13, 2000
    San Francisco
    i almost sorta kinda maybe understood at the first game of the season where this "let's create a *demand* at our first season" thing. but hey, its obvious that the new stadium smell wore off relatively fast. danizinho-damus, far be it from me to question your verse.....but, let's just say you're right. if they don't open up more seats to meet a poss. 22k+...mls should take this franchise away and give it to rochester. what it god's name would they be "creating a demand" for now?.....next season!? what is there to lose? do they think that if the revs make the playoffs that they'll sell out those games out w/o trying? wouldn't this be the best marketing possible? even if they did, then they'd "create demand" for flex tix or whatever for next season.

if they don't open this place up if there's the demand....then we'll know for sure that they care absolutely nil about this sport. and if that's the case then i'm all but out for re-upping with this squad next year.

14. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Hey "red" foley. Who are you. I'm asking because the ticket office is only open during certain hours and I didn't have time to call. Even If I did have time I probaly wouldn't anyway because I'm sure they are busy with phone calls about actually ordering tickets and don't have time for other things. So stuff it man. I don't know what possesed you to write that stupid response.

15. Jim Dow

Jim Dow New Member

Mar 20, 1999
    Belmont, MA
    When I called today to add to my 9 seats for Saturday I was told by my rep that there were tickets left and that we were not at 20,000 yet. Also that any decision re. "opening up" would come later in the week and was something of a wild card. In other words with the new administration in there is no telling and they are flying by the seat of their pants on this one.

I wonder what the pregame sale was for the Columbus match in 96 as of the Monday? Probably quite a bit more than for this game but then there has been six years worth of water under the bridge and losing seasons. I imagine we will end up with 25,000 squeezed into the old configuration.

JIM DOW

16. Khansingh

Khansingh New Member

Jan 8, 2002
    The Luton Palace
    Good play on words. Heh.:)

17. Camden

Camden Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Maine
    tickets getting better?

I checked yesterday on Ticketmaster (I hate those guys) for the best seats for 4 people and ended up in a cat. 2 seat in 115. I looked today and 4 seats in cat. 1, section 106 come up. What gives?

I haven't order the seats yet because I am waiting for a friend to reply, but as of right now I am glad I didn't order yesterday. Strange.

18. The Magpie

The Magpie Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Cambridge, MA
    Worldcup76

Lighten up. Foley was just trying to get a rise out of you and he succeeded.

That being said, having dealt with the Revs ticket staff in the past they've been quite friendly and helpful in answering any ticketing question, regardless of whether or not I'm buying tickets.

The Magpie

19. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I also heard a figure less than 20K when I spoke with my contact at the Revs offices yesterday.

The early forecast for Saturday is "showers, High of 76, low 54" according to weather.com.

This will not help a walk up crowd ... damn it!

And to echo what I've read here, if we can't sell out this game ... we should be ashamed.

Monty (bought 10 extra tickets for this game)

20. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Hypothetical:

My and four buds hop in the cruiser and pull into the lots at Estadio Razor where we hand over our $15 to park.

We find out that the game is "sold out" despite the visual evidence of empty seats (viewable from the parking lot).

We decline to purchase any "scalps", and are reduced to heading back up the road to find a bar showing the game.

On the way out, we A) have to fight traffic still jammed up trying to get in the understaffed booths, and B) they won't give us back our $15, telling us it's our tough luck that they won't sell us tickets to any of the 40,000 empty seats.

-----
    Here's the query:
    Why would I ever consider coming back?

21. JaneD

JaneD New Member

Apr 16, 1999
    MA
    A friend just got me three tickets through Ticketbastard at Filene's. I had a choice between section 103 and 119 for 3 seats. Supposedly only 2 seats left in the Fort. The woman there said she usually doesn't get much call for tickets but would be surprised if they had 100 tickets left.

See ya on Sat!!!

Jane

22. worldcup76

worldcup76 Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    This game seems like its doing good on sales. Don't forget about how big a walk up crowd we do have when its a big game.

23. soccertim

soccertim Member

Mar 29, 2001
    Mass
    This lends itself to Andy's hypothetical, about people paying to park and not getting tickets. I suppose the sales staff would assume that this is a good thing, creating a big rush for season tickets next year, just like they thought that the stadium itself is worth the price of admission this year.

24. teskicks

teskicks Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Jan 14, 2002
    Wrentham, MA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Our local youth soccer organization (we border Foxboro) sold 60 tickets on a walk-up basis at an unadvertised table outside our concession stand last Saturday. I would imagine we could sell at least that many again this Saturday if we had any left but we are sold out.

I'm sick that I can't go but my oldest has a High School game that night. I'll have to get the VCR rolling again.

25. revsrock

revsrock Member+

Jul 24, 1999
    Boston Ma
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just got back from Foxboro getting 8 extra tickets in the fort, if you go down there the sales person will say there are none in the Fort left but just tell her you are a season ticket holder an she can unlock the seats. I got 8 seats at 345 today, an there was about 20 people behnd me buying tickets for the game. She said they are about 1000 seats away from being "sold out".